The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Alright, I was way off in my assumptions. That is if this report is true.

I can understand the Revis Camp lamenting about not getting a singing bonus despite this being an uncapped year, but $16 million a year? Without even knowing what the CBA will look like? They're insane if they think that 15% of the team's salary should belong to Revis.

I heard 10 years at $100 million being offered by the Jets, now I'm hearing $120 million.

If the Jets mainly disagree on total compensation, I wonder what the Revis Camp offered in their proposal?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

let's look
    That sure sounds like he wants 10/160 to me.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

10/160 is motherfuckin nuts, no wonder there's no movement....as long as that's the figure taht revis is sticking to there won't be any movement

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

What gets to me is that the Agents keep harping on the fact that they haven't been given any guaranteed money figures. Tanny has said that they won't even begin to talk guaranteed money until a deal on total compensation is reached. I fear that even if they reach an agreement on total compensation that the stupid Revis Camp will want a bigger percent of it guaranteed, especially if they agree to a lower figure.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I am sure, POSITIVE in fact, that the Jets leaked these numbers just to get this discussion going. Why wouldn't they? It is now up to the Revis camp to deny it or leak their own numbers if there is anything different than what is currently being reported.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I'm really wondering if they are sticking to $160 mil, knowing they won't get it, but hoping it will inflate what the Jets eventually offer. Sure sounds like Woody and Tanny might realize this and are cutting it off for now. That's my added speculation.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I still think it'll come down to guaranteed money, and the Revis Camp may concede in total compensation, but they'll demand even more money in a signing bonus.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

You have to start somewhere. I'm sure that will be a big struggle too, but if they don't agree to the first part they can't begin to negotiate on the second.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

wasnt there a rumor that Revis would accepted a contract that had more guaranteed money than Aso's contract if the salary per year was around 12mil?

10. emania55

emania55 Member

if revis agrees to the original offer after the holdout he wont have the leverage to demand anything

11. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

revis needs to hire some better agents/PR because right now he just looks like a slightly delusional and very greedy individual

12. WhiteShoeWillis

If that were the case he'd have absolutely not problem agreeing to the 10/120 part of the total compensation as long as they negotiated the bonus part to be more than Aso.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

At this point I'd like to impregnate a woman, name him Darrelle Revis and then repeatedly punch him.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

u do kno babies aren't born over....nvm

great idea!

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

That's actually what I had assumed was the issue. I didn't think he'd want to get paid almost as much as Derek Jeter.

16. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

This guy is Ridiculous!!!! 10 yrs ...come on now ..you know in another 2-3 he will be pulling this shit again when someone is making more money then him for that upcoming year! What a bum! He really has lost respect in my book...just the way he is going about this is very unprofessional.

Lets move forward ...if he comes back to reality thats all good ..if not stay in la la land and keep thinking your gonna get that money.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Wait, is this woman you're trying to impregnate a tranny?

18. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

* No one player is bigger than the team, This holdout crap is affecting the team, restructure his contract, 11 miliion a year for next 5 years with alot of guaranteed money, if he dont take that put Wilson in his spot.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL

I guess I forget to add in the birth part. Name the baby Darrelle.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

If they agree to a total amount of compensation and then can't agree to signing bonus and guaranteed money there will be no signed contract and they would be right where they are now.

I may affect their negotiation position slightly but not that much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.