The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

never mind... u edited it... i totally agree with you, even if i hate brady

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

No, that article was posted on the Daily News site at 4 AM this morning. I am sure the papers hit some stands even earlier.

3. emania55

emania55 Member

the fact that this is being picked up pretty quickly would suggest it is pretty reliable

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The other thing in this is that knowing what his demands and his track record is what team is going to want trade for him? It hurts his trade value as no team in their right mind is going to trade for him. I don't think there are any teams that are a CB away from winning the SB and so many teams are so close to the cap that nobody is going to be able to take that type of hit. If we're gonna move him send his ass to Buffalo so he can watch us beat him twice a year for the next 7 years.

Unfortunately I don't think Revis cares about winning, it's all about ego and dollars... those guys usually don't last long in the league.

5. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Yeah I realized I had CB and was like oh that's not right....

6. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

yeah... god forbid another cb got good money.

7. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i have been trying to stay out of this for the most part because i know it will consume my time and fuck my income in some way but i cant not comment on 10 years @160mil.

IS HE FUCKIN HIGH!?!?!?!?!?

seriously these moron agents and revis (he hired them so hes responsible) have got to be kidding with that number. how can they see that as acceptable? i was slightly pro revis until i heard that number. now i hope this airing out of the facts gets him and his agents to realize how much they are truly screwing over there client. putting him in this light not only makes him look bad in NFL circles, but also hurts revis when it comes to endorsements and whatnot because his marketability is getting smaller by the day with this situation. hope revis can live on giegers semen and ramen noodles because thats all hes getting until he comes down from the clouds and starts negotiating a real contract

8. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I probably missed something, but where else was this reported besides Manish's blog?

9. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

there better be clauses in his new deal for every one of his bonuses to be paid AFTER training camp

10. grnmtnjetfan

grnmtnjetfan New Member

The revis thing

First, I am not a fan of inflated salaries or prima-donnas. I think Mr. Revis is for himself and that's all. One man does not make a team. In fact, I believe the man has let his teammates down by not showing up. That is just wrong. I bust my ass working; sometimes 2 jobs, in order to provide my family with a decent home, food, etc. I also put my life on the line for my community as a Volunteer Fireman. My wife and I work very hard for what we have. I cannot side with a player who feels he needs to renegotiate his contract because he won't play for 1 million dollars! Give me a break. Mr. Revis needs to pull his head out of his ass, get on the field, support his team, and live up to his contract.

11. emania55

emania55 Member

just did a google search for revis 40 mill it was picked up by nbc sports,jetsblog among others

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Both of those use the Daily News as their source (Manish)

This is where all the reports are coming from. It just seems like he's speculating on the 10 year, $160 million.

13. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

now seeing that this 40 mil thing is true, im kinda getting the feeling that this has a chance at being settled. call me optimistic but thats not a terrible gap in nfl terms. im sure the jets can meet half way and then put in a clause to escape that chunk of money. i mean tannenbaum is a genius. who gets away with a freeze clause besides him? and the guy is the master of the poison pill. im sure they can get creative here its not like schwartz and feinsold are rocket scientists they wont catch every detail.

14. emania55

emania55 Member

usa today also just reported it. and don't most news sources check the sources of a article before they use it as a source I'm pretty sure there checking the daily news's sources the news just beat them to (sad as i am to say that)

15. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

If things gets really ugly, what will happen?

16. Don

17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't work for a news company, but I don't know how much fact checking they do. With how some of these rumors spread in the sports world from the likes of Florio, I'm guessing they don't do a whole lot.

18. Don

The easiest way to deny it would be for his agents to umm..deny it. Until then it is true as they deny anything that isn't true. Unless of course he is asking for more than that. They had no problem calling Tannenbaum a blatant liar yesterday over Johnson being not invited to that meeting.

19. emania55

emania55 Member

you might be right but i think at least the jets side of it would of been checked

20. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That's the article I'm talking about. I mistakenly said it was written by Manish because he posted a link to it on his twitter. But yeah, this is definitely not an absolute. He is just extrapolating Asomouga's contract over 10 seasons. He never says this is the deal that Revis' camp offered the Jets.

Maybe I am being optimistic here, but I am not going to believe 10 years 160 million until I hear it from Revis, Woody, Tannenbaum, or Revis' agents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.