The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It must be true because his extremely loud mouthed "team" isn't screaming to the four winds that it is not true and you know they would.

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

done... :up:

3. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

After reading that article this morning, I understand Woody's comment about Revis not playing this year. I dont see any way to bridge that gap. I think the 10 yr / 120 m offer is pushing it. And yes, no one will pay that figure andgive us compensation.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is the part I truly do not understand Junc.

I get the million then the two years at 10 million...but the buy back and him becoming a free agent is the part I do not get. Its a big part of it..one scenario puts Revis in the driver seat the other the Jets. I would love someone to clarify it now.

I posted 2 months ago that that biggest mistake the Jets made was not tying up Dbrick, Mangold and Harris. They did Dbrick...if I were the Jets, I would tie up at least one of the other two before the season just to put another nail in the coffin that the Jets do not take care of their own...and Revis using the whole "looked what happened to Leon" crutch.

With that said, day by day...with the exposure of the offer that has been made to him...his options become more limited because as a few posters mentioned..he is untradeable with his agents..and his requests. While long term that would hurt the Jets....he cant be that insane to let this go on too much longer without looking like a completely selfish bastard.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

10 years, 160 million......Schwartz and Feinsod should be tarred and feathered for this.

I'm fucking speechless.

6. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Maybe its 100 years, 160 million.:smile:

7. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

too bad he already does look like a selfish bastard

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

but we're not talking about Ilya Kovalchuk.

9. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Somebody posted the entire explanation a few pages back but after reading that it is more confusing then ever. I will try to find it.

Here.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=57959&page=121

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm a Revis-maniac like all other die-hard Jets fans......but that contract demand from his camp....is really disappointing.

Revis had better fire these two asshats he's got representing him....before this REALLY gets out of hand.

11. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

It is complicated, I am not 100% sure but from what I understand is that assuming he plays this year he can buy back the final 2 years of the deal for about a mil and a half and he could become a FA BUT the Jets can then buy back the final 2 years by guaranteeing him the money in the fianl 2 years so if he got hurt say opening day 2011 he'd be paid for '11 and '12 whether he played again or not. It was known all along the Jets would buy back those final 2 years so it was still essentially a 6 year deal.

12. scoochydawg

scoochydawg Active Member

How much of the Jets offer is gaurenteed money?

13. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

I think the franchise amount is the greater of the amount of the top 5 players in the league at your position or your current salary plus a set percentage. You never have your salary go down after you get franchised IIRC.

14. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

no one knows

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

In the article, they stated several times that they want to get to an agreeable total contract for both sides, then talk signing bonus and guarantees. But apparently, they are about a billion dollars apart on total compensation, so that hurdle is not close to being cleared.

I like Revis, but this is getting ridiculous now.

16. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

I think Revis has really burned his bridges here, and if Cromartie and Wilson look good in our pre-season games, Revis is screwed.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Well, not that it matters too much, but I think this will sway public opinion towards the Jets a little bit. Not that Revis cares (or should). If he doesn't come down from that number, he won't play for anyone anytime soon. Unless they throw in some weird clause that allows the Jets to get out of it later.

18. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I believe they said they're not talking guaranteed money until they can come closer on "total compensation" (yearly average, if I understand it correctly?).

19. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Thanks DON and thanks JUNC. Now it makes more sense.

Perhaps all the dirty laundry and both sides being exposed needed to happen to get this thing done. Just a gut feeling. As long as both sides (Woody wanting to be there and the agents saying that was a lie and the the actual Jet offer) were hiding behind abstract bullshit...nothing would get done. Now you have both sides being exposed...whether the Woody part is true or not....Revis not entertaining that offer..if accurate...has turned this board...and the media..against him today.

Listening to talk shows this morning..its not a good Revis day and perhaps that needed to happen to get the ball rolling. Might sound weird...but a gut feeling.

20. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

If this is true I will no longer be on the Revis side of this argument. Jet for life..? Yeah okay I want that, but Jet, or your life?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.