The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

it is a dumb thread.

No one knows anything, and everyone is going apeshit over something they can't control.

I just want it to end.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Weird - this is more or less exactly what my wife says on our weekly date night.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

A first and a second is hardly good value unless or until there is a rookie cap in place. That would cost them more than he is asking for now. A pro bowl player or two is good value.

4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Article

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...gap_guarantees_big_trouble.html#ixzz0wIF3ExnP

If this is indeed true..let Mevi$ sit out.

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Its time you got your facts right. Here are the details of Asomugha's contract:

"Aso" is due $16 million in 2010 with an option year in 2011 available for either $16.9 million or the franchise tag number for quarterbacks, whichever amount is greater. If the '11 option is not exercised, the deal prohibits Asomugha's team from franchise tagging him.

So Revis is asking for $16 million plus. Is that what he is worth? I think (as do the Jets and anyone with a brain in the NFL) that is a ridiculous demand and senile Al Davis should not set the market for Revis or any other player.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Wake me up after the 2nd pre-season game, say that Wed. Until then, I am ignoring all the chatter, lets face it, both sides use the media and the media loves it because it requires no effort to write about or discuss. I am trying to enjoy the football stuff. People should stop worrying about how much more a millionaire will make or pay. This fight is between 2 rich people, its not the common man against the man

#2447 sec314, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  8. NEJets

NEJets Member

If that 120M deal is true,, then fuck him, let him sit for 3 more years.

9. emania55

emania55 Member

I think he wants the avg of aso's contract which is 15.1 mill. Bailey made 13 last year.
    so he's asking that the 10 year offer be 151.7(and 50 cents) mill also aso's contract is about 55% guaranteed which would be 83 mill guaranteed over ten years.

that is ridiculous it would be the largest contract in nfl history

#2449 emania55, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  10. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I know someone who knows a guy within the organization. He's assured me that at some point during this process, one side will give in to the other side and a new contract will be in place on a date yet to be determined.

11. emania55

emania55 Member

sorry my bad thats 160 mill theres no justifying that

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

If we stopped going apeshit about things we couldn't control this message board wouldn't exist.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

The "Band-Aid" proposal doesn't sound like a very good offer

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I could be wrong on this but I know that trade helped Dallas get some more pieces to win the SB... I believe Alvin Harper and Erik Williams were the two main players they got with those draft picks. People rip the Walker trade and in no way was New Orleans that stupid but they certainly contributed to the Dallas dynasty.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

How much ground would they really have to stand on in a court of law? He is the one not upholding his end of a contract.

It would discourage other players from using these agents and trying to force their hand with hold outs too. Money will always get them here.

I'm glad Tanny said he would not trade him. It's just more pressure on him and his team to get something done.

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Where'd you read that?

17. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

A pro bowl player would sweeten the pot. But with an extra first and second, we could always use those 2 picks to trade down into the 3rd and 4rth rounds and pick up several players. It will be tough for most teams to come up with a good package for the Jets and a contract for Revis.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/08/gap_between_darrelle_revis_jet.html

Gap Between Darrelle Revis, Jets 'Insurmountable,' Owner Says

Published: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 7:15 PM Updated: Tuesday, August 10, 2010, 11:33 PM
    Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

William Perlman/The Star-LedgerWoody Johnson says he was tried to join last week's meeting at Roscoe Diner, but was "rebuffed." Jon Feinsod, one of Revis' agents, says they would meet with Johnson "any time, any place."

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The gap between Darrelle Revis and the Jets appears to get wider with each passing day of his holdout, at least publicly. Woody Johnson went so far as to call it "insurmountable."

"Well I feel that he will not be on the New York Jets team this year, based on what I know today to this very moment," Johnson said this afternoon on the Michael Kay Show on ESPN. "Now that could change, and I hope it does change."

On Monday, Johnson said he was not optimistic a deal with Revis would get done before the season, and told ESPN E:60 that he had a "gut feeling" Revis would not play this season.

Johnson reiterated that the difference in the six-months long impasse is total compensation. Asked why he had not just paid Revis, the All-Pro cornerback and team's best defensive player, he emphasized that the deal has to work for both sides -- and indicated that the proposal Revis' agents made last Friday at the Roscoe Diner only works for one side.

"I have to go by what we feel, and we feel that, 'Yes, he's a good player,' " Johnson said. "But until we come up with an agreement on what the compensation should be, it's not going to work. I think we have to look at a lot of ingredients when we’re putting this team together, not just Darrelle."

Johnson said he has agreed to meet with Revis in person. He also said he offered, through Revis' agents, to be at the meeting between general manager Mike Tannenbaum and Revis' agents last Friday but was rebuffe

One of Revis' agents, Jon Feinsod, said they would meet with Johnson "any time, any place." He added that he has never spoken with Johnson nor his secretary, and would "love to hear" what he thinks of the proposal they made for a long-term deal.

According to Feinsod, none of the Jets' proposals have contained "a single dollar" of a signing bonus.

Asked to respond to this statement, a team official referred back to Tannenbaum's comments on the opening day of training camp and reiterated that the team is flexible on the signing bonus amount, as well as other bonuses and the structure of the guarantees.

Revis is not expected to report today, meaning he will sacrifice an accrued season by rule. His stance is that he will not report without a new contract, and he is not wavering.

Notes from afternoon practice:

Veterans QB Mark Brunell, FB Tony Richardson and RB LaDainian Tomlinson appeared to have been given the afternoon off.

Eric Smith came in for Jim Leonhard at safety. Smith picked off QB Mark Sanchez in 7-on-7 drills.

WR Jerricho Cotchery made a great effort to stay in bounds on a sideline catch with CB Kyle Wilson in coverage, but ultimately landed out.

LB Jason Taylor (groin) was once again limited. TE Jeff Cumberland (concussion) returned to the practice field wearing a red non-contact jersey. LB Brashton Satele (ankle) was still out

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

If those numbers are true Revis can suck a bag of dicks!! No way in hell would a cornerback get the leagues highest contract.

I figured it was posted Jets offered $120 million, Revis wants 10 years $160 million. Jets admit no guaranteed money has been talked since they are so far apart on total compensation. Per Manish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.