The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, because whether a team is better than another is a combination of head to head match ups and entire schedule. the fact that the Jets had a better record and went far in the playoffs reveals they are better than the Fins overall, even if they lost those games. by your lack of logic, the Bucs were just as good as the Saints last year simply because they split the head to head match up, since that is all that matters. please explain that.

I don't think anyone disputes the assertion that the SB champ is the best team in the league. considering every SB champ in history except for one has lost at least one game, does that mean there are teams better than the SB champ because they defeated them head to head. let me guess, the 85 Dolphins were better than the 85 Bears because you gave them that one loss. that is the conclusion you will have to assert if you apply the criteria of your argument logically. so, please assert such and leave no doubt about your lack of intelligence.

2. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

To make more money.

It's not a very hard question.

3. smelly_joe

smelly_joe New Member

good old clowney, i wish he was a better football player, then he might be my favourite... must be annoying for him to be struggling for playing time while he watches all this revis shhite going on. although i wouldnt say no to a 545,000 salary

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I agree with this. Revis' presence would be especially felt with someone like Cromartie here, assuming Cromartie plays the way that he's being hyped up.

With Revis on the field, Cromartie becomes a target for opposing QBs out of necessity... without Revis on the field, teams can generally ignore whoever Cromartie is covering unless its someone great... like Brandon Marshall... who has absolutely OWNED Cromartie in the past.

The point is, Revis forces the offense to do something different than it might normally do. That allows us to cheat our safeties and it will provide Cromartie with big play opportunities. Having him out on the field is not an 8 play a game type of deal... its every play that the defense is out there that he's affecting the outcome.

Revis is a BIG reason why our defense was #1 last year. The defense wasn't exactly overwhelming in any facet but one... and that was Revis.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

At least Clowney showed up and is trying to make the team better unlike Mevis the wussy who is refusing to show up. Primma Donna can sit for 3 yrs and not get paid as far as I am concerned.

6. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

It is very easy to say "Give Mevi$ every dollar he wants" when it isn't your money.

I am not saying the Jets shouldn't pay Mevi$, I am saying they shouldn't be basing their salary structure upon the whims of a senile old bastard out in Oakland. I think we have already established over the past decade that the Raider way is the quickest way to be picking in the top 5 of the draft every year.

IF the Jets give Mevi$ a blank check, they open the door for everyone on the team to start demanding re-dos on their contract. Ironically enough, this is the contract that Mevi$ and Schwartz wanted when the held out a few years ago. IF you give Mevi$ what he wants, what is to stop the guy from holding out again next year? He has already held out twice and I can guarantee if he isn't happy for whatever reason - based upon his history - he will hold out again.

You give into Mevi$ demands now - when he is under contract that he negotiated and signed - it will destroy the ability of this team to retain additional core players. You will be stuck with a 10 win team and $16 million CB. This thread should be stickied because the same people complaining about the Jets not caving will complain years from now when our $16 million dollar CB prevents the team extending other players or signing key free agents.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You know, you seem to try so hard to make a coherent argument (I said try), and then you totally invalidate your efforts with idiotic posts like this. Clowney? The fuck?

8. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I didn't say a word about his salary, and what he deserves. You just can't measure a CB based on how many tackles, pd, or int he has. You are talking about the best Cover Corner in the league, which doesn't always produce gaudy stats. However, he does still get a good amount of picks, and is one of the best tackling CB in the league.

Lets not start downplaying his ability because everyone is pissed at his holdout.

9. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

lol..

Football is a game of matchups, I know you all know that, so throw records out the window, bottom line, you are not a better team without one of the best defensive players in the game, and we are, with our obvious additions..

Just talkin football man, and ive turned into a retarded homosexual that needs to write in fag...lol...

Ps...iam actually driving past cortland on my way to elmira....and passed where the jet's practice..I had no idea, I was actually reading and writing in this thread when I passed....

Iam staying in elmira for the night which i guess is only 45 min's away from the practice...Could anyone be kind enough to tell my gay retarded ass an early practice time?..is it open to the public 2maro morning?..If so, I would go, and try objectively as I know how, to give you an honest report?...

I know, I know, you don't care, but maybe some folks do, and would like the info?

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

and the dumbfuckery continues.

People are so quick to pile on Revis.

1) There's still uncertainty regarding the CBA

2) It's been reported that Tanny approached Revis and stated that he's OUTPERFORMED his current deal....this bullshit about "oh, he's still got 3 years left on his contract"....his current contract is a fucking moot point.....get past it.

3) Nobody outside of Revis' camp and Tanny's war room knows exactly what's going on.

So stop making retarded assumptions and dumb accusations....when clearly, NONE of us really knows what's going on behind closed doors.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm still trying to figure out what's the backup plan for Revis? The only way out of his contract is by retiring. We know he can't just sit out 3 full seasons, and we know that it's unlikely another team will be willing to part with 2 first rounders, players, AND pay the guy the ridiculous amount he wants.

They're fringing on the Jets inability to field an effective defense without him, hoping to lure the Jets back to the table and concede their entire stand to the Revis camp. It's a huge gamble on their part because they literally have zero cards to play outside of that.

Basically, it's either accept what the Jets are offering, or retire from football altogether.

12. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

I am not saying he isn't good - in fact I think he is very good. I just don't think the Jets' should pay him $16 million a year. Everyone agrees that he deserves more money but to just make blanket statements saying pay Mevi$ the money is irresponsible and will hurt the team far more than it will do any good.

The point everyone seems to be missing is that Mevi$ demands are based upon the contract that Oakland signed Aso to. IF you believe that was good contract, than so be it. I think it was an irresponsible contract and I don't think the Jets should be beholden to what Oakland did.

Mevi$ and his agent are being totally unreasonable. IF both sides were willing to work together, I think this deal would get done. But unfortunately, there is too much history with Mevi$ and especially Schwartz (and don't underestimate the vested interest this scumbag has in these negotiations!) and I think that ultimately Mevi$ is gone.

It isn't what I want as a Jets fan, but I don't think it is a good sign when the owner is saying that Mevi$ is gonna sit out this year.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup. The NYJ just need to be willing to eat that draft pick.

14. abyzmul

too much .....

15. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

:beer:

Tell us how you really feel.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I know its difficult for some morons like yourself to actually follow a thread and understand context. So I am not surprised that you are utterly clueless about this. Time for you to go mow the lawn junior.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The next person dishing out personal attacks in this thread is getting banned. I don't care who it is. I've given plenty of fair warning.

Chill out.

18. abyzmul

Um, no, I read the Clowney tweet. It doesn't make your post less idiotic. Sorry.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that

BTW, when I see your avatar I see this:
    [​IMG] = [​IMG]

20. HenneToMarshall

HenneToMarshall New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.