The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

This is extremely short sighted. Revis is a rare talent. This is not some zone corner, but a once in a generation shut down type player. This is Dion Sanders in his prime, except Revis will tackle and support the run. He takes the opposing teams top offensive playmaker and shuts him down every game.

Just because a way a player affects a play is not on the stat sheet does not mean he is not making an impact. Your logic there is flawed and silly. Ask the recivers he faced last season if he only affects 10% of the snaps and they will laugh in your face.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I agree that you have no business sense.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, as long as you feign ignorance to the entire concept of singling Revis on their #1 wideout and forcing them into throwing at double coverage.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I heard it from Manish Mehta in response to a question from a fan who asked if Revis can just sit out for 3 years and become a Free Agent:

It seems very likely though. Gilbert played the last year of his contract with the Redskins in 1996, and was franchised at the end of the season. He sat out the entire 1997 season, and the Redskins were able to franchise him again.

5. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

you forgot to mention how rex ryan is fat therefore making it impossible for us to win a super bowl.

6. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

The main data is we've beaten you 3 times in a row with Revis playing, and without Marshall playing...For anyone to make the claim that your better than us without Revis and with Mashall, is pretty hollow...not sure how you can make that arguement.

You take away a supremely talented player, and we add one,...that is a "double complete wainbow."...lol

7. HOI

HOI Active Member

True...that ice helped him win the last two games of the year that you guys needed to get into the playoffs. Truth is...he SHIT big time and you guys ended up finishing 1 game ahead of the Bills.

Sanchez went on the road and won two playoff games. I will wait for you to tell me why those road wins in the playoffs meant nothing...

I am astonished by the Fins fans mentality that they are one of the teams to beat this year? You guys finished two games below .500. ONE game ahead of Buffalo...I forgot though...you guys finished first in "we almost beat them" games...the Colts, the Saints.

Fins fans are like the guy in every group of friends that brags that he "almost/could have fucked some girl last night"

You pussies can beat us twice every year and think about it when your wacking off...we'll continue to go to the playoffs.

You beat us twice and went 5-8 on the rest of your schedule...WOW!!!

#2127 HOI, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

A rare talent who is pricing himself out of a job. The Jets have been trying everything to sit down with this guy and work something out, but he won't even do that. All he wants to do is extort a crazy contract, so yeah fuck Mevi$

9. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

This is correct, and I'd also add the question is how many times will player X make a player that replacement player Z off the street can't match. A crappy rookie free agent center won't be as good as Mangold but will be able (with help from other players on the line) to get blocking calls in, will snap the ball successfully all season, and won't get blown off the line all that often.

You try and have a rookie free agent corner guard Moss and Marshall one on one with minimal help and the other team passes for 400 yards in a game.

10. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I'm simply trying to make a comparison between a 15, 20, 20 and a 1, 20, 20

it doesnt hurt the team to give him 15 this year and 20 the next two. they already thought it was okay for 20 the next two years so how does that change?

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I just read an article from ESPN on how Woody essentially believes Revis will not be playing this season. It's still early enough to work out a deal, I would hope. Such bull if nothing can be worked out, on our part and Darelles part.

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Except you're currently replacing Mevi$ with Cromartie, who by all accounts has looked great so far.

13. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

does that happen to be the same ice veined qb who chocked the last three games of the season costing you guys the playoffs?
    :finssuck: :shit:

14. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Nothing changes except you just added $34 million to the contract without adding any years.
    In what fantasy land does this make any sense?

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

So what if Cromartie ends up having a season as good as Mevi$' last year?

16. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

Basically Woody can afford to wipe his ass with $100 bills but won't pay his best player who will make him money by selling merch. and possibly playoff tickets. I just don't see it. Revis getting a bonus this year in no way affects my money and would prefer my PSL/ticket price to go to a player along with the stadium.

17. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

it wasnt 20 mil each of the next two years it was 20 mil over the next two years

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Obvious troll is obvious.

Your offense put up 104 on us the lat time we played. If we had not given up to kick returns or a fumble return for a TD you were not even in the game. There is also the little fact that you missed the playoffs last season.

Nither Ricky or Ronnie craked 27 yards rushing that game. God they scare me.

:breakdance:

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There's plenty of information available in this thread for you to educate yourself as to how off base you are.

20. Coach K

Coach K New Member

so
    -you guys losing porter and taylor
    -then more injuries at LB'er,
    -Keller and Sanchez developing,
    -the addition of Holmes
    -first offseason of Edwards working with the team,
    -the return of Jenkins,
    -a more explosive starting RB in Greene
    -a better pass catcher out of the backfield as backup RB in LT
    -a more physical safety Pool> Rhodes
    -Antonio Cromartie in heavy man coverage scheme

i guess that means nothing. and tedd ginn is gone this year so 1 of your 3 wins goes out the window if your assuming the NY Jets this year are the same exact team as last year.

cause you definitely wont be playing the same Jets.

sure itd be great to have Revis but by no means is anyone afraid of the Dolphins. sorry. take your act somewhere else.

like where fags parade around in crocs and white khakis, i believe its called Landshark Stadium or South Beach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.