The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SameOldJets2008

SameOldJets2008 New Member

you can say that you saw the jets 2011 superbowl champs

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That rich fuck will go broke if he pays that much to every whining premadonna who gets up one day and decides he's god's gift to football. There's more than one player on a team. Fuck Mevi$, if he doesn't get reasonable the best result would be if he never plays another day in the NFL and ends up on COPS with gold spray paint up his nose and a doobie on his ear yelling, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???" as he's led away in handcuffs

3. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

A center is much more important than a cornerback.
    The center handles the ball on every offensive snap and is responsible for calling the protection/blocking scheme for the line.
    On average that is 60 plays per game the center has an integral responsibility for safely getting the ball to the QB and calling either pass or run blocking schemes.

A CB - in Mevi$' case - impacts maximum anywhere 6-10 plays a game. Last year, Mevi$ had 54 tackles + 6 interceptions + 31 PDs for a total of 91 "plays" in a 16 game season. That averages out to 5.6 plays per game - less than 10% of the defensive snaps in an average game.

Franchise QBs, left tackles and centers factor into 50% of the team's total 120 O/D snaps a game. You want to take up an absurd amount of cap room for a guy who factors in what 5% of each game's snaps? Even if you give Mevi$ the benefit of the doubt and say he factors in the Jets D twice as many plays because it allows them to get more creative, even at 10% of the total snaps per game, you don't pay that guy the absurd money he is asking.

Based upon last year's salcap of $123 million, the most you can give the guy is the $12 million dollar range (about 10% of the cap). No way you can give this guy $16+ a year, not for someone who isn't a FRANCHISE QB.

4. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

And if after all this crap, and the Jets pay Revis and then they don't win the Super Bowl and the team is screwed for years, then how would you feel about it?

5. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

I want him on the field. a couple million changing hands from one old rich douche to a talented immature rich player doesnt matter to me. I want whatever will help the team and get me entertained and happy

6. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

Can he just show up for the last week of the season? Something doesn't seem right about this. What if he shows up and then re-holds out. It has to be complicated.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I invite all those frustrated by this issue to join me at my new location...

See arrow below...

<---------

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

seriously.

like i get it, people are envious of wealthy people. so when said wealthy people make decisions peeps don't agree with, they're "crazy fucks" or "rich douchebags" etc etc. the negativity towards woody here is downright laughable. he's running a business, very well i might add. this is a business negotiation and some here are clearly taking it a little too personally. do i want revis on the team? hell yes. but not at the risk of losing every other star player we have. that's just too high a cost.

9. thedoc53

thedoc53 New Member

i wrote about that already. the contract was already in place for 20M guarenteed for the next two years. NOTHING changes by going 15M with a lot of it guarenteed this year and 20M the next two.

10. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

Last time I checked, I was not mentally retarded, but maybe mentally retarded people don't know there mentally retarded, ya know.

Healthy Ronnie Brown...with his backup being Ricky Williams..Ricky as a backup....You don't want any part Of these two and you know it..

Lousaka Polite blocking for both of them.. 17 for 17 on 3rd and short..and a player that literally knocked the snot out of your Boy Bart scott....Iam sure you've seen the video...If not, let me know.

Top 3 wide receiver on the outside creating space for 2 supremely talented top 5 draft choice running backs...

Brandon Marshall is a beast, and the dynamics a player of this caliber can do for offensive philosophy is pretty damn quantifiable...he's on the record saying he's most excited by helping the running game...great blocker, great receiver.

Excellent slot receiver in Bess....The dude is getting recognized around the league as being such.

An oline that was top 5 in rushing without the skillset of Brandon Marshall creating that coveted space..

Arguably the best Left tackle in the game....A pivitol position in this league..

A young QB with a filthy arm and ice in his veins..

Hartline as a rookie had a 17 YPA average....That's an accomplishment right there, and doesn't happen if your not a player that has upside..

The Wildcat, with the unquestioned best player in the league out of the formation.......something that you couldn't stop when the game was on the line last year, monday nite, not even close.

Our offense is diverse, and our players fit our scheme beautifully...

11. SameOldJets2008

id feel alot better than if we play without him and miss the playoffs..look at the contracts...cro edwards holmes...etc all with one year left like it or not were not going to resign everyone..this is our year how would you feel if he sits out and we finish 9-7 or 10-6 and wondered what could have been if we had him

12. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

type of situation where ari gold would be a good nfl owner. hed probobly call him into his office call him a little bitch then threaten to send him to oakland

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

By the time season starts, Revis would have accrued no year towards FA this year, and accrue about $660k in fines. If he doesnt play the first 4 wks, he would be fined over a million, his base salary. If he decides to sit out the whole season, he'd be fined about over $2mils. Suck on that MEvis!

14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

is there confirmation on that, I've seen it said several times, and it just seems too good to be true.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Chad Henne sucks, get lost.

16. SameOldJets2008

your right the jets are always right and I should be 100% behind everything they do

ill just put my green colored glasses on sit back and enjoy 9-7

chad henne does suck tho ill agree with you there

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

He does not.

He Blows.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dude. Who gives a fuck? Stop trying your tardest to hijack this thread into talking about your faggot team.

19. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Those who are talking as if this team cannot win w/o Revis are truly nuts and simply don't understand football very well. Revis is a tremendous player and we want him on our team if it is possible to convince him to live up to his contract or to sign a new contract. However, the Jets should be a good team with or without Revis this season.

Also the lunatics who think this is the only possible season for the Jets are INSANE. This team is built to win this year and for the foreseeable future. Sanchez is WAY WAY WAY more important in this respect than Mevis is. Sanchez is just starting to get better and is in ony his second season. The Jets are building to contend for titles this year and for the next 5 seasons. Get a grip guys, we can find another CB if Mevis decides he wants to not get paid for 3 seasons.

#2119 AbdulSalam, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He has $21 million total on his contract now at buyback prices which he gave up by not reporting.
    It was $1 mil this year then $5 mil and then $15 in the last year.
    Those numbers are gone now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.