The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Are you doing multiple bong hits over there??? Can you read???? Who said that the Jets or Mevis was stalling negotiations just so HBO can have an extra storyline????? :lol: Answer: NOBODY SAID THAT.

Page 99 !!!

2. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

[​IMG]

As certain MODS are away too sensitive, I have moved my efforts to launch a Darrelle Mevi$ telethon to this thread.

Obviously, some cranky old bastards can't tell the difference with the threads that are CLEARLY designed to poke fun at the Mevi$ situation...

Anyway, I am willing to pledge $1...

If we can get a million people to pledge $1 dollar and make sure Sally Struthers doesn't eat any of the money, we get Mevi$ into camp!

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'd rather spend 50 bucks for someone to push you off a bridge.

4. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

Starks over Fergie is a real upgrade...he's such a strong player yet still has the quickness to play in the backfield and stay on the field for 3rd down to rush the passer...he's just an excellent football player..

Odrick has the respect of arguably the best Left tackle in the game...He's going up against Jake so far and has earned that respect...He's a rook yes, but he's a physical specimen that has unprecedented size for a rookie at def. end....His hand usage is phenominal, and the space that he has out there really suits his skillset..

So basically in our coaches opinion the combo of starks and Odrick is an upgrade over starks and ferg..

Langford has gotten bigger, stronger and quicker.... his game is ascending nicely..

Wake is an absolute stud....This is a player that will allow us to drop more player's back while still creating serious pressure from a 3 man front...No BS man, this guy is the most freakish pass rusher ive seen in a long time...your defensive coache's will have to gameplan for this dude.

Misi and Dansby give us athleticism in space that we did'nt have with JT and Porter...and so desperately needed..

Bell, Smith, Davis, and the new guy Carroll we got in the 5th round { freak athlete,star of training camp}, along with the vet Will allen, I feel confident were better this year...Marshall said that Sean is gonna be a great player, pretty much said that he has owned him the past few days and that he has to go back and watch film in order to figure this kid out....

Vontae Davis is really good man, better than smith imo.. explosive athlete, dangerous against the run, has the ability and demeanor to be All pro...

Our offense is stacked....

Idk, iam trying to look at this objectively without Revis....

some saying that ya'll are better than us without him is not objective imo, considering the data we have.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Then what the hell kind of dynamic are you talking about?

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Dolphin fans are dying to make the subject of this thread their stupid faggy colored team, because half the threads on their own boards are about the Jets.

7. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

We're not sensitive, we just merge idiotic threads that have no merit, don't know how to embed images, and have no point at all other than to draw attention to yourself. Add that to the fact there's a sticky thread telling people not to start Revis threads, and we're lucky we didn't ban you.

Yeah, what are you going to raise? We have 3614 members on this board. We each raise $1, and Revis gets less than a quarter of the money he gets sitting out practice.

It's a stupid idea, and I can't believe that you went out of your way to post it again.

8. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

Ahhhh, like all good Jets fans, it is now time in the thread where we must attack each other.

I know all of you have the intimate details of the inner-workings of high level contract negotiations from Jets and Mevi$'s agents from such reliable sources as Twitter updates from David Clowney and blogs from Rich Cimini.

I will let you all get back to your well informed, serious and in depth analysis of the evolving Mevi$ situation.

9. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

It's unlikely, but not impossible. They met on Friday, considered a contract over the weekend, and announced a deal wasn't in place. Hard Knocks has an insanely rapid turnaround every season. Secretly reaching a deal and releasing in Wednesday would add MAYBE a day to the time he's out of camp and would boost ratings. Silly? Stupid? Unlikely? Absolutely. Impossible? No.

10. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

11. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I knew you were full of it but I when I got down to that I realized you were just mentally retarded. Your offense is not stacked, sorry. Adding Brandon Marshall to a depleted wr corps doesn't make it stacked.

12. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

This is a good point, except for the fact that Revis will follow the other team's top receiver all around the field. Asomugha can't make that big of an impact because opposing QBs can pretty much ignore his side of the field but still get the ball to their best players. You have to beat a defense with Revis on it by going to your secondary options, which most QBs aren't comfortable doing (especially while being blitzed.)

Your general point that a cornerback can't have the same type of impact on a defense as a nose tackle or middle linebacker is definitely valid. At the same time, though, Revis has a far more dramatic impact than any other cornerback in football.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

14. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Why was the Revis Telethon thread locked... that's classic... this is after all a message board, and this thread merged with 900 other threads is just ridiculous...

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

AGREED.

Guy is putting the TEAM and it's chances in jeapardy with 3 Years on a deal he already held out for... CRAZY!!!!!

Draft another CB and move on.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's not that Asomugha can't make that big of an impact, the team just doesn't really let him. A more creative defensive coach would use him better and possibly the same way the Jets used Revis last year. He might not have the exact level of success, but he'd still be extremely good.

The rest of the post is valid.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Because it was stupid.

And nothing's really going to change in this thread until he signs a contract. Everything is pure speculation. Now, if someone finds a valid source that says he's about to sign or he's definitely going to hold out, or some big breaking news that may bring this hold-out situation to a close, that's worthy of it's own thread.

But if everyone started their own threads on the topic, the board would have the same conversation going in 6 different threads on the main page. What sense does that make? This is much more organized.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Why would we be? After reading what you just wrote one would think you have a team of 1st team all-pros.

And I mean of course our 12 pro bowl position players have nothing on a rookie Dlinemen getting "credit" from a team mate, your soon to be pro bowl 5th round rookie CB, and a CB who thinks that allowing touchdowns is owning the receiver... why would any Jets fan hope of winning the division. Let alone a game to the fins!

You should just start writing in fag, I mean teal.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you don't have any data and haven't presented any. you have hope and optimism, just like every fan of every team that assumes their draft picks are studs, their returning players are all improving to pro bowlers, and the team is getting better from the year before. your attempt to claim it as anything other than that is completely asinine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.