The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

DavidClowney @Revis24 Homeboy Come on back 2 practice so we can win this Super Bowl I'll hook U up wit half my check. Not much but itll hold U down 4 now

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Translation:

DavidClowney @Revis24 Homeboy, stop being greedy as fuck and ruining the chance of our lives. I'll even pay your greedy ass to come back.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Exactly why if he sits out this season he'll never be a Jet again

4. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

your fear and insecurity of not having this player is evident..

I don't blame you for being upset.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

Cimini is talking about it all on espn 1st take right now

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

No, it's just that nobody gives a shit what some Dolphins troll has to say about the Jets or this situation. Go back to finheaven and talk about Rex Ryan is too fat to win a super bowl

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

uh wrong yet again ace of spades. Try worrying about improving your own insipid and idiotic posts and don't try to pretend that you know what other people are thinking.

I never stated this was a big ploy to get ratings for hard knocks. However, if you are clueless enough to think that having HBO cameras all over the place and a primetime reality TV show being filmed isn't adding a dynamic to this shitstorm, then you are even dumber than I thought you were.

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Balance? This is Football, not yoga class.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

WTF? Where is the incentive for the Jets to stall negotiations just so HBO can have an extra storyline? That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think the point early on for Revis was actually to force the Jets to give him the big contract now. I'm guessing, and it's just a guess, that his camp is now probably thinking about damage control and finding a face-saving 1 year fix that will get him into camp without messing with his ability to go back and bargain for the big deal next year.

The Jets are reported to have offered him a 2 million dollar raise for the season, to 3 million overall. That's not going to do it. They have also offered him deals (reported by the media, so not officially acknowledged yet) in which he got 5 to 8 million upfront this year in a much longer term extension.

I'm thinking that maybe a raise to 7 million or so this year might get him into camp, leaving everything else on hold until 2011. If I was the Jets that's what I'd be looking at as the likely solution to the problem. Somebody has to give a little here and since it's more in the Jets interest to have Revis in camp now than in his interest to be there I think the Jets are going to have to give him a face-saving way out and a good salary bump for the year. Then they'll probably have to exercise the option next season and then trade him when there is cost certainty for a couple of years for their trading partner.

11. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

i'll keep that in mind :rofl::rofl::lol:

12. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Take heart Jets fans, since Revis signed a deal for major Hollywood representation this off-season, perhaps he's filming all of this for a reality show which will air during the regular season, you'll be able to catch him on VH1 Sunday nights after the Jets games.

13. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Dude. Go away. Seriously. You're adding nothing to this discussion.

14. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I didn't call you a penis, read my post again - your inability to properly understand the use of capital letters and punctuation is your failing, not mine.

If you think that the Ted Ginn freak is indicative of some form of superiority over the Jets then you're living in a world of delusion. The only way the Dolphins are beating the Jets this season is in a golf match, and that's because they've had considerably more practice.

15. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Cant they not increase it by 30 percent?

16. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

When you start learning how to spell the word "No" I'll consider it. :rofl:

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

30% over his 2009 compensation, not the amount he is contracted for in 2010. Revis had a 4.6 million dollar salary in 2009. Add 30% to that and you get 5.98 million for 2010. Give him a million dollar reporting bonus (gag, but legal) and you're at 7 million for the year and the reporting bonus goes on the cap as pro-rated money and it not affected by the 30% rule. That the Jets are effectively giving Revis his entire previously contracted 2010 salary upfront as a reporting bonus lets him feel like they bent to his demands. Somebody has to be the adults in the room here because the kids are tearing the place up.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ha. You obviously didn't get the David Clowney twitter reference.

19. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Wow I like that alot, that would be an extremely fair offer for both sides and we could handle long term once CBA is known. Nice post

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I agree 100% with this post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.