The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You're acting as if no player in the history of the NFL has asked for a contract extension after a really good year. This happens all the time, and I'm sure the Jets were expecting it.

2. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

LOL trust, very few teams will now. Players are also aware of this fact.

3. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

i was being completely sarcastic, which clearly doesn't translate well in text. i was just summing up some of the tripe i had just read in the previous 70 pages lol.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Ha, my bad. I think I went through your post a little too fast.

5. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

oh well. Perhaps its now time to let Revis sit out, not get paid and abandon his team while the Jets move on to preparing for the season w/o him and engaging in actual constructive contract negotiations w/more reasonable parties. Enjoy the bed you have made for yourself Relle.

6. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I would be prepared to trade Revis for Suh, Best and two firsts in next year's draft.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

other than revis, any other players you know that can confirm this for us?

8. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

You can argue it because even though the he was on an island the Jets brought constant pressure. Always rushing more guys than an offense can block in order to get to the QB. They didn't get a lot of sacks and that is partly due to the fact that QBs were getting rid of the football fast. That allowed Revis to play man to man and be agressive knowing that odds are he won't have to cover that long. Against Miami Ginn made him look foolish when the defensive line was gassed on a deep ball. His talents are solid, but you put him in a scheme where they play more zone, don't rush the passer, don't favor bump and run and Revis becomes just another corner. He is suited for the Jets scheme and I think we are the best fit for him. How many amazing corners change teams and end up not so amazing anymore when they lose their supporting cast.

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Are you serious?

There has never been a holdout in the history of the NFL, it only happens to the Jets right?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

So basically what you're saying is that he would struggle if he played on a shitty defense?

11. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

It's called greed. He doesn't realize there is no "I" in TEAM...so until he signs, I'll refer to him as "MEvis".

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Care to explain?

Edit: Ah, I see, the Rhodes thing. You are a Rhodes fanboy. Now that explains the anger toward Revis.

By the way, I actually said on that board that I hope Rhodes gets it together, while you have done nothing but job Revis' nuts all offseason. Not even comparable.

Meh.

#1912 abyzmul, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  13. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You know they play different positions but this whole situation reeks of Emmit Smith, the guy held out after he was drafted, (turned pro after Jr year) went as far as to enroll back at Florida before the Cowboys gave in. The year after the Cowboys won their 1st SB he held out again wanting more money (and watching the Cowboys give Aikman mucho denaro). This time he missed the 1st two games of the season before the Cowboys finally gave in. In Smith's place a rookie [insert Derrick Lassic] was forced to start in his place and played well but not well enough.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Considering that the Jets have him under contract and essentially have no incentive to trade him that's the kind of haul they'd be looking for

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone want to buy a Revis jersey from me? I know the market value is $80, but this is a special Revis jersey. I know a guy who has one in Oakland he is selling for $100, but this one is just a little bit better than that, so I will sell it to ya for $110. No negotiations. Final offer. Anybody in?

16. Johnny English

I think that the FO could do a lot worse than to start putting out not so quiet invitations as to trade offers, send a message to Revis that if he doesn't accept a sensible offer then he can go and play in Detroit or St Louis where he may well become the league's best paid corner but at the expense of ever actually winning anything.

17. DJphinfan

DJphinfan Member

No disrespect, but If ya'll don't sign this cat, were gonna kick your ass...Twice..

I say that because I have the outmost respect for this player's game....He's the best in the game, and it's not close imo.

This is very good news for me.....keep it up Revis, and don't fold buddy....

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I will offer you 20 dollars......6 of which is guaranteed.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Easy there, Gepetto.....the rest of our team is better than yours too.

20. Johnny English

Cat? "If y'all don't sign this cat"? Back in your box now Shaft, Revis could be playing for your lot and we'd still have a better team than you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.