The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

EDIT_ never mind

2. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Its so crazy how the most celebrated jet has become a villain in a matter of a few months. I've pretty much lost my patience with Revis. Yes its an uncapped year but who cares. Look at Mangold and Harris. They could say the same but no they are TEAM players. The team comes first. But for revis its the cash that comes first. If he continues to hold out into the season i say trade him for some first rounders. A team requires great chemistry and people like Revis dont really fit into what the Jets are trying to do this year especially if hes gonna act selfish and money driven

#1862 grkmanga31, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

What. The. Fuck?

I'll leave the obvious stuff out and just point out that fines apply to training camp only. He loses game checks in the regular season. He'll drop under half a million in previously earned money in fines, which will likely be written off when he signs a new contract anyway.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You can't hold it against Revis for wanting to get paid. This is his chance to strike while the iron is hot. NFL players may only get that chance once. People making it personal are letting their emotions get the best of them.

That said, I'm completely of the belief that his team is making unreasonable demands.

5. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

The more this goes on the more i look forward to seeing what cromartie and wilson can do. I look at Harris and Mangold as model citizens, they are taking one for the team and are the most deserving to get new contracts.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Right. The Revis camp keeps harping on the fact that there's no cap this year. This isn't Madden with a cheat code enabled getting rid of the cap.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You just got trolled, mister.

8. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

It's a good point - in soccer I know of more than one club who have a policy of not dealing with certain agents even if it means not getting a particular player. Clearly you need to be a big enough club to be able to dictate that, but on more than one occasion a player has changed agents because the club has got word to him that they'd be interested in signing him but only if he changes representatives. Also, some players don't actually use agents - a famous example is Paul Scholes, who uses his accountant to negotiate his contracts for the £300 an hour or whatever he bills out at.

I'm aware that there are significant differences between the sports and the way in which contracts are structured, but I think the principle would still hold - in fact in many ways the principle holds stronger, as with only 32 teams to choose from, one or two teams blacklisting a particular agent and refusing to deal with any player who is represented by him makes for some serious impact.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what you mean? They can get him true guaranteed money as evidenced by the Willis deal, but it will go against the cap in future years.

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Bingo. He's got unrealistic expectations and is being poorly advised by uncle fucker and his agent. I think the Jets have made extremely generous offers and have been flexible and willing to talk. On the other side, I see Revis who hasn't moved, won't meet, and is still shooting for the moon. If he doesn't come to Jesus within the next 3-4 weeks, IMO his career is finished

11. abyzmul

The only thing more pathetic than Florio's crusade against the Jets is trying to listen to him sub for someone on a radio show, with his distinct brand of zero personality.

12. kmj6z

kmj6z New Member

Rip up your Revis Jerseys

If you want someone who will actually be here a while, get a Brick, Harris or Mangold or anyone else who cares more about his trade then his pride and doesnt have Lebron-itis

13. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

It is scary that his agents have no clue as to the rules of the CBA if they said just that there is no cap as if that is all that matters.
    Even if there weren't rules in place to restrict front loading contracts why would a team give a player that held out in his rookie year, and now again this year, everything up front.

14. JetsFanatic389

JetsFanatic389 New Member

Seems obvious to me that Revis and his agent purposefully put this organization in the situation they're in now. Why only take $1mil in his 4th year? To be in a better position to force a holdout and ask for more money if he were to play well his first 3 years in the league; after 3 years in the league, he would be in his prime. The 2010-11 salary number was put in by Revis and his agent to put the Jets in a bad light if he were playing exceptional (and if he wasn't he would've had a nice 6 year deal to fall back on).

15. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

haha uncle fucker

madden cheat code nice loll

16. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

I told you guys months ago about Revis and his mgmt and that this was going to happen, nobody believed me. LMAO Oh well, this is what happens when you ride the nuts of an ego-maniac.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

But all signs point to the Revis camp wanting upwards of $30 million in a signing bonus this season just because there's no cap (and the fact that signing bonuses circumvent the 30 percent rule). No owner is going to just give a player that much money up front with no protection on their side no matter who it is. What's to stop him from taking the money and deciding to retire?

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

You also said the Jets should cut him so yea, you're still a clown

19. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Neil Schwartz and Co.. Are in this to get the most Possible $$$ to try to lure other players.... They can't back down now.. REVIS IS THEIR PAWN.

They have Revis, Roddy White and :SHOCK: Vincent Jackson - Another hold out.

If I'm Tanny, I'm LIVID and I never want to deal with Neil Schwartz again in my life... It would take a lot for me to draft one of his players - revis was too good to pass up but, now Tanny has learned....

When we do mocks next March just look up Neil Schwartz and his playas and cross them off your list.

NEVER AGAIN.... Neil Schwartz is a total Hack IMO.. the Kendall situation was another cluster#### of LIES.

20. abyzmul

Maybe, but since you post almost exclusively about how you don't like Revis, nobody really gives a shit what a twerp like that has to say, really.

By the way, I told people months ago that it would be like this as well. It wasn't really an amazing revelation, just not one people wanted to think about.

No one has been on Revis' nuts more than you this offseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.