The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Another thing is obvious as well, this moronic thread was totally unnecessary.

2. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Fail. Signed, D. Brick, Sanchez and Mangold.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yep, another perfect response by Abdul, because there haven't been reports that Mangold is not expecting a new deal until next year. And everyone knows that the first sign of a HOF player is 20 interceptions!

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Tanny/Woody have given guaranteed dollars to free agent upon free agent. Why are we to believe they aren't offering a dime of guaranteed dollars to their best player who they drafted and the fans love? It just doesn't add up to me.

I don't believe these agents, it's always the same story with them.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

Why are you so quick to believe the agents? It's not 3 different sources, it's the agents telling everyone including their clients. These guys run the same game with every player. Tannenbaum has paid free agent after free agent, why wouldn't he offer a dime of guaranteed money to his own best player?

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

How could you possibly believe them? They use the media to try to manipulate people and situations when their negotiation position is eroding. I am pretty certain that Revis is Schwartz's highest profile client by far. Schwartz realizes that his client doesn't have the leverage and he is desperate to try to use whatever he can to sway Woody and Tannenbaum - lying to try and get jets fans pissed at Woody is certainly in the Schwartz repertoire when he is this desperate.

The fact is that Schwartz needs this deal more than the Jets do. If this falls apart on him and his highest profile client dumps his ass, he will be screwed.

7. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

The organization is saying: we have cash for Gholston but not for Revis.

8. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Dude bottom line Schwartz is a piece a shit. And fuck uncle gilber, damn Revis getting bad advice day after day

9. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

If Revis doesn't play this year and the Jets don't make the playoffs, can the Jets sue Al Davis for damages?

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

when did you hear the jets say this?

11. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they did. He was supposedly offered 100 mil with only 5 mil fully guaranteed, which he found insulting, and that was what sparked him to hold out. But I have no doubt that the idea of a stopgap contract was floated and they must have offered him some money upfront, which makes perfect sense for both sides. The fact that common ground looks "impossible" to reach is a pretty clear sign that his agent isn't even trying. It sounds to me like he's going for all or nothing.

12. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Also don't take what Woody Johnson to heavy. I think he's trying to send a message to Revis. That the Jets will not pay him that much. Revis thought he had the Jets under his control and knew the Jets would eventually give in, but the table has turned. Now the Jets have Revis under their control and are going to wait for him to give in

And to be honest I think Revis will eventually give in.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Do you know anything?

14. WhiteShoeWillis

Tannenbaums empty promises mysteriously only happen to players represented by these agents. They must have some bad luck.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

This shit is just so frustrating tho cuz if stupid al davis didnt give nande that much money this would be no problem. But that guys an idiot.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

And here we are. Regardless of what actually happened, there's a lesson here that Tannenbaum didn't learn which is hurting the team. It's been pretty widely reported that he approached Schwartz et al. about renegotiating the deal, and now Revis is holding out and threatening to go for the year. This isn't helping.

Yea, that needed to be said twice, almost word-for-word in consecutive posts.

#1796 CatoTheElder, Aug 10, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis didnt say he wouldnt play during the season. he probably is dying to play, we will see tho

18. WhiteShoeWillis

I agree that he shouldn't have opened up negotiations, but that doesn't mean that Tannenbaum is the one in the wrong here. These guys are the ones with the pattern. Look at their clients - they all hold out - not just with the Jets. I guess they run into all the cheap, lying GM's. It must be rough for them.

Give it a rest. I made a general comment after reading some posts, then saw yours responding directly to me. Rather than respond with a useless, patronizing comment maybe you could address the actual subject matter.

19. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Yeah: Revis was due to make $1 M this season, which is less than 7 other DB's on the team.

And: Revis' agent said Tannenbaum's past 2 offers have been "insulting," with little to nothing guaranteed. Tannenbaum has done nothing to refute this.

And: the Knicks are a fu-king joke.

Do you know anything?

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It really is unfair to bash Woody here.

The cut off out of everyone in the league that plays CB and Nande's salary is a joke. Why would Woody and Tanny pay more than 15 million per when Al Davis gave such a ludicrous contract.

No one would give that money to Revis...The Jets offered him $100 million but not the amount he wanted guaranteed...But they were ready to give him a good signing bonus.

Its just these agents...They want the Jets to crack. Revis has a 3 year commitment still...He is the one that will need to step in and say ok to a contract if he wants playing time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.