The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

"The Jets still have not given us a proposal with one penny in it that's fully guaranteed,"

This is a load of shit.

2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Is this just that Woody doesn't want to open up his pocketbook? I assume that all of this guaranteed money just means Woody would have pay for it, not the fact that it would actually hurt the teams cap space. I really am having trouble following this.

3. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Sorry, the article was just posted at 12:01 this morning. I hadn't seen it anywhere in the last couple of pages.

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

FULLY guaranteed means against both injury and skill. The Jets cannot give more fully guaranteed money than the amount of money they were under the 2009 salary cap (which is only $300k). That is the only reason why. Brick had 0 fully guaranteed dollars in his new deal, is he complaining?

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

This is a new article, so obviously no chance for a Woody response, but if this is true, he's being fucking cheap. Just like his talk.

6. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

They can't fully guarantee his money unless they give him a huge signing bonus, and dishing out tens of millions of dollars upfront would be a colossal mistake by Woody.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Apparently he's ok with the company cutting his healthcare policy.

8. CatoTheElder

And why would that be?

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

because nix mangled and chris jinkuns are more an important than revus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I'm just a little pissed off that guys like Tanny and Woody call him the "Derek Jeter of the NY Jets" and that guys like you and I are expected to pony up for PSL's, be told where to park in the parking lot, and pay up to 100 bucks a seat (to move up two levels, in my case) and then read disheartening shit like this. We finally have all the pieces coming together and then something like this pops up? "Something"--whatever that may be--always seems to pop up. Guys can sugarcoat this as much as they want, we need this guy in camp within the next week to 10 days, TOPS.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Of course he would outright lie. He's an agent. Believe NOTHING that you read about this. If Schwartz wants to make a reasonable demand he should make a reasonable demand. The rest of this is all BS and posturing. If Schwartz wants his client to not play football for 3 yrs and not get paid - he should by all means keep up his stupid comments. How many clients is Schwartz going to have after Darelle winds up not getting paid and sitting at home?

12. CatoTheElder

Don't forget about Shonn Greene.

It's so much more difficult to replace 1 out of 4 RBs than it is to replace the only true shutdown CB on the roster.

13. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You say tomah-to, I say Tomay-to. It's worth every penny in my eyes. The guy's a fucking billionaire, there's no cap here. We win the whole fucking thing (A REAL POSSIBILTY) and the guy's going to make a ton of cash. Pay him.

14. CatoTheElder

There is literally nothing incorrect about this statement. This is the most intelligent post in the last thirty three minutes of this day. I also just got done sticking my head in the oven.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

chone grean is going to rush for 2000 yards this season...then we'll see who's more important!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Richiebsweet

Richiebsweet Active Member

My Offer to Revis Island Would Be.......

If I was in the GM's position right now, my offer to Revis Island would be a 10 year 130 Million dollar deal with 80 million guaranteed with the escalators for making the pro-bowl and interceptions. Every owner and GM is afraid of what will happen with the CBA next season but one thing is obvious, Darrelle Revis is the best corner in the NFL. Pay him a contract that he won't have any reason to reject with the language, period. Mark Sanchez may be the leader and face of the team but Revis is the engine that will propel the JETS to where they want to ultimately go.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Nobody gives a fuck. Have a nice night...

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

Stupid comments are one thing, outward lies are another. I believe him when he says there's no guaranteed cash.

19. CatoTheElder

Yea, this really needed it's own thread. Thank you so much for that. Is there any way I can spend more of my life on your opinions? Perhaps a book or a weekly newsletter?

20. 624

624 Banned

In before the Merge to Revis thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.