The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Call me crazy but for whatever reason I am not freaking out over this. If Revis wants to sit home and watch this defense dominate from his house whatever.

I am confident in Cromartie. Wilson has huge upside, and Lowery isn't bad. This team is to loaded. Revis has a chance to be apart of something special.

Bottom line it would be very tought to resign Harris, Mangold, Dbrick (ya i know we locked him up) and Revis. Mangold and Harris aren't bitchin.

2. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

Exactly... This fucker will hold out and lose the tons of fans he has gained and after he gets paid he doesnt need to do shit and he will fade out of the league... He can fuck himself

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah but they aren't very happy either.

4. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Any chance we can trade him now to a team that WILL give him this ridiculous contract he wants and get some immediate help in return? Redskins?

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The only team that would pay him what he wants already has Aso.

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Gilbert's been mentioned in this thread already. Revis's uncle played with Washington in '96, sat out in '97, and moved on to Carolina for '98.

White started at one of the Washington cornerback spots in Super Bowl 17. He sat out the entire 1983 season due to a contract dispute. He never played in the NFL again. I am not aware of what happened with him in 1984. Maybe he played in the USFL that year or maybe he opted to retire.

Merriweather was an All-Pro linebacker with the Steelers and then sat out the 1988 season. He resurfaced with Minnesota in 1989. He would finish his career in 1993. He played in one regular season game with the Jets and then was with the Packers in the playoffs.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The tenor of Woody's latest comments suggests to me that he's digging in for a long contract battle. Unfortunately Revis is not tradeable at the moment, because nobody is going to acquire a holdout player without some assurance they can sign him and nobody is going to be prepared to meet his terms. So this will stretch out for at least the first quarter of the season waiting for something to happen.

It might be better at the moment if the Jets let Revis agents start working on a trade. That would be the quickest way to highlight the fact that Revis demands are from the twilight zone, since his agents would quickly find that nobody was going to give the Jets adequate compensation without some assurance they could sign him and nobody was willing to take his contract suggestions seriously.

8. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Revis is going to be the central character of Hard Knocks without ever being there.
    Like Lost's Jacob for so many seasons.
    And we all know how that ended.
    Lost passed Jacob by, for better or worse.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Amazing how the fanbase turns on Revis so fast. Here are the facts:

1.) There is nothing confirmed that Revis wants Aso money or he told the Jets to "Fuck off" till he gets it.

2.) No one really know the Jets offer, what it consisted of or how it was structured.

All we know is, they are at an impasse. Revis is doing the only thing he can do as are the Jets. They are both negotiating. No one can make an informed decision who is the asshole at this point, unless someone has the real facts.

Correct me if I am wrong but Revis, his handlers and Jets management are the only ones in that position so far. All the other pundits are full of shit at this point.

#1589 Miamipuck, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  10. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

Imagine if he holds out the entire season, then signs on with the Pats or Fins next year. Would a player ever get booed more than Revis, when he returns to the Meadowlands?

I understood him at the beginning, but at this point--fuck him. The guy's made 15 million dollars and he held out to get this contract. When you sign a god damn contract, you're not just giving your word, you are entering a legal deal. You ever see an MLB player hold out? Or an NBAer? I have zero sympathy for these me-first millionaires. Mangold, Harris-they want new deals, but they put the team first. Revis is a selfish fucker. (That is, until he signs a deal with the Jets. Then I'll love him again.)

11. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

The Saints got it done with Jabari Greer and Tracy Porter, two very good (not great) CBs.

It's not wise to sink all your money into one great CB; better to spread it around to competent corners.

Unfortunately, last year, we had no competent corner outside of Revis, so his value was greatly exaggerated.

I said it somewhere else last year, but I'd rather have New Orleans' secondary than ours.

Good thing we have two very competent Corners in Kyle and Cromartie this year(we had freaking Lowery play 2nd Corner in the Colts game. DWIGHT FREAKING LOWERY).

I'm not worried about having Revis at all. The scheme will change that won't be so CB focused. It's not a problem.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We did hear Revis say he'd be happy with 50 cents more than Aso, so I have to believe that's what they're shooting for.

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I don't disagree with that. If the Jets really think Revis is willing to sit out the season to get this obscene contract, maybe they should tell him to look for a trade. If someone is willing to pay enough in terms of money and draft picks/players, then maybe we should make the move.

More likely, he'll find out that he's not making that much basically anywhere, and then we have even more leverage.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah but that was in public. We all know what is said in private is totally different. He could be asking for a lot more.

My point, is that the Jets maybe playing hardball. Maybe they gave him an offer that would make him a highly compensated #2 in between the outlying contract and Hayden...............Just saying nobody really knows jack.

This fuck Revis, let him rot stuff is a little silly. Just the same as someone saying the Jets should give Revis the combo to their vault......

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup.

Let him sit home. Miss a year, and then think about how he gets past 1 year @ 1 Mil.

He Can't. And If he tries to screw the team by s#!tting on their Bowl or Bust season, and then sits out...the team has nothing to gain by ever giving in.

If he never plays again...so be it.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I say pay him. Within reason.....

But..the track record of the two closest people to him (Gilbert,Law) does not speak well of getting something reasonable done.

I say...If he spurns a legit offer and sits out, the Jets should publicly commit to never renegotiating and making him play out his year at 1 mil, and then franchising him twice, and saying so up front.

He won't like it, but it makes every year a contract year where he needs to perform.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Guaranteed money is the main sticking point, and that has been confirmed by both sides. I'm not saying I know what's going on, but it's obvious that Revis wants at least the same amount of guaranteed money that Aso got, which is around $30 million.

18. jaybo1015

jaybo1015 New Member

i just want to say fuck you to Jon Feinsod and Neil Schwartz, fuckin jew bastards filling 24s head with bullshit god dammit get the kid his money but fuck these two assholes

19. skipper

skipper Member

We also know that the people who are negotiating for him are the same ones that negotiated for Kendall and Baker. How did those deals work out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.