The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think at best center is at 4 and maybe at worst it's 6 or 7. In the past two years I have seen serious football analysts, coaches and ex-players swear that centers are more important that left tackles.
    However, I fully understand Miamipuck's point on the issue.

2. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The situation....

Ok all, I'm tired of reading/weeding through a 78 page thread...so having said that, this is a NEW thread about current developments.

Ok...I'm going to state this right now. Revis can take a flying jump in a piranha infested lake if he thinks he is worth more than $11mill per year. I don't give a flying rats ass what Aso got in Oakland, and, if his agents are using that as their barometer for his contract then they are smoking wampum right along with him. Every fan, including Oakland fans, think Al Davis is an idiot and everyone else in the league KNOWS it. Plain and simple.

If the N.Y. Jets do a dumb ass contract in that stratosphere then they are setting, not only a dangerous precedence for themselves, but the league as well. Any team in the league can point to Al Davis as being crazy and an idiot and dismiss demands from players who use his contracts as launching points. The N.Y. Jets do this and they screw every team in the league when it comes to their best players. Can you see what Tom Brady and Peyton Manning ask for if they do up a dumb ass $15 mill per contract for a player that touches the ball maybe 15% of a game? Woody Johnson and the entire front office would be blacklisted.

Revis is in a BAD position...very bad. If he sits out this year and there is, most likely, a lockout next year that is TWO years of no football. And after that he STILL owes us a year! Make that THREE years out of football. This is a NO win situation for him...period.

Personally, while he is immensely talented, no one man is above the team. And the last time I checked no ONE man is going to win the Super Bowl all by himself. Even with Revis out of the picture this team still has the look of a team that can go deep in the playoffs. All you people whimpering to just "Pay Him" in 3 years will be bitching we can't sign some other player or that because Revis' contract is screwing us up. I can't say it any plainer than that.

He held out for the Rookie contract he has...and now he wants to hold out for this new contract. I don't give a crap WHO approached who about re-doing a deal. I think the Jets offering $10 mill per year is MORE than generous. And to have this go down in an economy where people are scratching to put ramen on the table...as opposed to the fillet mignon he puts on his is in incredibly bad form. You won't find me crying for him... Boo freakin' hoo...he can park his butt in his house for the next 2 years for all I care.

He will REALLY be kicking his own ass if the Jets DO go to the Super Bowl and win it and he's sitting in casa del Revis with his agents winky up his butt. But that's the price you pay...no ring for Revis. I say let him sit. Put your love behind the guys we have left.

Peace!

The Mezz

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

or it's not lol

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

We have been blessed.

5. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Screw this...I don't want to read through 79 flipping pages for feedback...I'm out.

6. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Fuck revis let him sit for 3 years and see how much he gets then after being 3 years away from football

7. jacktucky

jacktucky Member

Heh, my two teams also. What a shitty day.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

If Revis sits this year out, it'll be tough to see him ever play for this team again.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

oh, no, you're leaving the thread? no! wait! please come back! what will we ever do without you?!?

10. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Why isnt Revis in camp??? Doesnt he still have 3 years left on his contract???

::sarcasm::

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Then learn how to navigate a thread. You don't have to go through each page. You can jump to the last page.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You really only have to read the last page, right?

These are the options I use, and I think they make it much easier to follow threads, especially huge ones:
    Thread Display Mode: Linear - Newest First
    This makes the first page the newest posts.

Number of Posts Per Page: 40

I understand this is a cumbersome thread but if we allowed every person who thought their thoughts on the matter deserved it's own thread we'd have 10 threads on the main page all discussing the same thing.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Not to belabor because this is an interesting topic that should not be embedded in a 5000+ post Revis thread.

Here is something to think about:

I think there are more starting undrafted/lower QB's than there are undrafted/lower round LT's.

While this in and of itself doesn't really say the outright value of a particular position, it does say where the NFL values a premium athlete in the draft.

The only knock I can come up with for this methodology is that it may just say, LT's are easier to project than other positions and be a safer pick/gamble/bet..........

That said the NFL does put a premium here, imo more so than any other position.

14. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

What? Revis hasn't signed a deal yet?? Shocking!! I would have never expected this. [sarcasm]

15. Penning10toColes

Penning10toColes Active Member

This is like the Iran Hostage Crisis of the NY Jets. I just want it to end...and fuck Al Davis for fucking all of us by giving Nnamdi so much money. And Revis should really realize the Oakland deal is the great exception, and stop this bullshit. If he doesn't, I have no problem proceeding without him. Makes the Kyle Wilson pick all the more clutch, we still have a quality secondary and a great defense.

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

If this guy is a hold out week 1 trade his fucking ass...

He's clearly only interested in himself...I'm disgusted w this guy already

17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think Bobby Hebert is the only player to sit out a full year over a contract dispute and then return to the same team.
    Sean Gilbert, Jeris White, and Mike Merriweather all sat out full seasons and never returned to their prior team.

18. What a punch in the stomach.The fans of this franchise cannot catch a break

19. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

you said it man. you said it.

this Revis holdout is just not going to end. Woody is saying he won't start the season. Woody is usually pretty positive.

20. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Who????????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.