The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you take things far too personally.

Revis is deserved more money than he is making, and is trying to get it. no big deal.

2. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

He's signed now! He just does not show up to work! I will always think of Revis a selfish player from here on out! 2 holdouts is too many one I can forgive but this guy has a contract he held out to sign already.

3. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

DING DING DING!!!! That and he's under contract for 3 more years (if you include this upcoming season)... Don't understand what the disconnect is...

Say it with me people - "Breach of Contract"

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

The fact that Chris Johnson, who actually hands down had the best season for a Running Back EVER, can take a $2.5 million pay increase for one year and play, and then Darrelle Mevi$ can't take a $5 million pay increase for one year and play, and he didn't have the hands down best season for a Cornerback ever, is beyond me.

Revis was reportedly offered to be paid around $5 million for this season to get him to get to camp and play in 2010 and discuss a long term deal later. How that amount of money isn't good for Revis, yet less than that is good for Chris Johnson is beyond me.

He is a selfish, self centered asshole who the Jets CAN win without. Rex Ryan won many a games in Baltimore without a Darrelle Revis at Cornerback.

He's guaranteed $21 million over the next 3 years, and has made an additional $15 million already on top of that. If that is not enough to feed his family before his next big deal, than I don't know what it is. Ridiculous.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Woody Speaks on Revis

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/...is-far-apart-on-contract/?partner=rss&emc=rss

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The problem is he isn't being underpaid, he's already made 16 million off his rookie deal. He signed that contract and knew what he was going to get paid this year. Woody and Mike T didn't sign it he did. Is he worth more then a million? Absolutely but the Jets are willing to give him more then that but not 16 million like he wants.

7. JetBlue

maybe Kyle Wilson will be very good, he and Cromartie will be a dangerous tandem, and the Jets D, while not as good from an individual player standpoint is actually better as a unit than last year despite Revis' absence, the Jets win a Super Bowl without him, and they ship him off in a Herschel Walker type deal.

I think this D is going to be good enough to win with or without him, so if he wants to hold out let him.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

He was offered a $100 million + deal, but I'm sure it's a deal just like Brick's.

Even if 40 of that is guaranteed I think he should take it. But with the rules in place this year with the lack of a CBA, is that even possible? Also due to the reallocation rule? According to that rule guaranteed money falls under the 09 cap, which the Jets had $300,000 of cap space.

Nearly impossible.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

What a horrible post...

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

There has been a New World Order of stupidity since the Revis shit began. Good to see you posting.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Great post. I remember back when this whole dispute began I was like practically the only one on this board that said DO NOT PAY HIM. Everyone else was like pay him pay him. To a casual fan its easy to say pay him and side with him, but for people who actually research in depth stuff, paying him the money he excpects would actually hurt us a lot more than tha not paying him at all.

12. JetBlue

so you, like, research in depth stuff. that's like, deep, you know.

13. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

I never thought about it like that until I read this post, but that fine could end up being rather substantial. Some quick math - if he holds out throughout training camp until the first game, that would cost him $672,000. Not sure how much 2/3 of a million bucks matters to Revis, but I've never seen it written out like that. And, at the very least, it looks like it would provide even more motivation to get Revis back to camp.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Like no way, dude!

I can totally see you researching that shit in depth, broseph. Totes Magotes.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Every time I like, read your post stuff, I think to myself THERE IS NO WAY THIS GUY HAS NOT FALLEN OUT OF A TREE ONTO HIS HEAD and stuff. Like.

16. Laszlo Kovacs

Laszlo Kovacs Active Member

So if he holds out past Aug 10 and doesn't get a new deal then he will make 1 million this season (if he shows up) and 1 million next season. But if there is a lockout next season, he will make a maximum of 2 millions in 3 years unless he gets a new contract. Am I right?

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yup. He'd be really rich and look great in a Raiders jersey.

And with consecutive top 5 and 36ths...we'd be a kick ass D

18. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

training camp has a way of bringing sides together. The Jets will do everything they can. It's really up to Revis. Hopefully he will start to long for training camp and start arguing with his obviously idiotic representation.

19. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

1. Why should there be any problem with anyone wearing a Jason Taylor jersey?

2. So Woody Johnson deserves pocket the cash and leave the best CB in the leave making less than 4 guys at his own position? OK, sure....Woody really earned his stripes on the gridiron....he should sit on the extra 14 million, Darelle has no claim to the money he'll surely earn that old white plug.

20. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Whathafug???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.