The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

Oh, geez I've been way off for a while now. Ty

2. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Dunta Robinson is 57.8 Mil over 6 yrs with 25.5 guaranteed

Asante Samuel has been averaging about 9.5 mil from 08' thru this season.

Champ Bailey is entering the final year of of a 63 mil 7 year contract. so thats about 9 mil a year.

Charles Woodson is 34 this year and due 20 million over the next 3 years and pushing for a restructure.

thats just a few names.

so staying ahead of the skyrocketing market something to the tune of averaging 12 mil a year through cap and bonus sounds more than fair to both sides.

we'll see.

as usual the ridiculous pay the man at the cost of further developing the roster chants are idiotic. not to mention the let him sit remarks.

point in case this team is as good as it can get for now with revis.

counterpoint: if he becomes Uncle Gilberts incarnate than he can be shipped for multiple picks if he makes this a nightmare for both sides. and at that point Rex is good enough to continue building through players or picks IMO. (obviously worst case scenario)

now for the reality: TC just started i wouldnt worry until preseason is rolling around and theres no progress.

#442 Coach K, Aug 2, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Anyone know what Joe Haden makes this year? $50 mil over 5 years.

4. MadBacker Prime

$26 million guaranteed, and a $12 million signing bonus.

I know that much, I don't know the cap hits though.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If he's getting $26 million guaranteed, Revis is going to want at least $35 million with his new contract.

6. MadBacker Prime

That was talked about on ESPN, this just fuels Revis' fire more. If a guy who has yet to play 1 down in the NFL is basically getting 10 million a year including the incentives then how is Revis not worth much more?

That deal almost hurts as much as the Aso deal because he's a rookie.

Aso's total deal put him at 45 million, so it total dollars, Haden is the highest paid CB right now. lol

7. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I would rather wear a Jason Taylor jersey than I would a Revis. How things have changes from just a couple months ago.

8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

True but he has to play in Cleveland. If you back out the $2 mil per year that he should get just for having to play for the Mangenius in Cleveland his contract is worth $8 mil per year.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Holy living fuck. Are you kidding me?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

quite possibly the worst thing a jets fan could ever say

11. NYJetsMan7

NYJetsMan7 Member

Man ..check the ego ...get to camp with your team and show you are willing to work through something. Just makes me sick with 3 yrs left on ur contract over 1 great year he has got to pull this shit.

There goes $16,000 out of his pocket of that one million ..haha

Im sure something will be worked out ..probably a band aid scenario.

12. MadBacker Prime

[​IMG]

13. ........

........ Trolls

Once again, this is 90% his agent. These guys leave the financial decisions and advice up to their representation. He's doing what he's been TOLD is in his best interest in the long run. I was expecting the negativity, but a comment like this one is absurd.

14. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Yeah man that made me cringe just reading it. I support the guy but I'll never wear a Taylor jersey.

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

With Rex's system, a hole at CB is going to be more of a need than any other position on the defense if both exist.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

+1. Fans have to stop hating right now. Rex isn't pissed, I'm not pissed.

17. ........

........ Trolls

Still think he shouldn't be over the top with the "Happy to be here" when he returns? :smile:

Sometimes, part of the game is appeasing the sandy vag crew.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

wow dude.......you should probably jump in a campfire.

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

He'll be signed in some form or fashion sooner or later and all these comments about him being a traitor, greedy, etc. will look ridiculous. This isn't going to be some huge groundbreaking holdout. Everyone will forget about it once he's on the field shutting down #1's. Hell, most people needed to be reminded about his rookie holdout.

There's no one on this board that is privy to the behind the scenes discussions between the two sides. So it is crazy to make comments about how Woody is cheap, Revis is greedy, or how you could fix this mess easily if you were the GM. I know for a fact that if I were the GM we'd be worse than most high school teams and the team would be bankrupt.

20. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Fans need to get off his dick as well. I could almost guarantee 90% of Jets fans side with Revis in this dispute. To most fans, who might not follow the nfl as closely as we do, it looks like he is getting the shaft. He was our best player last year, yet he is making less than almost any other starting player on the team. He was 2nd in voting for defensive player of the year, yet we bring in LT and JT and pay them each a few million for the year while only paying Revis 1 million. To the casual observer Revis deserves to be the highest paid CB in the nfl... they don't think about things like how crazy Al Davis is or how much extra it costs to get great players to play for shitty teams.

Revis' stock might never be higher than it is right now, so he's doing everything he can to maximize his earnings... it's as simple as that. It's a shame there are so many factors here that give Revis the upper hand with the media and most fans.

He's one of the best, but the "just pay the man" argument is just straight ignorance in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.