The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeleton_frames

Source?

LOL. If Woody won't pay Revis, who's done everything right through last season, why would he pay Revis?

2. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

False info, ban this ass clown.

3. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Link please. This better not be a joke or rather it better be but....

4. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

False info, my buddy played a joke on me, hes a pussy, sorry to give all heart attacks for a second

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

EDIT: Read that after I posted the explosion.

6. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Your friend played a joke on you, so you typed it out in newspaper/article format and posted it on a Jets board?

7. Vilmalover51

not real news, he wrote it himself trying to freak me out

8. Vilmalover51

na, he did, i just copied and pasted it

9. CatoTheElder

Nothing personal, but that one deserved a ban.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I hate this argument that because they basically destroy they're bodies for your entertainment they deserve millions on millions. Do they deserve money? yes, do they deserve millions? yeah, they're the product then yes. But when you go to they're destroying their bodies for your entertainment? That's an argument i don't give a hoot for.
    On average 28 Coal miners in the US die each year just so you can run your Computer and Airconditioning, many more are crippled each year. They dont' make millions,
    Every year 165 Police officers die each year so that you can feel safe on the streets, many others are crippled. They don't make millions.
    Every year 110 fire fighters die protecting peoples property, many others are injured or crippled. They don't make millions.
    Every year over 100 construction workers die, and many more crippled so you can have a place to work or watch a ball game. They don't make millions.
    In the Ford plant where I live there are an average of 6 deaths a year and several crippeling accidents a year, they don't make millions.
    The men and women in our military risk life and limb every day, even in peace time, they dont' make millions. (even though they're one group who deserves to)

Well you get the point, lots of people cripple and die to provide a service to us. If you want to argue that NFL players deserve 10's of millions because they deserve a share of the profits since they are the product the NFL sells, then I'll go along with that. But if your going to sell the argument that they deserve 10's of millions because they risk injury or are destroying their bodies playing a game they've played for free all the rest of their previous lifes? Puhlease. I know lots of people who play football recreationally, I've yet to meet someone to digs coal recreationally.

11. Vilmalover51

come on, i was duked, no banning if i corrected myself within 5 mintues

12. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I think a lot has to be said for Rex's ability to craft the most average of players and make them stars , not saying revis fits this at all. But if this turns ugly , real ugly then the Jets will get calls as they did with Kewyshawn.

Revis is an excellent player and I hope he stays forever but I have this feeling its going to get nasty quick.

13. skeleton_frames

Interesting quotes from a CBS story...

14. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

umm say what? did you mean Haynesworth?

15. skeleton_frames

Yes. Glad to see you still managed to understand the gist of it though. And that part of this thread has already been debunked anyways.

16. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Bye Bye for fake news.

To keep busy, talk a walk down Mantoloking, stop in at MRB and have a beer. Great burgers to. Wave to Kurt for me...

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Good thing we drafted Wilson, eh?

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Shit, I just watched ESPN and they are talking Revis, and they showed a highlight reel.

He manhandled TO and Ocho, and blanketed everyone like he was glued to them. It's easy to forget what he actually does during the offseason.

PAY HIM!!! lol

19. CatoTheElder

Watching coal miners, police officers(aside from shows like COPS), firefighters(Rescue Me doesn't count), construction workers, auto-factory workers, or even the military do their day-to-day jobs isn't a multi-million dollar business. Now you just proved that you have basically no sense of perspective. Nice job.

The NFL is a multi-million dollar business. These players tear themselves up every day of the season so you can spend 3 hours of your day screaming that they are not trying hard enough. The owners are raking in Billions on an annual basis off of this. The players deserve a bigger share.

Yea, it sucks that the jobs you mentioned carry a shit-ton of inherent danger without proper compensation but public service jobs such as the military, police force, and firefighters aren't established as for-profit industries.

Coal miners and auto workers suffer a hard lot but seeing as though everyone and their brother wouldn't kill to get a job digging carbon out of the hills of West Virginia or work around heavy machinery and sparks all day, they're at a bargaining disadvantage regardless of how well their unions can operate.

We're not here to discuss the value of NFL players' salaries vis-a-vis dangerous manual labor and public service. We're here talking about Darrelle Revis' contract and value to the team vis-a-vis the work he has put into honing his game and the production he has accomplished on the field. If you want to talk about how much he's worth vs. other players at his position , I'm all ears.

If you want to throw quasi-Marxist arguments about the plight of the working man in the United States, shut the fuck up, find the appropriate message board for those topics, and stop throwing straw-man arguments into this discussion.

20. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how could anyone have even remotely believed this. what, because it says CORTLAND, N.Y. everyone who even remotely fell for it should be banned right along with this dipshit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.