The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

And the best part is that the correction was put up about 10 minutes before you posted the first one. Nice try, fucking troll.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

Rex coming up live.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

rex ryan live on espn, and newyorkjets.com

4. CatoTheElder

"I don't want to be what keeps this team back. I want to be even with most guys...not Belichick, but most guys."

I. Love. Rex.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

From his recent pressers/interviews there are alot less jokes. He's dead serious, and focused as hell this year.

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Let him sit out! I'm so sick of him crying that he is getting only $1M this year. What about the huge signing bonus he got before he played a down for the jets? He signed a contract and has 3 years left on it. By constantly making reference to his 2010 salary and never mentioning his signing bonus and what he has coming in 2011 and 2012 with the jets, he acts like some kind of victim. I hope the jets show some balls and give him a week to take their latest offer or else move him to Raiders or Lions.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

rex "obviously revis is a great player, i want him here, love to get him here, and if he signs a contract 1 day before a game hes starting. it's a hell of alot easier if revis is out there, but we got guys ready right now"

8. skeleton_frames

Right before the Rex conference Jason La Canafora summed up the Revis issue nicely. He did say that the Revis camp is no longer talking about Aso money and that they were looking for 3 yrs around 30 million with a lot guaranteed. He also said that Revis feels like the Jets started this conversation with him, they brought it up, he's just looking for them to follow through. I don't think this is as divisive as it initially seemed.

9. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Jets finally have a real good team and Revis wants to ruin it by taking all the money and filling up the whole cap with his salary. Someone should ask him about that, big team guy.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread

You guys are nuts saying let him sit out...

The Jets need Revis. Bottom line.

11. CatoTheElder

Of course he's talking about money, it's his fucking job. This isn't high school anymore. This isn't college anymore. This is their 9-5.

12. skeleton_frames

Totally disagree. From what I've heard from various reports, the Jets approached Revis after the season, saying 'we're going to take care of you.' And it would appear he's backed off the whole Aso money thing, he just wants to be paid like an elite player.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I just posted this but here it is again-

In 2008 the NY Jets with Revis had the 29th ranked pass defense, that means only 3 teams were worse.
    In 2008 the Ravens without Revis were the 2nd ranked pass defense, that means only 1 team was better. (Pittsburgh)

The Ravens starting secondary was LCB-Fabian Washington/Chris McAlister, RCB-Samari Rolle, Frank Walker, SS-Jim Leonhard, FS- Ed Reed.

That year their CB's combined for 8 INT', and 41 PD's. Rex designes his system around his players. Obviously having Revis would make things much easier but Rex could honestly do it without him.

Rex designed last years defense to get the QB to throw at Revis, that's why he had 31 PD's. In 2008 Darrelle only had 16. With the athletic depth we have in the secondary Rex could no doubt keep us at number 1.

14. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

if thats true then Woody needs to suck it up, and give him a record amount of guaranteed money.

I'm sure if Revis was offered a 4-5year with 10-12 a year with half of it guaranteed he will just get his ass to TC.

Everyone is getting a bad rep in this situation, but we all know if Revis gets paid he is good for it, and will play hard.

15. skeleton_frames

Interesting. Rex said something to that effect in that conference he just had. He said that if Revis gets a deal done the day before the first game he's still starting, but that he felt that they had a great defence and he expected to have a great D no matter who was on the field, it just would be a hell of a lot easier if Revis were there.

16. Ted

Ted Member

Revis wants to be paid as the best defensive player in the NFL and you can't blame him. Rex proclaimed him that in 2009, which Revis was, so now they have to pony up. I don't see this being a long hold out because the Jets will come to their senses and pay him what he wants, which is a penny more then Aso.

17. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

That's interesting. My knowledge of the behind the scenes stuff is rather limited, but if he's looking for 3 / $30 why would we look to offer him 5/ $60 with $25 guaranteed.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Didn't he reject a 10-year $100 million offer? Isn't 3 years at $30 million just $10 million a year anyway? Does he was 75% of the contract guaranteed or something?

19. CatoTheElder

The problem with that is that Ryan's defense in Baltimore was built inverse to the talent diffusion on the Jets. The best players on the Ravens were in the front seven. Ray Lewis is a future HOF, Terrell Suggs is making a case for his name to follow(probably won't happen), Haloti Ngata, two years into his career, was one of hte best 3-4 DLine in the league by that point. Most of the Jets' talent right now is in the defensive backfield.

Ryan cannot pull off the 2008 Ravens defense with this LB corps. David Harris and Calvin Pace are great but they cannot get at the QB like Lewis and Suggs can/did.

Ryan tailored this defense with a premium on the #1 CB being able to take the opponent's #1 WR out of the game completely and allow the secondary to free up a safety to act as a pass-rusher. Without Revis, Rex doesn't have that defense.

Cromartie is an amazing talent, but even in his best years under Wade Phillips' defense, he could not do what Revis did. Wilson may turn out to be the best CB prospect to come out of the draft, but he's only a rookie and putting him in that roll in his first season will get him killed.

As for the 2008 defense, do you remember the secondary?

1stCB: Darrelle Revis
    2ndCB: A guy who just got bumped to FS because he's too slow
    FS: Sherry
    SS: Abram Elam

Not exactly an all-star roster there. Lowery and Elam both put up Herculean efforts but the production just wasn't first rate. Sherry was asked to play single-high, hated it, and stopped giving a shit.

20. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

3 for 30 would be great, friggin do it.

Give him a 20 mill signing bonus or whatever the max is and make the rest incentive based.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.