17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Not so. Incorrect. Negative. Negatory. Misleading. Wrong information.

I didn't switch seats, I added 4 more. They wouldn't have mailed me (nor have they mailed me) "wrong" tickets, since I've had the first batch since June 16, 2009 and they are the "right" tickets. Then I added 4 more in addition to those.

So maybe this email is for the 2nd batch? Or maybe this email is for tickets recently purchased? Or maybe ROJF doesn't know WTF he's talking about?

2. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

This email has nothing to do with your email. You never switched seats. This is email for people who last minute switched seats. I did not last minute switch seats. But a lot of people did musical chairs in last two weeks and they need to go through this bs.

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

umm 227 did switch seats he left the pepsi corner b/c u knew where he sat

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I turned down ud seats. Guy in seat behind me said Jets may fire sale ud seats mid August. I will roll dice and see if I want a second pair when they are on sale. I would have bought rows 1-4 UD prime in a second up there but never offered the golden UD seats. Maybe the dunkin donuts story would have helped.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I know where everyone is sitting. I have access to the seating chart. I am a PSL rep remember.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Correct. I switched seats just a few weeks ago, and I got the email (about a week or two ago). I even emailed the rep back to confirm. He said my original seats/tickets order was already sent to the printing shop along with my address. So I needed to send the those back in order to get my correct/new seats/tickets.

Not a big deal, I guess. As long as they don't drag their feet with sending me my new tickets...

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I can't tell if you're joking or what, but you're losing credibility fast. Boy Who Cried Wolf thing, you know?

8. Section 227. Row 5

I kept the Pepsi Corner for bait. He knows where they are and I know he knows, so he'll be going over there regularly.

Nothing wrong with that until I started envisioning me sitting there with the grandkids and him and his BIL sitting in front of me in the empty seats, talking about ticket prices on 3rd and One or going for it on 4th down with only 1:23 left on the clock, and I'm talking about Corner EZ seats in Mezz and secondary markets.

I couldn't get the fucking picture out of my head, so I called the ticket office and begged for mercy. Basically told them I was going to commit suicide in my seats on opening day unless they sold me 4 more that I could retreat to.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227 by the way I just went into the Jets ticketing system and moved Fireman Ed, his brother, 20 yuppies and some guy who eats stinky cheese next to you. Oh year I just gave myself the two seats in row one upper prime jet side that stradles 50 yard line just for fun and relocated that guy to row 26 end zone.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I guess your done post as MC DOC or whatever his name was.

Maybe even MaMaJet too.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I don't mind Ed, his brother and the 20 yuppies, but did you have to put Section 314 next to me? His tailgates sound downright disturbing.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Yes, I am them all. Actually I always post under this name. Even when JI banned me for life I did not do a fake name and go back on-line. Only TGG and Jet Nation is yet to ban ROJF. Once I am banned I am gone for good.

I hope 227 is kidding. I had seats last year in 228 and I 100% watch the game, did not even go near him when I was a few rows away. Heck a headhunter I know was a few rows behind him never even talked to him. I don't even tailgate, I take train get there 15 minutes to game time and leave right after game. Next year it will be a rare event for anyone to sit with me. Since I am sitting in a couple of places and skipping a few games due to Holloween, Thanksgiving and Daughters birthday being game days.

Last year only person I talked to was retired fox cameraman who sat next to me. During stinker games like Bills or preseason he told me some great stories of when he worked in NFL and was at 1969 Superbowl. His stories was 1,000% better than my stories so all I did was listen.

13. Section 227. Row 5

No way. Impossible.

14. Section 227. Row 5

You really need to sit in some of these seats you're talking about before making a decision should the opportunity present itself, as you say, in the form of a "fire sale."

For instance, UD Prime 1-4 is nice... very nice... don't get me wrong... but sit in, say, Row 8 near the two UD Prime Sections first and then compare.

What I am saying is, given the choice of a Row 8 or 9 near the 35, you may opt for that one before a Row 4 in UD Prime EZ or Corner. Of course, I am looking at this as a football viewer.. someone interested in seeing what's happening on the field.

You will be looking at the seats in terms of, "What will they sell for?" In that case, you may take the Row 4 in the EZ. Me, I'd take the Row 8 at the 35. Cheaper ticket price but more importantly (to me), better view of the action.

15. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

No way. Impossible.

REDUX

16. Section 227. Row 5

I don't know how reliable a source "the guy in the seat behind you" is, but I can see that happening. They've obviously been quickly selling the better, vacated, UD seats recently like the ones that popped up for me.

But I doubt anyone is nibbling at the UD Row 23 seats outside of the Sidelines. They still even had UD Primes when I called, but they were, again, like Row 23 or whatever.

Those nose-bleeds are going to be hard to sell. I can see them offering these (without having to pay for the Preseasons) as either a package first and even then individually, blowing them out at raw face or even finally at below face with military discounts, etc., just to move them.

The sad part of all this in the UD is, this will be an ongoing thing for the Jets, sadlly, with the UD. Almost a permanent, annual occurance. In 2011, guyslike me who bought extra (better) seats will let their original seats go, so they'll become available. And don't expect the Military Discount seats to get sold. No one will want Row 23s.

They should have considered a lower PSL for the UD, like the Giants did, with a reasonable ticket price of $80 or so. Or they could have staggered it, with Prime seats being 1-4 ($125) and "Good Seats" being 8-12 at $105 and then Row 13 and beyond at Zero PSL and prices like $80 down to $65 for teh nose-bleeds.

These people don't know how to move merchandise. They needed to grade the product better. The most obvious area is in keeping all the prices the same for the sections, as if a Row One is worth the same as the Last Row. WTF? There should have all been price breaks all the way up in the sections.

Now they're stuck with crappy upper seats in each section and wondering why they have to put so much effort into moving them. It's not good for the franchise because now they look like desperate, conniving losers and have to resort to non-stop roto-dialing and bullshit to get the job done.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Roto dialing is right, I just got my second call in as many days from a Jets rep. It's panic time! Of course I let it go to voicemail and won't call back. There's only a couple weeks now until the Jets start unloading season tickets with only 1 preseason commitment, and then 2 weeks after that with no preseason commitment at all.

I'll be looking for some good lower seats with no PSL to buy, I'm thinking there should be tons available in 142-144, 133-135, 116-118, 108-110. If not at worse end zone seats. I'm wondering if the Jets will crank up the face value on those since people won't have to buy a PSL to get them. Then when those don't sell, it'll have to go to individual game sale at full price, and only then will the discounting really start

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So the fact that 2300 only are left means nothing?

The commercials have ceased as have the ads all over the web. I tend to believe the report.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The guy behind me next year is an executive director at one of the five largest ticket resellers in the world. He does not sell tickets to the general public. His firm buys large blocks of excess tickets from sports teams and resales them in smaller blocks to scalpers.

For instance Boston RedSox has "sold out" 600 games in a row. What happens is Acetickets is their exclusive ticket reseller and in block they buy all remaining unsold tickets to crappy games below face if it looks like it will not be a sell out. Boston by being able to say they have had the longest sell out record in baseball causes higher demand for season tickets. Jets appear to be going this route this year. Move them all off their books at a discount, let reseller take risk and then be able to say it is a sell out even if reseller throws 25% of tickets he got half price in garbage can.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They are moving as many UD sponsor seats in 2010 as possible to empty PSL seats then let ticket resellers dump the empty UD seats.

Remember, a bad 142-144, 133-135, 116-118, 108-110 with no psl may or may not be a better deal than a 142-144, 133-135, 116-118, 108-110 with a PSL. Depends on seat location in section.

I think Jets will force it to work in 2010 as to not distroy PSL values before they are all sold. But your plan may work in 2011 just fine.