17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I think 227 might actually be Clint. Never before has an avatar more perfectly resembled the personality of a poster. :smile:

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am expecting it to look like the image below that the Jets sent out prior to their practice at the Stadium:

[​IMG]

3. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I can't say it enough: I love that field design. Hopefully, it sticks.

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

me too that AFC and NFL emblems look sick

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Did he fire six shots or only five?"

Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I kind of lost track myself.

But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky?

Well, do ya, punk?

6. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I love it too, I miss the dark green EZ's we used to have before we changed to grass then the other field turf.

The madden screen shot they sent out has the same setup
    [​IMG]

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. 17a_tailgater

when i use to go with my dad back in the 80's and we sat field level.coming off that escalator and seeing the sun shining on that astroturf,players stretching.i would get such a rush of excitement.those where some of the best times of my life spending it with my father.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I thought you told me lower level sucks, were you mad at your dad for making you sit down there?

10. 17a_tailgater

your stepping over a line you dont want to cross.so just back away and move on.

11. Section 227. Row 5

I used to take my kids and we'd get to the parking lot early and do our small tailgate. Then we would go into the stadium at, say, 11:45 for a 1PM kickoff, and instead of going to my seats in the Mezz, we'd go to the Lower Level and work our way past the Security in the LL and go to the 50 on the Visitor's side.

Me and my kids used to love to watch the team stretch and do the drills. I love the warmups. LL Row One is good for that before the game. The team and coaches right in front of you and you're not trying to follow plays at the other end, just people watching. "Hey, there's Bill Parcells talking to Vinnie."

Then, after the people who ownded the seats would show up with like, "WTF are you doing here?" looks on their faces, we'd walk up the spiral to our seats in the Mezz to watch the game from there. Best of both worlds back then. God, I'm going to miss the ease of getting around that old stadium. And the parking, of course, right outside Gate C.

Now we're in a new era. Have two grandkids (only 2 years old right now). My kids are busy parents and not too much tome for going to games these days, but I'm hoping when the grand kids get a little older that I can do the same thing with them. Both my kids are still Jets fans and the Grandkids, of course, have all the Jets clothing as well and are being thoroughly indoctrinated by yours truly.

12. 17a_tailgater

we where on the visitor side 30 yard line 17 rows up.it was awesome you saw the same people game after game.everyone had been there for years through the tough tough losses the few exciting thrilling victories.it was a good group.

like what the uppers im hoping will be in this new power plant.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The new stadium is a whole new world. But I still think lower level rows 1-3 will have some old timers who are cool. Old timers with very high senority on first go round mainly bought upper deck, but some bought in rows 1-3 Mezz A, 5k and then 10K PSLs.

Remember I am a real old timer, I single handly saved the 1981 Jets Season when I stopped Mark Gastineau mid-season from attacking the clerk at the Roslyn Dunkin Donuts at 2am and being arrested. Hopefully, Joe Klecko invites me to share in his ring of honor cermony on August 16 because without me there would be no Sack Exchange, do you really think Klecko would have got those movie roles in Smokey and the Bandit if it was not for ROWONEJETFAN.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

^^^

Some days I like you, most days I picture you like this guy as you're making up stories.

[​IMG]

15. Section 227. Row 5

How did you get this video of ROJF with his green Jets socks on? He's very proud of those.

Unfortunately, they also filmed him working out while wearing his pink boxers.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

At least I did not tell my second favorite Jets story when I went to Hedonism superbowl week 1993 and there were like 7 Jets there. I bought my ticket like only 8 weeks earlier and it was almost sold out. So like an idiot I go to one of the Jets you guys most have booked over two months ago weren't you afraid you lose your non-refundable deposit if Jets made the superbowl? Guy was laughing so hard and then he told the other Jets guys and they were all laughing, he said we book trips in January every year before the football season ends.

if you see me at a tailgate I will tell you some stories about what the jets players did after the pajama party at the hot tub at nude beach to a candadian girl who pulled a train

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

In order to receive your new tickets on time for the 2010 Inaugural Season you must send your previous tickets and your commemorative ticket back to us within 72 hours upon receipt. We have provided you two easy options:

• Option 1 – Return your tickets at the New Jets Stadium
    You will be sent a confirmation email enclosed with instructions.

• Option 2- Return your tickets via FedEx
    If you choose this option, we will email you a confirmation and pre-paid FedEx label.

Please promptly reply to this email with your preferred option. Once we receive your reply, and confirmation your former tickets have been delivered, we will send you the follow-up instructions and make the necessary arrangements for you to return your former tickets.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly with any questions that you have!

Thank you, and Go Jets!

18. Section 227. Row 5

I'm sure everyone received this email this morning but I'll post it here for information sake:

Season Ticket News

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXX,

The uniforms, the footballs and the playbooks are ready for when the team reports to training camp in Cortland, NY next week. And next week, you will also be receiving some very important tools to help you prepare for the season. In just days you will have your 2010 season tickets.

Tickets are being sent out via three-day FedEx, no signature required. You will receive an email confirmation when the package is sent, including your package tracking number so you can see where the tickets are en route. FedEx guarantees delivery within the first three days, but most of you will receive them within the first 48 hours.

What will be delivered won't be like any other season tickets mailing. We have put together a welcome package that is a comprehensive overview of the stadium and everything you will experience in your new home.

We can't wait to see you in the stands on Monday, August 16 to kick off what we know will be one of the most memorable seasons in franchise history. In the unlikely event that you don't receive your email confirmation from FedEx by Monday, August 9, please call 800-469-JETS.
    Thank you for your loyalty and for being part of the Jets family!

The New York Jets

1 Jets Drive| Florham Park, New Jersey 07932 | Phone:(973) 549-4600 | Fax (973) 549-4610

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I got the email 227 posted,

What's this?

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

That is the email people who switched seats last minute got who are being mailed wrong tickets as it already went to printed and Jets can't stop the mailing. They cant get right tickets till they return their old tickets