Cimini: Sanchez improved? 'Without a doubt'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jul 26, 2010.

1. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I told you guys. I think he will be very good. He's got the talent and he is very athletic. He's charismatic and a natural leader. He is an extremely athletic individual with a passion for football.

I respect him

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

yup. and he was a rookie. get that through your heads fins fans.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah, but apparently no Fin fan saw Sanchez after december.

4. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

well we better do something honestly or heads may start to roll on Sparano and company.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

but henne had last season and he did well. He sat on the bench for his rookie year but disregard the importance of that we know that henne had better numbers in his "rookie year" which was last year so henne is better lets burn more jerseys

6. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

He played well in the playoffs no doubt, but some of the Jet fans act as if he single-handedly won the games. He surprised me in the playoffs certainly and if that's the preview of what's to come, then you guys are in for a good ride over the next decade

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sparano is probably the best coach you guys have had in a while, to get rid of him would be a bad idea don't you think?

I give props where props are due, and in his tenure I've noticed the Fins execute their plays extremely well, yeah drops here TOs there but you guys know how to execute your plays I do give credit on that

That's the next step in our CS and for our team, we need to execute and make the most out of our plays on every down on offense, defense and special teams, we need to be more consistent as a team next season

8. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The flip side of the joy in beating their putrid carcasses is it sucks to lose to them. The two losses last year were the low points of the season, imo. Best hope the Jets do not repeat that this year.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I know that he didn't win the games single-handedly. He never had to score 10 pts with 5 minutes left in those games. He made his passes and helped turn the momentum in the favor of the Jets. The defense made their plays as well. It was a all around even effort from everyone, but Sanchez came into his own and stopped playing like a rookie.

Your fellow fans refuse to see the January performance and harp on what he did from weeks 4-15. Its all about keying on the growing pains of a rookie QB with 16 starts in college and acting as if he's never going to improve from his rookie year.

At least you get it. The rest don't.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

That would be a horribly near sighted move by Parcells if Sparano has another mediocre season.

11. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

no doubt! I love Sparano as the head coach. He preaches discipline as is incredibly fiery. The team certainly seems to respond to him positively. He is the man and is a nice change from Wannstedt, Cameron, and Saban! but I just worry that if we don't make a serious playoff run this year, the hot seat will warm up.

to take a 1-15 team though and have them competing for the playoffs up until the last game of the season in his first two years is impressive though.

12. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Well first you quoted me, and you then stated...

"I love it when fins fans talk about his rookie season as if he'll never get any better and he's destined to throw 20 INT's every season. It shows how much they know about the NFL."

So, actually you did say that. No big deal, but get your facts straight next time before you decide to say something that isn't true. Thanks...

~BK~

13. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

thanks man. I see the potential in him! I hope for both of us that we can continue to debate Sanchez v Henne over the next 10+ years!

:beer:

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Come to think about it, do you think any 1 man has had more impact in a division in the NFL then Bill Parcells?

In all of sports actually, he's been a part of every team (except the Bills, can't blame him) and has had a huge impact on each team he's been a part of. The only way it's effected the Bills is by continually keeping them down.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Listen ~BK~~~~~~, I never said YOU said anything, so maybe you should calm down and take your own advice. Just because I quoted you doesn't mean when I refer to "fins fans" I'm referring to you.

16. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Sanchez played like a rookie, Henne played like a rookie. But only one was really a rookie.

It's like a good riddle kinda. Henne threw for 300 yards before so he is obviously the next Dan Marino. I know I would rather have my QB throw for 300 yards in games rather than win playoff games.

17. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

All I ever stated was that Sanchez was carried during his rookie season. I never said Sanchez wasn't going to improve with experience, I'm certain that he will. He's got very good upside no doubt. I said it before, and I'll say it again, I like Sanchez. I would have no problem with him as my starting QB...

~BK~

18. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

that wasn't the point and you know that. All i saying was Henne showed the ability to carry the team and win at least. He also lost too, but at least showed potential

I think both Henne and Sanchez showed great POTENTIAL, but it remains to be seen who goes where from here.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

This THREAD IS ABOUT MARK "THE SANCHIZE" SANCHEZ.

As pointed out by a MOD earlier. You guys are getting annoying.

Sanchez has improved this offseason without a doubt, just ask Rex.

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Until we see Sanchez in a game, his improvement can't be quantified. We won't know if he will make bad decisions or get that staring ahead look with the coaches after he throws a pick. Part of it is Xs and Os, part is technique, and part is maturity. I think he's going to be fine with the first two, but the maturity part has me a little worried.

What Cimini's article demonstrates is something we have known all off-season - Sanchez is committed to hard work and understands what it takes to get better. If he sucks, it will not be for a lack of effort or complacency (See Russell, JaMarcus). His hard work puts him in a position to succeed. Here's hoping that he does.