Cimini: Sanchez improved? 'Without a doubt'

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sunnygs97, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Clearly you haven't watch anything of Sanchez. He went down field often and was very accurate and had shown a strong enough arm. I'm not saying this with Green Goggles on. For example the TD pass in the AFC Championship Game to Braylon Edwards. That was deep downfield and on the money and off his back leg. He had another one deep downfield that hit Braylon Edwards in the facemask against the Bills. His sideline passes to Cotchery are on the money with plenty of zip. His TD pass to Keller in the Wildcard Game is another example.

2. GreenMachine

So does Pat white.

3. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

ha not really! I bet he learns how to after Ike Taylor knocked him out cold

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

One of his best assets his how well he throws the deep ball.

He has plenty of arm strength.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Best Deep Ball Passers by QB Rating in 2009
    1. Drew Brees - 109.83
    2. Donovan McNabb - 108.95
    3. Brett Favre - 107.28
    4. Tony Romo - 107.23
    5. David Garrard - 104.82
    6. Ben Roethlisberger - 101.29
    7. Eli Manning - 98.61
    8. Aaron Rodgers - 96.45
    9. Matt Schaub - 95.48
    10. Peyton Manning - 93.32
    11. Kyle Orton - 88.88
    12. Philip Rivers - 87.71
    13. Tom Brady - 85.76
    14. Mark Sanchez - 80.79
    15. Alex Smith - 79.95
    16. Jason Campbell - 78.78
    17. Vince Young - 76.52
    18. Ryan Fitzpatrick - 72.91
    19. Marc Bulger - 69.16
    20. Jay Cutler - 68.75
    21. Joe Flacco - 62.22
    22. Josh Freeman - 60.34
    24. Matt Ryan - 51.42
    25. Matthew Stafford - 49.46
    26. Matt Cassel - 48.48
    27. Carson Palmer - 46.44
    28. Matt Hasselbeck - 42.73
    29. Brady Quinn - 38.19
    30. Chad Henne - 36.81
    31. Jake Delhomme - 30.73
    32. JaMarcus Russell - 19.26

Good call.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ that's quite a stat. I had no clue Sanchez did that well, and Henne that bad.

7. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

I was aware Henne was one near the bottom of big completions, he still put together 61 percent completions. I think he was 11th in the AFC with 6.38 per average gain. Sanchez was 6.71.

I remember that being said alot during the last stretch of the season, but I didn't realize Sanchez was that high either.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

To be fair, Ted Ginn Jr was Henne's deep threat last season. I think this season is much more level playing ground for comparison given the experience they both have now and the WR corps.

9. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I don't think much will change for Henne

The phins still don't have a real deep threat...Marshall is a short/intermediate guy that breaks shit into big plays

Unless Bess or Hartline turn out to be a stretch the field type home run hitter then we still won't have a lot of deep completions

10. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

Very true.

Marshall doesn't stretch the field from a speed standpoint, but can take a 10 yard slant and turn it into a 40 yard gain.

Bess doesn't have true speed, and is more "quick" then fast (if that makes any sense lol)

Hartline was our biggest big-play receiver last year, averaging 16 yards a catch, but that was more yac than anything

11. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

I sure hope this guy improved. Last year he was one of the worst passing QB's in the league. And at times looked like he was going backwards. It wasn't until the color system was pulled out, and Rex decided we're going to run, run and run some more because this Kid is killing us, did the Jets start to win. And even then, the guy lived off play action.

I never understood why so many Jets fans were so high on him, honestly. If you guys don't have the #1 defense and running game in the league, how bad and exposed exactly do you think Mark Sanchez would have been? Seriously.

12. 34miami23

34miami23 Active Member

lol you've done it now! You have called out the thunder, now here comes the BOOOOOM! lol

13. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

I'll leave this for someone else to destroy with Sanchez's stats and how 3/4 of his interceptions came in 4 games, but I will say this:

When the season was on the line, when the team needed them most:
    Sanchez thrived.
    Henne's vagina head crumbled.

14. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

Oh noesss! The big bad Jets fans full of hot air are on to me! Ruuuuun! :breakdance:

15. Going4TheGreen

Going4TheGreen Well-Known Member

Henne sat on his ass his rookie year, mook

16. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

Really? Is that what you Jets fans are believing these days? Cause the way I remember, it was a bit differently.

Down the stretch, the Jets D carried them with the running game. Not Mark Sanchez. Sanchez was not the reason the Jets made the playoffs. In fact he was almost the sole reason why the #1 defense and #1 running game DIDN'T make the playoffs. His play was average at best down the stretch and Ryan knew that. That's why he had to 'take the pressure off Sanchez' to make the playoffs. He did not play his best ball when the games were on the line. The defense played their best ball when the games were on the line.

Take a look at how good your boy was exactly, down the stretch.

4th Quarter and OT numbers:

37 of 75, 49.33%, 569 yards, 1 TD, 10 INT - 39.66 QB rating

Sanchez 4th Quarter when Jets are +/- 3 points

3 of 8, 37.5%, 25 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT - 6.8 QB rating

Sanchez 4th Quarter when Jets are +/- 7 points

23 of 44, 52.3%, 289 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT - 44.6 QB rating

Even Jamarcus Russell has a higher QB rating then Mark Sanchez does in the clutch!

Let's take a look at some of those "big games" that Sanchez "played better" in.

Week 15 - At that very moment it looked like the Jets would need to win their last three games to make the playoffs. It looked like a longshot that they could make it if they lost to the Falcons. They did lose and even Rex Ryan called the season over after that game. So, in a losing effort this is how Sanchez did in this "big game"

32 attempts, 18 completions, 226 yards, 1 TDS, 3 INTS

Conclusion: Failure in a big game

Week 16 - The Jets are still alive but have no room for error. Luckily for them, the Colts pull their starters very early and the Jets have a VERY easy road to a win.

19 attempts, 12 completions, 106 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTS

Conclusion: Not bad, not great. Win was mostly because of the Colts pulling their starters and the fact that the Jets had 202 total yards rushing. Sanchez was merely along for the ride in this game.

Week 17 - The Jets find themselves in a win and your in scenario against the Bengals. Thankfully for the Jets that the Colts played backups the week before otherwise the Jets wouldn't have this chance at all. The Bengals know that they are locked into the 4th spot, so the game is completely meaningless. While a big game for the Jets, it is just another preseason game for the Bengals as they are looking already to next week. The Jets of course blow out the Bengals

16 attempts, 8 completions, 63 yards, 0 TDS, 0 INTS

Conclusion: Again the Jets have a big day rushing the ball with 257 yards on the ground. The fact that the Bengals were looking to Wild Card Weekend before the game even started was a major factor. Sanchez did NOTHING in this game and hardly could be considered playing good in a big game. A very lousy game actually for him

Wild Card Weekend - Really this is the first game since November that Sanchez plays good in. Though even Ryan Leaf had some good games.

15 attempts, 12 completions, 182 yards, 1 TDS, 0 INTS

Conclusion: Good game for Sanchez. The Bengals played sloppy in this game missing field goals and not executing on offense. Though again, it was the running game that carried the Jets

Divisional Round - Back to being just average this week for Mark against the Chargers.

23 attempts, 12 completions, 100 yards, 1 TDS, 1 INTS

Conclusion: Nothing really to write home about. Sanchez does not take over the game, but he still doesn't lose it. The game was out of his hands for the most part.

Championship Game - The Colts get a rematch with the Jets. The team that allowed to make it this far. Lets face it, if the Colts play their starters a full game Week 16, the Jets finish the regular season 8-8 at best and out of the playoffs. Sanchez starts out good including an 80 yard touchdown pass to Edwards. For the most part Sanchez plays very well in this game. Though at the end of the day the Jets lose.

30 attempts, 17 completions, 257 yards, 2 TDS, 1 INTS

Conclusion: Sanchez plays well in a losing effort. Down by 13 with two and a half minutes left, Sanchez throws a critical game ending interception. He definitely does not come up big in this big game.

Overall Conclusion:
    The Mark Sanchez you see as a Superstar really is just Super average during big games. Sanchez had a better supporting cast then Henne did last year, yet Henne still outperformed him in less games.

Sanchez did not play his best ball down the stretch 'in big games'. Sanchez played his best ball in September.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Looked pretty exposed in january.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

you had that saved on your computer in a Word document did you?

You worked real hard on it, double checking facts and making sure the talking points were fortified. "COME GET ME JETS FANS!!" you yelled with confidence and pride.

19. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ