Lombardi breaks down AFC picture

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yeah why would we dodge a fan of a team that hasn't won a playoff game since the previous millenium? They have been such a successful franchise as of late.....

2. Phins Rock

Phins Rock Banned

AJayJay...I'm going to disagree.

I'm not sure how NY's future is better. They are in serious cap trouble for 2011 and beyond. Miami is, (I believe), the 2nd youngest starting 22 in the NFL and in great cap situation for the next few years. They also have proven management contrary to yours.

Who is better right now remains to be determined, but right now I would say the long term future of Miami is more promising than NY's.

3. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

Not trying to pick a fight guys. I'm just responding in the same classless way everyone else does. I never made any personal attacks. Although someone called me a piece of shit cause they didn't like the fact that I'm not drinking the Koolaid? Go figure. I'll leave you kids alone since you only comeback is "we made the playoffs". Or "We beat you 12 years ago."

4. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

LOL Just like the only comebacks you guys have is "2-0, Sweeeeepppp" "3 straight games" or.....this is the best one...."Ginn fucking burnt Revis, Revis sucks"

5. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

Excellent point Phins Rock. The Jets Window for success will close fast because The GM is an idiot and wont take care of his guys.Good luck trying to keep all your players. Dolphins are on the right track to success with no Cap issues. We beat you twice last year with less talent. I wonder what happens when we even the talent up a bit?

6. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

Hey Jake I love the Henne vagina forehead comment! Really. What the hell is up with that helmet anyway? I'll tell you what though at least henne can sling it 50 yards without screaming like a little bitch and leakin man juice from his ass!

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

There is no cap. No teams have cap issues right now and nobody knows what the new cap will be so don't even take that route in your weak attempts to get a rise out of us.

8. Phins Rock

Phins Rock Banned

I didn't get the Henne forehead vagina thing either??

9. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

[​IMG]

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Wow.

Also, a lil' known fact, IF a cap were to return...Parcell's has had the tendency to put teams he tinkers with in cap hell for a few years after his departure. U might wanna look into that.

11. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

Phins rock. When Henne put his helmet on it pressed his forehead
    down making it look weird and uncomfortable. I hope he's changed his helmet already. There was an article about it a while back. Go Jets!!!!

12. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

And if my Aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. What else you got?

13. Phins Rock

Phins Rock Banned

I still don't get it. Lol.

Whatever. And there will be a cap in the new CBA. NO WAY there is not.

14. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

How exactly do we have cap issues? First of all our spending this year is below the 2009 cap. Idiot. All the big free-agent signings the Jets made this year are essentially one-year deals that will have no bearing if the cap ever is re-instituted which I'm a believer it will be.

And our GM is an idiot? Hm. Let's take a look at the 2007 draft shall we? Miami had a chance to be the prime landowners of Revis Island...and instead you took Ted Ginn Jr. Ouch. But maybe you made up for it in the second round! I mean guys like DAVID HARRIS, Lamar Woodley, Sydney Rice and Steve Smith were available and you took..oo. Jeez you took John Beck. Must suck to be you.

Our GM is the one that's drafted and made trades in order to bring about the STACKED roster you see before you. So if anything he's a victim of his own success. And don't think for a second the core four isn't being brought back. Cro and one of the receivers might walk, but that's about it. And do check back in December troll, so you can tell me how the Jets ass tastes.

15. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

we will just have to show everyone sept 13th and 19th when they spank 2 top AFC contenders

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

the problem is if the extent of your success is beating the Jets, you still suck. if the Jets lose twice to the Fins but are legit contenders for the Super Bowl, every Jet fan will take it. you see, that is why the season is judged in totality, and the evaluation of a team isn't simply dependent upon one or two games.

yes, the Fins beat the Jets, but still weren't better than them overall because the Jets had more success over the season, and two games doesn't negate that. to argue otherwise and claim that head to head success overrides overall success, you would have to make the completely asinine assertion that the Buccaneers were equally as good as the Saints as they beat them once last season, or every year several teams are better than the Super Bowl champs because they won head to head, since we haven't had an undefetaed champs since the one lone team that did so.

are you really going to make that assertion? it is the only logical application of your argument to every other team in the league. now, I know you Fin fans like to be delusional, and you will probably do so so you can claim even though you went 1-15 a few years ago the Ravens were actually the worst team in the league since they lost to you, but anyone with any semblance of sense knows otherwise.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

That's because you've never seen one, Dolphag.

#77 Vorrecht, Jul 14, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Our idiot GM now has 2 playoff wins undre his belt, Bill Parcells in years he is responsible for picking players(1993-1995 Pats, 1997-1999 Jets, 2003-2006 Cowboys, 2008-current phins) has a grand total of ONE postseason win.

Where are these cap issues coming from? don't confuse not paying guys YET b/c a new CBA is not in place w/ having cap trouble. We are well under where the 2009 cap was.

19. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

I dont get this constant troll comment? Why because I'm pissing you off with valid points. whats that all about?If you guys weren't such morons about your expectations and comments I wouldnt even be here. You bring it upon yourself.Its funny because you have done nothin yet you talk like the divison goes through New York? Whens the last time you won the divison?

20. dolphincv

dolphincv Banned

Last divison title? With all this superbowl talk Im expecting a history of division titles or at least one recently? Start there first k. Don't ask the hot girl out untill you bang a few ugly one's.Dont try and be a hero now