17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I'm afraid all the PSL seats are overpriced, but we haven't seen anything yet and this is the tip of the proverbial iceberg. When the timing is right (i.e., much of the PSL money is safely in the house), then the fun begins with ticket price increases EXCEEDING typical annual COLAs.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

and when they try making the uppers a ridiculous price we back out and buy tickets from jetbo for below face.

see we have the best of both worlds 227....

just teasing jetbo

3. Section 227. Row 5

That is correct and they know it. That's why our ticket prices will always be reasonable and we'll eventually have more convenient parking areas.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

all are overpriced, they have always been difference is people in certain rows and aisles might stick around as they like their seats. Trouble is lots of people bought a pig iin a poke and row 35 middle seats for $200 a pop will have no PSL resale value and tickets that sell with PSL for regularly below your cost.

Meanwhile very nice 2,500 PSLs in a great location undercover aisle towards side people will keep paying the extra amount each eat no problem.

PSLs will not default widespread, it will be selective defaults. Those sections where all ten games sell in secondary for less than your per ticket price and people put 10% down or less.

5. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

As an attorney, I can read a contract and understand the PSL contract has language in it that states that representations made by sales staff are void and there are no guarantees for price increases.

Nevertheless, I don't see price large price increases for the next 3-5 years (Unless they win the Super Bowl):

1. The Jets employees sent out written information guaranteeing that they would not raise ticket prices more than X% during the next few years. I have that e-mail and I am sure others do as well. If they try to jack up ticket prices, they would likely face suits under (NJ, NY, and CT) anti-fraud and consumer protection statutes. Even if the Jets won the lawsuits, they would likely spend a fortune on legal fees and get a ton of bad PR.

2. Supply and Demand: The PSL sales process has proven than the current pricing is about as high as fans are willing to pay. The economy is not likely to bounce back anytime soon. The Jets don't want people to default on their PSL payments b/c reselling them and/or trying to collect from the debtor is expenseive.

My prediction: Next Year's Increase (unless Super Bowl Appearance) will be less than 4%. If they have a mediocre/poor season - no increase.

One thing everyone is forgetting is the labor problem. Based upon what I have read, there is a 75% chance that there will be a lockout. Not the best time to raise prices.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I hope you are correct about this, but I base my assumptions not on what is logical or business-like or morally, economically or socially justifiable or even what may be legally binding on their part pertaining to what has been stated either verbally or in emails written by sales reps.

I base it on history, in the face of all of the above. I base it on what Woody Johnson did during good times and bad... good seasons and poor ones, good economy and bad economy, playoffs and no playoffs. Ten percent a year, year after year, relentlessly, for 8 consecutive years. This is fact, not speculation. Prices doubled.

I'm the little boy who slept with the snake who promised not to bite me and did. Now it's your turn to trust the snake. I've had it.

7. 17a_tailgater

so lets say a 4% increase on the cheapest psl seat,which is $120 would be $5 per seat increase.now you have to shell out an extra $50 per seat.now they decide yellow parking should be $35 per game thats another $100 per game.

its like trying to make a cheating girlfriend an honest housewife.you know the bitch will be blowing the pool man sooner or later.

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

:rofl:

But really I'm crying. You damn elders are scary the crap out of me.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I am extremely interested in whatever informtion you have regarding this. I'm sure, because this is a public board, that you are not at liberty to (or do not care to) share any of these emails verbatum with us. But I am not aware of anyone else who received written guarantees such as this.

In fact, throughout this entire process, I have heard only that sales reps were reluctant to even approach that area (price increases). My own experience was that my rep would say things like, "Well, we all know there are always going to be price inreases, but .... blah, blah..." I am not aware of anyone else having written confirmation of a limit of "X%," so you are quite unique if indeed you are in possession of such an email. This is a first for me.

10. Section 227. Row 5

Woody Johnson blows pool men now?

11. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I was told, "there are no guarantees, but historically prices have increased no more than 5-6% per year".

12. 17a_tailgater

ok do the math.
    thats $5 the 1st year $10 the second
    so now your 2010 ticket is $120 per seat
    2012 $135 a seat

13. jetbo

jetbo Member

Jets Seasons at Face

Thanks 17-A, appreciate the rub.

And fyi, I still have decent Full Season Seats in 344 and 317, NO PSL For Sale!!!!!

PM me or email jetbo324@aol.com

#8133 jetbo, Jul 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  14. Section 227. Row 5

This is not true, which is the reason why the Jets have issued carefully thought-out disclaimers that state that anything the reps may say or have said is not to be relied upon when making your decision to buy a PSL and that ONLY written information on the actual sales contract is to be relied upon.

SOME seats increased by 5-6% per year (this is still, BTW, way over COLA, so the guy has a pair of balls even discussing that level of increase). Other, more desirable seats (such as the Mezz), increased by 10% per year for the 8 concsecutive years after Woody took over. 10% per year add-on results in a doubling of the principle in 7.5 years... do the math.

So yeah, when they state "There are no guarantees, but you'll more than likely receive a free blow job by one of the flight crew upon buying your PSL," they are not lying, technically, because they told you "there are no guarantees."

Come on people. You people are from New York, right? Since when do New Yorkers trust a God-damned thing? Seriously, this blows my mind... all this naivety. New Yorkers in a New York marketplace being bamboozled by what most mid-westerners would consider Corn Dog Rodeo barkers and scam artists. And they're all falling for it! "But my rep said this and my rep said that!" I mean, it's fucking ridiculous already. It's ShamWow salemanship on steriods and NOBODY around here wants to believe it because they love their Jets too much to take off the blinders!

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17a and 227 pm me as I have UD info

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I never said I believed it. I was just relaying what I was told.

17. Section 227. Row 5

I understand and not singling you out. Just pointing out what I've seen throughout this thread since it's inception by a lot of people.

18. 17a_tailgater

any new pictures surface??

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Mets Try To Lure Former Season-Ticket Holders With Free Seats

Mets Again Inviting Former Season-Ticket Holders
    To Take In A Game At Citi Field For Free
    The Mets, in a "continuing effort to lure back old season-ticket holders, have treated members of that group to free game tickets this week," according to Ken Davidoff of NEWSDAY. After getting "positive feedback from the last such venture, conducted during the Mets' May 21-23 series against the Yankees, the Mets welcomed back some former season-ticket holders to Tuesday night's game against the Reds." Others were "invited to attend tomorrow's or Sunday's game against" the Braves. Mets Exec VP/Business Operations Dave Howard said that "some people from this target group purchased pro-rated season-ticket plans for the duration of the season, although he wouldn't provide a specific number or estimate" (NEWSDAY, 7/8). Meanwhile, in N.Y., Larry Brooks reports the crowd at Citi Field for last night's game against the Reds was "announced at a little more than 30,000, but there were scads of empty seats in not only the expensive section of the ballpark, but in the cheap seats in the outfield grandstands." Brooks writes, "There is a sense, a real sense, that the Mets are now operating as a mid-market club, unwilling or unable to dive in to attract the best that money can buy. ... Maybe that perception is unfair to ownership, but it's as real as last night's empty seats and as real as the frustration of the fan base that already is resigned to losing Cliff Lee to a higher lend-lease bidder this summer." There is "no buzz around the Mets" (N.Y. POST