17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Slightly off topic - but not by much. The Jets sent me an offer to buy ticket to a concert on July 9th. Looking at Ticket prices, I noticed I could go sit in the middle of the Mezz section (where the clubs are) for $93 + the rediculous fees.

For people who have been to other events at the NMS, do they open up the club areas and are the Mezz club seats worth getting to watch a concert?

Because of a trip to Texas, I cannot go to this concert, but I was hoping to see one there at some point. Now that I am not 19 anymore, I would like comfortable seats witha good view as opposed to floor seats and standing on folding chairs.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Are you 20?

3. MadBacker Prime

[​IMG]

You can park in Yellow or Orange-

4. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

In the Jets defense, I think some sections are "virtually" sold out is:

1. when they are stuck with a few singles/doubles in undesirable locations.

2. Teams always have a few prime seats held back for special customers and dealing with problems. A few years ago, I went to a sold out fight and ended up sitting directly in front of one of the TV cameras. When my buddy stood up to watch the action, his head interferred with the camera and they told us we need to sit down. After I responded by reminding them we paid for our tickets and were behaving properly, the event staff decided to move us to two seats that were the best in the house. Instead our $50 seats in the nosebleeds (which was why we were blocking the camera), we had $250 seats with the people in suits.

My prediction is that after everything shakes out, the Jets will not offer one off tickets to customers. A company - lets call it "Woody LLC" will buy all the unsold season tickets to the remaining games including Upper Deck and PSL locations. Woody LLC will sell the "bad" tickets through the Ticketmaster Resale process. Good seats will serve as inventory for corporate sponsors who come in later and need seats.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

fuck woody in his virtual ass

6. nyjetsfan22

nyjetsfan22 Member

Cool. Thank you

You can park in Yellow or Orange-[/QUOTE]

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My prediction is mass amounts of people in bad seats stop making PSL payments in next 12-36 months.

8. MadBacker Prime

You underestimate Jet fandom.

It's either watch the games at home or go to the games like so many are used to.

People in the same sections with worse seats have been paying the same price for years. Now that price is still the same with a extra cost involved.

Once the season starts and Jet fans get a grasp of the new atmosphere I can't imagine that many leaving unless it's a huge financial burden.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

You underestimate the amount of new fans. They never saw sad sack jets. They are bailing if things go south. Easy to eat $75 bucks seats in old stadium. Most seats with PSL are $200 to $300 a game. Only people who will stick it out are people in very good PSL or UD seats. The no money down PSL crowd in bad seats if they fall below secondary market price will ditch them and either buy in upper deck or rebuy a PSL at a discount.

20 years ago, no, todays crowd ditched their home mortgage when it was underwater with no guilt, am I supposed to believe they will hold on to a 15k PSL now worth 7k out of kindness of heart?

10. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

I don't see PSL owners walking away from their PSL seats just because they aren't as good as they thought they would be come game day. Remember, the fine print of the contract says if you stop buying tickets and stop making your PSL payments you are forced to pay the total PSL balance right away. I do see people trying to resell or even giving them up due to not being able to afford them. Maybe the Upper Deck STH's after they realize their seats are a bit on the high side and aren't great for resell. But what I really find funny is how many brokers who bought PSL's thinking they were worth gold. You can go on Ebay and see many brokers trying to resell the whole 2010-2011 season for 4,000 to 5,000 dollars. I mean what were they thinking lol, none of them sold. What's even more messed up is the fact that a true fan could of picked up some of those row 1-4 seats instead of some greedy broker trying to make a buck off of the fans.

11. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Scalpers waited till no money down option and them bought front rows via shell companies. Even better most got deffered payment till Nov 2011.

They can sell all of 2010 and most of 2011 before deciding on making a PSL payment. If Jets are in tank by Nov 2011 first PSL payment.

Scalpers did not buy any 20% down sideline tickets in first go around. They were too smart for that.

Most Real fans refused to buy 10K, 15k and 20K psls with 20% down on first go around, then with price cuts it was a free for all and scalpers snatched up all of rows 1-6 sideline with no money down, free parking and no psl pmt till 2011.

12. terps56

terps56 New Member

Are you saying that a few ago the Jets offered you Row 1 in Sec 110? No way. That is not believable. Please explain

13. MadBacker Prime

The only way that is true is if the instant someone moved ROJF called and asked.

All row 1 seats were gone before they even went public, or to the firsts on the seniority list.

14. terps56

terps56 New Member

ROJF would have us believe that that someone moved out of Sec 110 row 1? Not likely. And, if so, ROJF was right there when it happened and not some insider? Also not likely

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

ROJF I just looked at that site and THAT SUX!!! I cannot believe hpw many seats / tickets that huys has!!! Un freaking real that Ticket Brokers can get their hands on that many seat--some of them quite good uppers that I myself or other loyal Jet fans would love to have instead this guy makes out on the deal!!! How can this happen?

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

100% I was offered it, 17 seats in section and I was offered two in middle of section. About two months ago. I did math and with no money down it was a little over $300 a ticket. I figured I would need to sell on stub hub for $350 a ticket when I could not go to break even. Last year those seats except for Dolphins and Pats went for like $240 a ticket and preseason was worthless.
    At 15k a seat you were either paying $300 a ticket to use seats or were selling at a slight loss. for 8 out of 10 games.

17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

How do we know they are all in his name? Whenever you go to any of these broker sites they all have the same seats. People sell their tickets to brokers and the brokers scramble trying to sell them...just a matter of which broker sells them first.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Well when you go to subhub and search by amount of tickets I am always shocked at amount of 8-15 seats in a row in rows 1-4 Lower Level. They all have to be from same seller if selling in a group. Also on that website where did he get the 100's of parking passes are people giving him parking passes too?

20. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I just ran into a guy in the Sears parking lot that was wearing a Revis Jersey, so I struck up a conversation. Turns out he was in the Upper Deck at the 40YL, Row 4 in the old stadium. So I said to him, "Nice seats. What did you do in the new stadium?"

"I'm still in the Uppers, but now Row 20 EZ." Needless to say, he was pissed. He said to me, "Honestly, the way we got screwed, I think I'm going to be there for a year and then give up the seats. And now with the Orange parking, what's up with that?" he says.

There are so many guys I'm hearing that from. I told him, "Hey listen, if you want a PSL in the future, you're not going to have any trouble buying one." "That's for sure," he said. I added, "Hey, there's nothing wrong with staying home, avoiding all that traffic and expense and watching the games on your 50" Samsung" He totally agreed.

I am not shitting you all. I talk to Jets fans all the time and this kind of conversation is VERY trypical of what the thought is out there. Woody is going to have a constant battle keeping these seats filled unless he turns over lot K to the Upper guys. Maybe even then he may have to throw in some other perks, like raise the PSL seats by 10% a year while leaving theUppers alone for a while.... something to keep these people from walking away 9 months from now.