17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I think that's coming. Traffic and tailgating difficulties will push them to open it. Also many complaints from UD people and threats of One and Done. After the PSLs are all sold, they will turn their attention to whatever it takes to keep the Uppers filled, and the one thing people will object to the most on the upper west side of the stadium is going to be, "Why can't we have lot K?"

It's only a matter of time. But only after Woody fucks Upper guys into buying a PSL because of parking. After the guy moves and the money is all in the house, THEN he opens up K and maybe other areas. It's the smart business thing to do while continuing to fuck over your oldest and most loyal fan base.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

In all honesty they should just merge the PSL and UD lots, just for tailgating purposes alone.

I guarantee if they don't less people will buy their own passes and start car pooling, and enough that they'd notice.

3. Section 227. Row 5

I'm already sorry I purchased my Prepaid Parking for this year ($250). I should have saved the $250 and put it toward buying a PSL Parking Pass online. The only way they could fuck that up is if they ask to see your tickets. If you show them the 300 series tickets, maybe they could deny you access?

I predict this will straighten out next year. It just behooves the Jets from a business standpoint to no longer fuck the Upper people. All the money will be comfotably in the bank for Woody from the PSL people, then it will be time to start fucking them. Take away some parking and start raising ticket prices. Oh yeah, I can see this coming... typical Woody Johnson business model. Fuck the ones who give you the most support.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

You could probably unload the Upper Level $250 pass for $300-350 on StubHub and then turn around and buy a yellow pass for around $500

I too predict that Lot K will be given to you Upper Deckers in 2011, with good reason.

Good luck 227.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Upper Deck Jets fans are not screwed. Far from it. Of all the 160,000 Jets and Giants season ticketholders in the New Mausoleum, we're the only ones who can still go to all the games, enjoy the new stadium and most of it's amenities, have season tickets in our name year after year, still enjoy the tailgates on their property and all the fun that goes with it and NOT have to buy a PSL.

Far from being screwed, we can elect to stop going whenever we want, simply and easily. And we can always join the ranks of PSL owners if we choose to in the future, whenever we feel like it. Just stop paying for next year and go out and purchase someone else's sold-in-distress PSL on the market cheap because the seller is going through a divorce, or he's become ill, or his business is failing or he's been transferred to Chicago or one of 18,000 other cockamamie reasons for unloading at a loss.

6. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Well my family will still be going to all the games. Im not trying to make this a competition or anyhting. Maybe screwed was too much but im not that picky when it comes to seats but the upper deck and the UDEZ is just way too far away, especially how much higher they are up then from the old stadium, its just not for me. I dont want to have to bring binoculars to the game. While you are right your going to be able to move down when you want, your not always going to be able to find some guy whos getting divorced, or kids getting married or some other circumstances. The psls will increase in the long run and especially when the economy turns around. Also obviously as we both know it also depends on how the jets play.

7. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You can't honestly think you will be able to make a profit on your PSL, do you?

It's still the Jets man.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

How do you figure? The demand for a parking pass should be less than it's been the past three years. They'll be more spaces, and we'll be reselling a Upper Deck parking pass, the least desirable parking pass option.

This coming from someone who just paid for two upper deck passes, and almost decided to resist doing so. I couldn't trust my instincts since this is new territory. I just had a feeling that like the tickets changes, they'd change the parking rules later too - or let people pay at the gate unlike previous years.

I hated writing that check for $500 last month after they dicked-us like that.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Maybe only reason to buy a PSL now is if you want a row 1, 2, 3, 4 or seat on or near aisle seat by higher priced section and you want to go now and not wait till pricing has settled. Meanwhile I see sections like LGL and TC completely sold out and don't understand who is buying the last few rows in the middle seats or the aisle by cheaper section? Is there going to be some great demand for row 33 in the middle seats down the road?

Next year there will be an insane amount of PSL seats for sale on stubhub. People like me basically have to cut back on taking people to games. For instance last week a neighbor said to me who do I have my jets tickets with? I said no one I just usually take friends, he said do you charge I said no, he then said take me how much is ticket, I said $125 and he said hey I am more than happy to hop in your car anytime and pay you for the ticket.

Wait - $25 for parking, $15 gas and tolls, $250 for tickets and $130 PSL fee is $420 and he is paying $125 and I am paying $300. WTF. Under old way I would jump at his offer, now no. I rather throw them on stubhub when I have no one to go with take train for $10 bucks and sit in UD with cousin at $95 face. Trouble is if enough people think like me PSL resales are dropping. We all can't sell seats for a profit.

BTW I know a few people who bought a single LL EZ $2,500 PSL next to friends with $250 down and a balance of $2,250 who sold their psl permit for a $250 profit so in effect covering their 10% deposit. I think they are better off than EZ people. They have buyers built in if anyone in group has a friend who wants to join. If they are willing to sell for cost of loan balance pretty much anyone can buy it. Plus you have friends to sell your extras too. I wish I went this route. Guy I know group bought 8 togther in 8 different names and got 8 psl parking passes. Pretty cool.

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

There will be plenty of people who go to the games and who just want to park somewhere. You may not be able to sell it as a season but you could probably put up an UD Parking Pass and sell it for $30-40 a game and make a small profit then use that money towards paying $50-60 per game for a PSL Parking Pass.

#7790 MurrellMartin, Jun 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  11. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

damnit i forgot my rojf cliff notes at home???
    and anyone else bring their decoder to work ???
    4 sentences or less after 3pm

12. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

In the long run i thing i could, but i will never sell any of my four seats. i bought these seats so i could go to the game, not sell them

13. Section 227. Row 5

You're obviously new at this, but I promise I won't take advantage of your youth and inexperience.

Fact it, there are always tickets for sale. Oh yeah, there's always the Pats game on a Sunday afternoon at 1PM with the sun shining and you're 9-4 and the playoffs are on the line and you've got a 48 degree weather prediction and those tickets are hot as hell and you really score if you sell them.

Every one of those games is matched 3-4 fold by losers you can't give away.. poor timing (like this year, with many games at VERY inconvenient tmes and dates), losing seasons, injuries, garbage weather predictions (this Mausoleum is wide open), etc. Many, many new PSLs holders who have never held seasons before are going to smell the coffee over the next 3-5 years and realize how expensive it is, how many seats they have to piss away, the phone calls at the last minute saying little Jason doesn't feel well, or the weather is bad, or.... or.... whatever... family and friends who "can't make it" at the last minute and you eat them.

There were tons of tickets available when they didn't cost that much. One can only imagine how many will be for sale with all the added expenses pounded on top. All the above reasons will create even more turnover and secondary sales than we've ever seen. It may be astounding, in fact. And that soesn't even take into account the number of people who have to bail out of the PSLs to finally and permanently get out of the trap. used to be, you just bit the bullet for this season and bail, unencumbered. With the PSL, it's not that easy. Compound that by 5 if the ticket prices escalate unmercifuly, which is almost certain to happen to the PSL seats.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I'm glad I just get to enjoy going to games and not have to worry about resale value or recouping money.

Getting season tickets zhas always been and always will be about going to the games. Bottom line-

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

With a little creativity, you can easily transfer your tickets to someone else.

My Three Step Process to a truly Personal Seat License:
    1. Fester pays you $1000 for the right to purchase your tickets each year. You draw up a contract which would likely be enforced by the courts.
    2. Each year, you buy the tickets.
    3. If Fester gives you the money for your tickets, you give them to him. If not, you go to the games or sell them to someone else.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

That's the ideal client for the Jets. Someone who doesn't mind forking over $20,000 up front plus $4800 every year for four seats to 8 games, 2 duds, a bunch of Jets trinkets with their name on it, and won't resell anything. Unfortunately for Woody I don't think there's enough guys like Hennessy to fill the place

17. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

lol unfortunately for woody im in the LLEZ, and not LLSL.

18. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

...uhhhh...really? :eek:hmy:

I'm glad you bought them to go to the games and not to sell them.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually you would be better off to buy to sell then buy to go. Buy to sell researched and only bought best of best of best. Maybe row one and two, aisles three to six in 2.5k, 6k, 7.5k and 10K, no mezz, no 5k

20. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Buying to use guarantees no loss since you are not looking to make a profit. Doing all the research does not guarantee that.