17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Except for sections 140 and 137 Jets side 20k and sections 241-136 and sections 211 to 218 EW clubs

2. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I agree with most of your analysis. I don't know why anyone would pay $2500 extra to sit in 131 when 129 is available.

#7562 Digetydog, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  3. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I sure hope that's sarcasm.

20,000+ unsold PSL's and there's not a chance in hell they will be soldout by opening day.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ding ding ding!!!

Woody even said they're shooting for opening day.

I heard they already sold out-

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its good to see a little understanding on the jets part.

however like you guys keep saying i am scared for those who decide to go on the hook and then cant get away a couple years from now when the ticket prices just keep on going up. i wouldnt buy a psl just on principle at this point.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Un friggin real...wow.

Well hopefully some will move down now so I can get My uppers back..

<~~ ISO. 2 UD @ Face

and Why won't the JETS sell me them?
    Because they INSIST all former STH must take whats given to them...

F Them Bitches. I'm waiting this out.

7. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

To get off the PSL price reduction for a minute, I realized that as a season ticket holder, this is my 3rd stadium as a Jet fan. How many season ticket holders of any team, have resided in 3 different homes? How many of you are from Shea? Pretty wild. I know this is the last place for me. Hell, I am 50. PSL's will be your 1st born the next time

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Actually while not a STH of NYTs I went to there games at the Polo Grounds. When they moved to Shea I became a STH & am still a STHer today so I qualify for both the M/lands 1 & 2 + Shea

9. jetbo

jetbo Member

3 Stadiums

I've been going to Jets games at Shea starting in 1978, and I worked construction building Giants Stadium for 1976 opening, and getting my Jets seasons there in 1984. And now the Woody and Mara Monstrosity!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Giants Fan

Dealing with the NY Jets on PSL issues has nearly made me a Giants fan.

11. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

With all the recent events I shot an e-mail out to my rep. asking about the upper availability and was told:

"There will be no movement in the Upper Bowl until next season"

What a fukin crock of shit

12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Funny thing about it is, while Shea at the time was considered to be substandard compared to the new, beautiful Giants Stadium, I'd go back to Shea now in a minute compared to the costs of this new stadium. This is coming from a Jersey guy who traveled to Shea back then. It was affordable, we had a home-field advantage, but they only thing we didn't have was a consistent top quality product on the field.

31 seasons for me. Missed 5 home games. I'd bet there are some here who've missed less than that in that time span. I wonder where their seats and parking will be this year....

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Sure. They don't want the extra work first of all and secondly, they haven't cared about the fan from day one. Why start now?

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Those of us in MezzA got the shaft. Rep told me not allowed to move down from MezzA to LLEZ now unless I add seats because of the PSL price reduction. Apparently not allowed to go from a higher PSL to a lower one. FML.

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

If you even consider something like that, you are not a Jet fan to begin with, so go all the way and root for the Giants. Great timing btw, being that we are embarking on the greatest Jet run ever and the Giants are about to tank for the next 3-5 years. Maybe, you are the curse, not 1969. Thanks

16. babyknight

babyknight Well-Known Member

Why, so you could pay a PSL to sit in the upper deck?

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so when a girl broke your heart,did that make you want d!ck?

18. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

Actually, if I could have have front row seats on the upper deck, I would have gladly paid a $1,000 PSL.

My issue is not with the PSL concept. I would rather have fans (including me) pay a PSL than have the government pay for it.

My issue is with the sales program employed by the Jets.
    1. Their pricing strategy on PSL was clearly flawed from the get go.
    2. They have lied to me when I have discussed my options.

I bought my tickets in that Mezz A in May. Despite that fact, the sales rep tried to tell me the Mezz A seats were the best in the stadium and had been sold out for months.

Simply put, the NY Giants have managed their PSL problem in a professional manner and kept their fans reasonably happy. The NY Jets have managed their PSL issue so as to antagonize their customers.

BTW - I would never root for the Giants unless it was for them to sign Pacman Jones, TO, and any other available felons to their team.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

speaking of mezz b and LLEZ, Giants have a few thousand themselves in those two sections, and to boot, this makes it even harder for them to sell being 40-50% higher priced then Jets.

7 days ago majority of psl owners would have told you Mezz A, 4 LLEZ corners and 4 TC's along with the two skinny 15K sections on jets side by Coaches club were the best deals in the house.

Now they suck. In particular Mezz A dead center last row, LLEZ corner closer to fieldgoals and skinny 15k Jets side seats one seat over from 10K seats.

What sucks is someone could have been happy with their PSL purchase for 52 weeks and now they are mad.

Shows the importance of buying on row by better section. Also sucks senority was wasted, we all could of had seats right where Jets come out or visitiors come out last year on aisle low row by now 5k PSL corners. Those would have been great seats for $2,500. Plus at that price could do five year plan no problem.

I am staying put believe it or now. I want to see if they reduce 20k Jets side or open up Upper Deck seats. Also want to see if any good LGL open up as lots of people jumped over to 10K. I think low row LGL at 7.5K and a $125 ticket is still good if you are on aisle by 10K seats. It is $50 buck a game cheaper when you factor in PSL and extra ticket price.

However, someone with cash who is a new jet fan who likes good seats getting a 19 row 30 yard line seat for 10K with no money down a few weeks to opening day is great for them.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

did some of you actually think diggetdy dog was being serious and not simply venting about how shitty of a situation this is?