17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Are we sure these great seats didn't just open up because someone either upgraded or backed out of their contract? There is quite a bit of that going on.

Also, can we really expect them to contact every STH in the uppder deck everytime 2 seats in row 10 or lower on the sidelines opens up? I think that might be asking a little much to have them call hundreds or thousands of people every time a couple seats become available.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I got a message the other day saying the two seats next to me (sec 333, row 20) were available and did I want to go up to four seats. Of course it took me almost a year to pay off two so no, but I thought the upper deck was sold out. Guess not.

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm actually considering moving down or more along the middle if any seats are available. But I'm guessing they won't let me unless I buy more seats, in the UD, or the MEZZ, huh?

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

They were NFL Reserved seats I know for a fact. Certain seats were blocked from day one. The seats I am talking about were very low row TC on the aisle right where Jets come out and a set of very low row in LGL right by 15k seats. Those seats go for $100 over face on stubhub. There were not upgrades. There are some seats for sale in UD that were never sold. They were blocked from day one. Those are the seats you will need to buy more to get.

Trouble is last August jets already started their fire sale of seats with nine game packages, 1/2 season packages, individual games etc. You will be competing with the box office to sell your existing seats so you will have to sell them a little below face.

I agree it is silly to think if row one opens up in UD does everyone in row 2-26 get to move down one row.

Other issue this is a cash purchase, They offer you six seats lower prime that is almost 8k charge to your card with a minute to decide and you don't know if five minuts later Jets are offering Plum or Militery codes at less than what you paid.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

What? If you buy a PSL you just give up your UD tickets no problem. I am talking buying more UD seats.

6. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

so if they call and offer me 342 row 5 if i want them i have to keep my seats as well???

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

That and an open practice at 9:30 on Monday June 14th (my birthday) at Florham Park.

9. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Already got my TIX....

We should all meet up. Get your sick/personal days!!!

The Jets announced today that fans are invited to watch them take the field for the first time at their new stadium on Wednesday, June 16. During this historic practice,
    players will suit up and step out of the tunnel to get ready for a new season of Jets football.

Presented by Atlantic Health, the practice begins at 11:30 a.m. with gates opening at 9:30 a.m. Fans may tour the new stadium prior to the start of practice.
    During practice, seating will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in the mezzanine and lower level stands on the west side of the stadium. Concession stands will be only open in those areas.
    Generation Jets Fest, the team’s interactive theme park for kids, will be open in the Great Hall, also located on the west side of the stadium.

A free ticket is required for each fan to gain admission to the practice. Tickets can be obtained at Ticketmaster.
    All tickets must be secured in advance and there is a limit of four tickets per person for this event.
    lots will open at 9 a.m. Upon arrival, fans will be directed to parking lots at no charge and should proceed to the Pepsi Gate to enter the stadium.

The Jets also announced that the June 14 minicamp morning practice at the Atlantic Health Jets Training Center will be open to the public.
    Gates open at 8:30 a.m. and practice begins at 9:40 a.m. Tickets are not required for admittance. Space is limited and practice may be closed in the case of inclement weather.
    Visit newyorkjets.com on the Web or from your mobile device for the latest information.

10. Nova

Nova New Member

Hey everyone,

Just chiming in and trying to post pictures of when I went on my tour. Looking at my pictures I could have done a lot better, but I hope this helps for those not able to visit yet. I can't hyperlink, PM, or put in images due to post count but here's the non direct link for anyone nice enough to repost it.

s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm27/NoValax/Jets/

The seats pictured were from section 108 row 8 seats 1-3. I couldn't get pictures of rows 1-4 due to the soccer game.

#7450 Nova, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

OKAY so like many of you I read this thread and I understand that not all of the stuff written here is true but I do believe that much of it is------Now to what happened to my buddy today----> he gets a call from a JET REP and is told that "seats next to him became available" so would he now like 4 seats together instead of his 2--he declines but asks about being relocated and the Rep says and I quote " I can move you but you must take 4 seats instead of just 2" the Rep offered 35 yard line and 20 yard line seats but my buddy declined! I am pissed as many of you might be---I have asked to be relocated by phone by e-mail blah blah blah and LIKE many of you told alot of BS that "the upper bowl is sold out " that "nothing better than what I now have is available" also "would I like to purchase a PSL " WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!! I am so glad I did not purchase a PSL as you truely cannot believe anything this sales people say--this is just another disappointment added to this fiasco----I will enjoy this season and we will all have a blast wherever our tailgate winds up but I truely believe that I am one and done!

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't know if they will be using these cutouts on the field but in this illustration it looks great.

[​IMG]

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I was told when I called to ask. Row One kept posting about seats opening up, so I inquired in March.

I never imagined it would all go down this way. I never imagined entering a season thinking it could very well be my last. I wonder what my 2011 decision will be based upon, either;

A. I hate the upper deck view
    B. Our tailgate party group not able to carry over due to the parking mess.
    C. The team does not meet performance expectations
    D. Unsheltered seats for the first time in 30 years plus bad weather along with the above factors ='s "fuck it"

14. 17a_tailgater

just remember i saw the writing on the wall way back when i selected 3 psl seats in the 4k section 202a row 3 aisle. it took a month to get my contract.with all the lies mounting i bailed.got fully refunded. then reinvested my money in psl free upper corners b/c i thought i would be parking near there.

of course im wrong and im completely on the otherside of the stadium and parking a mile away from that met life corner no less.

15. 17a_tailgater

may 6th 2009 is when i picked my 1st seats. how much has changed since then.......

total fucking disater this whole process.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not you??

How do you find this stuff??

18. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

That's what I meant. Only not buying any more. I'm just looking to relocate within the UD. I'm all the way up in Row 26 in the corner of the UD. I was wondering if calling them and asking them if I could move down WITHIN the section to, say, Rows 10-15 would even be worth it without them hounding me to buy a PSL in the Mezz if I wanted better seats in the UD. Cause I sure as shit ain't getting 4 seats. Like I said, I'm just looking to relocate. And since maybe some people moved down to the Mezz, maybe something has become available.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I actually don't see the big deal. WTF would the Jets basically throw money down the toliet trading tickets they can't sell cause they suck for good tickets. Trouble is you need to eat one or two pre-season games to sell you crappy UD tickets now. New people can also buy better seats right from box office in UD or get a 4k-7.5k psl no money down, no payments till 2011 and free parking. Plus I see people on stubhub selling Mezz B seats at below face value and eating whole PSL fee and throwing in parking. If I can sit in Mezz B cover for $110 a game with free parking why would I want UD EZ row 20 tickets with no parking at $95. Plus Jets may not release UD seats till after Jets/Giants preseason game. They could just offer seats to that to Giant PSL holders and sell it out. I would wait till after that and then do nine game UD season ticket packages. Betcha we see plum codes, military specials come last august to move UD EZ last ten rows. Those are worthless.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

most likely they have no problem selling you more seats up there. get the knee pads out if you want to blow your way into getting jets to take worthless UD tickets that sell below face for UD gold tickets.