17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

That's for the beer pong tourney in August.

2. baamf

baamf Active Member

Well as I mentioned some time back, just like many here I was real pissed with this on-going jam in the a** by the Jets and thought the parking would be my final breaking point. I sent various scorching e-mails and complained to some of the reps and then decided to sit on it for a bit to let things settle in my mind. With the parking money due next week, it was time to make a decision. I was ready to go down the road of getting a refund and called my rep again (figuring the secondary market would be my new avenue for tickets). Knowing my intentions, my rep was able to relocate my seats from the Pepsi corner over to the Metlife corner. This allows a much shorter walk to parking for my father, children and myself. I decided to go with it and try this out for the year. I'll miss seeing 227 and 17a in the Pepsi corner but it sounds like we'll all be parking and tailgating in the same area anyway. Without the burden of the PSL, if this continues to be the cluster f*ck I think it will be, I can always bail next year without penalty. I'm also expecting many to drop their seats next year, so if I decide to stay I'll surely be working my rep for an upgrade to an even better location. And who knows, maybe they'll drop these asinine parking rules. We shall see, but I'm all paid up and on my way to my 21st year of being a season ticket holder...

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Glad you gave them a hard time about it. I have yet to do that but I will. I know exactly what you're saying. I selected 301 based on where I expected to park, now I'll have the long walk around from Izod. The team looks good, but the organization sucks. Why can't we ever have both?

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Interesting tibit there are 96 PSL sales rep. To be in the top ten PSL sales reps based on sales you would need to have over $11 million total revenue which is almost 4,000 PSL seats.

5. JetsFan#1

JetsFan#1 Member

Where are the PSL seats for $2,750? That would be the average according to those numbers.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Actually let me figure out the actual average with my exact numbers the Jets gave me.

Believe it or not average revenue per seat sold is $2,955. I guess average revenue is total revenue divided by the number of units sold. Sometimes you subract certain expenses like commissions etc. Also maybe Jets discount bulk PSL sales.

Anyhow the average revenue per seat sold is $2,955

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sweet. How many row 1 seats are there and how many reps did it take to fill them?

Additionally what was the average cost per sales rep phone calls to row 1 buyers??

Give it a try-

8. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

that is my own guess.dont quote me on it....

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Met Life corner, I wonder if we can get insurance in case the Jets suck. What section/row did they put you? I am 319, Row 10

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

well in my case since I only wanted a 6k or 7.5k row one seat and I bothered then with over 100 calls and emails I brought up the cost of selling them considerably. they should have just gave me a pair on my first call.

Speaking of the opposite of row one, my mystery is I see sucky seats on stubhub for whole season for sale. I can see buying a sucky seat in UD for going if you want to save a few bucks, I can see buying a sucky seat if you have a quirk like want last row cause you stand, or want dead in middle cuase you hate getting up and have a bladder the size of texas or it is near your friends who bought on shitty side of section. But why in hell would you buy a crappy seat and not ask for upgrade and then put all ten games on stubhub. That is just plain weird.

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Reading your last few posts it beginning to make my head hurt.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Now my head hurts. But point is buying a shitty PSL seat to scalp is plain stupid.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

New Jersey Authority Pays $1 Million for Jets, Giants Tickets
    Share Business ExchangeTwitterFacebook| Email | Print | A A A
    By Dunstan McNichol and Adam Satariano

May 27 (Bloomberg) -- The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority spent almost $1 million to lock up season tickets for the New York Giants and Jets, seats that will be used by VIPs including elected officials.

The state agency secured 142 season passes in the National Football League teams’ new $1.6 billion stadium in East Rutherford by paying an $854,000 one-time license fee and $221,600 for actual tickets to 20 games set for 2010. The agency also paid $275,000 for a luxury suite. The costs were provided in response to a public records request by Bloomberg News.

Business partners, politicians and others associated with the agency will be able to buy the tickets from the authority, which plans a service fee to recoup costs, said John Samerjan, a spokesman. The agency, which neither owns nor manages the new stadium and is supposed to operate without taxpayer help, is asking lawmakers for $32.8 million to make up a funding shortfall at a time when state social services are being cut.

“These are the kind of shenanigans we need to guard against,” said Senate Majority Leader Barbara Buono, a Middlesex County Democrat who is seeking an audit of the authority’s budget. “It seems not only an unnecessary and unwise expense, but wholly inappropriate given the amount of money they are seeking from the state.”

Dennis Robinson, the authority’s president, said the purchases were made so the agency could keep tickets it controlled in the old stadium.

“In 2008 the Authority was forced to make a decision

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Are any of the tickets in Row 1?

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Government at it's finest.

16. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Everyone in New Jersey government is a criminal waiting to be prosecuted

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Sure seems that way. I think the ones that aren't at first, wind up that way once they've been in office a while.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

this makes me absolutely sick. hopefully there will be enough people who make enough of a stink. i dont live in new jersey and am still absolutely disgusted that they would spend money in this manner. they need to be audited and dealt with.

19. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Our current governor is cleaning house of all this bullshit and NJ government waste. He'll be one and done because the teachers' union and other unions will make sure they spend enough money to publicly castigate and impugn him. But he doesn't care. He's standing up to them and I, for one, think it's absolutely a breath of fresh air here in NJ.

20. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Now people know exactly why I said this was a Move by the NFL to help sell PSL's.

The fix was in the whole fukin way.