17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

there are 6
    the 4 corners Verizon, MetLife , Bud Light & Pepsi Gates
    the Great Hall Club & East Wing

2. no psls

no psls Banned

Here is the letter that I just sent :

I have been a season ticket holder since 1984 and I think the current parking lot rules are horrendous . I understand that PSL holders should have a priority for parking , but the upper level fans have been treated terribly. I personally arrive at the games 5 hours early to tailgate . I have been doing this since about 1990 . I think that people arriving this early should also have some type of priority for selecting parking spaces . I have been tailgating in lot for the Meadowlands racetrack (now LOT M) for over twenty years and now I can’t park there anymore . I am currently sitting in the upper level . This is no way to treat your long time fans . I am going to try the new lots this year and if me and my friends are not happy , we are seriously considering dropping our seats next year . The new building might be nice , but the amenities mean nothing to me and most upper level fans . All the new building is doing for us is ruining our traditions and giving us new headaches to deal with . I just needed to let you know how I feel . I truly believe that I am not alone in these beliefs .

Signed , a very disgruntled Jet
    Fan .

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Someone on JI with front row Upper Prime might be moving-

Better jump on that ROJF.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Last I checked there is no entrance/gate in the Bud Light corner.

5. 17a_tailgater

now that u mention it the Bud Light corner was a loading dock.....

that is why i will be walking from the izod over the overpass of rte 120 and in throught the east wing and then up the escalators of the bud light corner then over to the Pepsi corner.

wow even sounds far just typing it.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I don't like row one in UD, crap seats with plexiglass and a 125 ticket price. I wanted TC or LGL row one, I think by far best value in entire stadium. Same ticket price as Upper Deck Prime and a very low PSL payment.

That LGL on the aisle visitors side ten yard line row one tickets with a 7.5k PSL and a 125 ticket is the seats I want and the damm SOBs seating in them better give them to me!!!!! HA HA, since scalpers already have them I am shit out of luck.

I chickened out of the 2 seats in section 110 row one seats I was offered and regret it but I could not get over the 30K psl and 140 ticket price. The reason I did it as I am fearful in year two or three when stadium hype dies or Sanchez gets injured I am stuck with seats that with PSL payment cost $600 a paiir. This year it is am amazing deal at $600 to own those seats, three years from now could be amazing flop.

I am still sitting in one of the TC/LGL corners in my second choice inferior seats which are in first three rows on aisle and towards higher priced section.
    I still want row one bad but spending an extra 15k to move four feet forward is hard to explain.

Plus I like the fact I am right by the lower entrance and on aisle and bathrooms and beer right behind me and only people in the first seven rows on the visitors side lower sideline do not have to walk up any steps to get to seats. The Jets side you have to enter from top. I actually enter from ground level and actually walk down a few rows to my seats. Plus when wife is at a cold game she can sit on aisle and run back in without bothering anyone for hot coffee. Last year we had to make four people move and walk up almost 40 rows everytime you had to hit the can which sucked. That also turned me off on row one Jets side.

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you just had to give him a reason :)

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I went to JI site to check up on the tickets and laughed my ass off. Couple of old timers who had high senority bought in upper deck even though rep said it sucked now are mad cause they found out UD sucks and they assumed the Jets were lying to them it is so high up and now some of them bought PSLs this weekend.

The are bitching with 1970's amd 1980's senority they could have got great PSL seats and now they wasted their pick.

Jets fans bitch about everything.

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

My favorite BS PR Jet Move of week. They are now announcing GHC is nearly "sold out" as a result of the ticket price cut to $395!!!!!

Turns out my Jet contact told me lots of Mezz Club people in the $395 seats and same PSL price moved down as the cost is the same and you get free food!!!! No brainer.

What this accomplished I don't know. But a few people who paid $395 a ticket for right to buy food in EW club are happy. Now how do you sell $395 tickets without free food in Mezz I don't know.

10. jetbo

jetbo Member

GHC and CLUBS

Oh what a fantastic Jets Marketing Plan. Mindless Shlubs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So, for example, some fans take the tour and find a compelling reason to move their uppers to a PSL, transfer the money over, etc like 227 said. Means they have vacated their upper deck seats. What do the Jets do with these seats?

The sales reps telling you there is nothing available in the upper deck are flat out lying, plain and simple. Are they saying NOBODY moved downstairs as a result of the tour or parking situation? Bullshit.

And here is the final question: Who indeed gets these vacated non existent vacated seats? Some guy on the waiting list? That sure is a kick in the ass to a 1970 seniority Jets fan now sitting behind a newbie. Are folks going to be contacted in the future to upgrade in the upper deck? (No, according to 227's rep, unknown according to the rep I spoke to in March).

The whole operation is being shrouded in smoke and mirrors the whole way through in order to move the prescious PSL seats.

12. 17a_tailgater

they are holding on to those uppers. not for resale or relocation. my guy offered me seat on the metlife side but row 23. i think he only offered this b/c
    a) my row is lower and he would be able easily sell my seats than row 23.
    b) take advantage of me being in the pepsi corner and having to walk completely around the stadium from where my parking is.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I called a rep today, there are no date right now when they will sell UD tickets as the same old BS is given related to NFL seat requests.

If and when they sell tickets supposedly people already in UD who requested upgrade will be contacted and waiting list people.

The schmuck with senority who doesn't speak up assuming Jets does right thing will continue sitting in his crappy seat.

Then again hasn't the Jets always done that? Did they call existing season ticket holders in last row UD EZ last year and tell them LL Sideline seats in first 20 rows were open if they want to upgrade, no. Easier to sell good seat than bad seats.

But than again A grown man sitting in a crappy seat who doesn't have balls to call his 23 year old rep and ask for a upgrade is probably getting what he deserve.

BTW on stubhub bad UD EZ seats are all going at face or below face when you factor in fees. Who the heck will buy those season tickets if we let people upgrade?

Also some people I know have given away games, sold games etc for the ones they can't make. They can't be upgraded.

Also what happens if Jets do to UD people what they did to me last year, yes you can upgrade but we are not refunding your seats you need to pay for two sets and sell one. Will they be willing to sell the shity one at a loss like I did last year?

I personally would get super bowl, let hard knocks play out and even let preseason opening day 8-16 Jets/Giants game take place with it's huge PR hype before I would sell a single UD ticket. I bet Giants have requested lots of seats for that game too, Jets and Giants have lots of press requests, NFL requests and Celeb requests for that game. August 16 game UD will be filled without need to sell UD season tickets or individual tickets.

Then around August 20 after every PSL possible is sold that can be sold I would have reps work full time on selling UD nine game packages for a week. or two and then list reamaining UD tickets as single game tickets and move back to PSL sales only for rest of season.

This is what Jets did last year so why change playbook.

14. 17a_tailgater

im done trying to upgrade. besides the viking game i made mbgreen,murrell and miamipuck all get seats near mine. imagine I now change my seats????
    ha haha

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am done too. My original plan was to sell my PSL seats for enough to break even on PSL fee and ticket price and them get two good UD seats sidleine upstairs near my BIL. Jets have cockblocked my plan and they have wore me down where I no longer care.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

On stubhub, Upper Endzone 327 | Row 24
    Washington Redskins at New York Jets Tickets (Pre-Season) Tickets
    $19.95 a ticket. Six tickets for sale.

Scary lets do math, guy paid $95 a ticket X six =+ $570
    Selling for $19.95 x six = $119.70 minus 15% fee = $101.

Guy is taking a $470 loss on selling UD tickets to only the second game ever in the Meadowlands.

Still for someone who just wants to see stadium can't go wrong for $20 bucks a ticket. But goes to show UD EZ people may be bailing next season.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Super Bowl: Latest PSL Shill

Ok guys, allow me to predict the future:

4:01 PM Today - Commissioner Goodell, The Mara boys, Woody Johnson all smiles in announcing the Super Bowl bid going to them for 2014. We'll hear the BS about football is meant to be played in the elements, greatest city (never mind the city is East Rutherford - lets see how many times NJ is uttered) etc etc etc. Great stadium, blah blah blah.

4:22 PM Today - Anyone on the Jets mailing list gets an email from the Jets gleefully announcing the Super Bowl bid, but also reminding us that in order to have a shot at buying Super Bowl tickets in their raffle, we'll need to be PSL owners.

I allowed them 21 minutes because they think they should wait so no one accuses them of having "the fix" in with the league offices. (It was the Mara-boys idea to do this, otherwise Woody would have done it at 4:02)

Jets Marketing: So pathetic and ill-conceived its laughable.

#7297 LogeSection2RowJ, May 25, 2010
    Last edited: May 25, 2010
  18. 17a_tailgater

if they tell me i have no shot b/c i didnt buy a psl i will flip da fuk out.

and i say 4:20 pm it comes out just to ruin everyones high.

19. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

First of all coaches club gets first shot. Host team gets 5% of tickets, which is barely enough to satisfy jets and giants coaches club members.

For SB lottery they should do something like this
    UD one ticket
    Mezz two tickets
    LL EZ three tickets
    TC/LGL four tickets
    Lower sideline five tickets,
    Mezz EW club six tickets
    GHC/Mezz prime seven tickets
    Coaches Club eight tickets

Then add in tickets for senority. If they run lottery it would be plain stupid to give many SB tickets to UD EZ people.

20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And why is that, genius? I've spent more time pissing at Jets games than you have watching them.

Excuse that outburst, but sometimes you REALLY cross the line.