Better corner, aso or revis??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nastynice, May 18, 2010.

1. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

#24 D-Revis for sho.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

If the Jets traded Revis for a guy on the same tier who had a completely ridiculous contract and was 4 year older, I put my head through a wall.

3. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

hahaha we found a troll.

Someone post that chart that shows the opposing QB rating and amount of times thrown at. I believe Aso held QBs to a rating of almost 100 while being throw at like 30 times, while Revis was thrown at around 100 times and held QBs to a rating of around 30. Against Oakland teams had absolutely no reason to throw at Aso, but when they did they were fairly successful.

Then post the list of elite receivers Revis had to follow around all year and what he held them to.

Finally, we have the fact that Revis is much younger and has shown substantial improvement every year he's been in the league, even with a lame pass rush giving QBs plenty of time against him.

Go troll somewhere else clown

#23 Jetskees, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  4. nastynice

nastynice New Member

yes sir, yes i did, and u made a pointless comment in it. hey, we're all at the same party!! :beer:

5. abyzmul

Revis doesn't take then entire side of the field away from the QB because Rex forces QBs to throw at him by double and triple covering the other side of the field, and constantly singling DR on the #1 option the QB has. Half the time, Nnamdi doesn't even cover the best receiver the Raiders are facing.

It's easy as pie to take Aso out of the game. Mostly because your coaching sucks a dog dick. Rex makes it impossible for teams to take Revis out of the game.

By the way, if you're saying you watched all three playoff games and don't understand how good Revis is, you probably don't understand what you are watching. And considering you didn't even know what the Final 8 Plan was, you kind of come off as a fan with only a layman's knowledge of the NFL.

#25 abyzmul, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
  6. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Neutral party response:

Revis. But it would be hard to go wrong with either guy. I just happen to like Revis a little better, probably because I've seen more of him.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

these thread dont work too well around here nastynice. just fyi.

topic has been beaten to death.

8. 624

624 Banned

[​IMG]

9. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

C'mon man! (Keyshawn voice)

Of course most of us are going to say Revis, you're on a Jets board! However, Asomugha and Woodson are great talents too! I'd love to have all 3 of them on our team. :)

10. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Fuck no. Everybody would freak the fuck out. Aso is going to be 29, and Revis 25.

And comparing last year Revis played better. we dont need any key pieces leaving, and new ones coming.

11. nastynice

nastynice New Member

Yea, we chose the wrong Ryan for our team (his loser brother Rob was our d coordinator, man he sucked)

Oh, I understand how good Revis is, he's amazing, his impact was huge, his athleticism is ridiculous. But at the same time, I saw the ball go toward him a lot, telling me that plenty of qb's feel that they got a shot at beating him, something you really won't see anyone do with aso. Almost all completions against aso are timing routes that are executed to perfection (especially phillip rivers, that guy's amazing), nothing else really. Maybe ur right, maybe Rex devises his d plan to make offenses throw to revis, can't say i know the jets that in depth, sounds crazy but if anyone's gonna do it its rex.

and no, i have no clue what the final 8 plan is. Why must I be aware of this to be conisdered not just an avg fan?

12. nastynice

nastynice New Member

yes, this past summer I heard bout the jets trying to make a push for aso (who if he were on the jets would've become the instant #1 corner :smile: )...that would've just been unfair.

don't over look cro, seeing him twice a year i'll tell u, his man to man skills are amazing, he would be the #1 corner on 20-25 teams. when it comes to your cb tandem there is much to be excited about

13. nastynice

nastynice New Member

and if our organization wasn't such a circus these past few years, we would've had two of those three on our team, woodson left us in '06, when aso had his break out year. so close yet so far!!

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So you're not such a Aso after-all.

15. nastynice

nastynice New Member

if everyone freaked out, i would guarantee you by the 2nd or 3rd game everyone would be very relaxed again.

aso doesn't put up numbers, so he don't get the respect he deserves. Just keep in mind, he had ZERO interceptions in '08 and was still a probowl starter. that speaks volumes

16. abyzmul

I don't think Rob Ryan had a chance in Oakland. That franchise is set up to fail until the rip control from Al Davis' arthritic grasp.

See, you say you know how good Revis is, and then you completely ignore my post, explaining why QBs throw at him. QBs don't throw at Aso becaue he's not covering their best option on most plays. Revis spent all of 2009 into the Bengals playoff game covering the best option on every single team the Jets played. They only changed that up against the Chargers.

By the way, as someone said already, QBs have a far higher completion percentage against Nnamdi than they have against Revis, which is mind-boggling when you take into account how many targets Revis got in 2009.

Revis is a more productive and effective player on the Jets' defense than Nnamdi can ever hope to be with the Raiders. Someday maybe he'll have a rebirth on another team like Charles Woodson did.

You don't, it's just a warning sign. And combined with your pretty generalized and ill-informed posts here already, that warning is confirmed.

17. nastynice

nastynice New Member

haha, just a little

18. nastynice

nastynice New Member

ur from the bay and u a jets fan?!?!? that hurts bro

19. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Let me get this straight, you're using "pro bowl" voting to try and convince us whether or not a player is elite?

20. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Aso Christ...

Not near as good a T-shirt.