Revis wants 20+ mills per season (M. Lombardi)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

I agree I can't expect Revis to walk away with $20M a year. Mr.T will get it down to teh $15-16M range because it only makes sense and is perfectly fair. We have too many players to resign.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Enjoy section P parking.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

We are about to enter cap hell. Hopefully Revis will accept 10-15 for the goodness of the team.

Or Woody should just do some illegal shit, and bring Revis to his bank account, and not record whats given.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

That's what's going to happen, in all likelihood.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

that's why I'm sure when baseball players don't play they are all out sun bathing and teams are ok with it... no practices or training camp for them right.. c'mon that's absurd!

6. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

haha that is definitely true I agree but baseball players play for close to 8 months while football players play for 5 months and a lot less games. It is what it is.

7. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

yeah, i was just fucking around with that statement. Sports = money. That's really just my point behind all my posts.

8. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

$20 Million is absurd... Peyton won't make that much, and does Revis and his agent really think he's more valuable than Peyton??

I was really hoping for something more in the $12 million per season range, but that isn't looking like a possibility anymore.

9. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Take it a step further and football teams only have 8 home games a year.

Lot harder to spread that revenue around than baseball teams.

10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Couple things on this:

1) Realistically he's gonna command 16-17 mil a year (structured with whatever wizardry Tanny uses to makes it work within the cap).

2) Revis does not strike me as the kind of guy who would blow up the team for his own gain.

3)This is one of the unintended consequences of Rex telling anyone with a microphone all season that Revis is the greatest that's happened to defense since the 3-4. Yeah we all know he's great. Rex knows he's great. And it's not even that Rex blows up his head by doing that. It's that it leaves very little leverage when the time comes for the big payday. I could just imagine Schwartz handing Tanny an offer sheet with the cover letter being every quote Rex has ever publicly said about Revis. When you add them all up I'd probably think I could get him $20 mil a year too.

#70 milo, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  11. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

I think he needs to prove he's worth it by repeating what he did last year first! I mean even than it seems totally selfish! But you know what they say "It pays to buy the best"

12. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

haha, touche. See you there, buddy.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

this is called negotiating everyone. revis' agent says 20 million and then tanny says 7 million and then they each take slight shots at each other on twitter and in press confrences. awhile down the road they finally meet in the middle at something like 13 million and everybody is happy in the end.

14. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Revis is dirty and definetly deserves big money but that kind of money is the biggest ive ever heard of for a defensive player. If he repeats the kind of season he had last year this year then yea you have to pay him what he wants but one great season isnt enough to earn you that much.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Playrs wanting Over a million a game, owners trying to charge tens of thousands for the "priviledge" to purchase expensive tickets and overpriced beverages, and people wonder why the average joe can barely afford to take his kid to a ball game....... ridiculous if you ask me. The breaking point is right around the corner.......

16. HCoftheNYJ

HCoftheNYJ New Member

So no one here understands how negotiating works?

Revis deserves a monster contract. It may not be the amount he's demanding now — but he has to start with some numbers. You don't start a negotiation by stating the exact amount you'd be willing to settle for.

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

If this is true he is very stupid. I would rather the team just franchise him every year and it woiuld be cheaper.

Even at $14M thats a big stretch for a guy that doesn't score points.

If he really needs $20M a year we should tell him to try and find it on his own and just match the best contract he can get. No way a team can pay a non QB over $15M unless your the Raiders.

18. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

it seems that some of you have never negotiated for anything in ur life

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

No one is worth $20 million, yet alone a cornerback. He's the best in the league right now but I wouldn't put that much money on him. If that's his final price, the Jets would get better value tagging and trading him.

20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow this began much quicker than i thought it would.

fatcessa was talking about him the other day, said a couple things... rex will cost the jets money on revis for being out in front of the world talking about how he is the best... its gonna be tough for tanny to convince him he is still up and coming and needs to continue to prove himself before his huge contract... especially when his coach is calling him out as the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.