Jenkins weighs 390 lbs!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, May 13, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

to maintain 390 he needs to be shoveling food into his face all day and be sitting around doing a whole lot of nothing. if he has a salad and starts working out he will drop that weight quickly.

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

an NFL athlete that weighs 300+ lbs and has 4 months can easily lose 30 lbs...given the fact you have personal trainers, live in chefs and dieticians up his ass and around every corner.

we're not talking about joe schmoe who works 40 hours a week and has 3 kids, and occasionally gets to the gym. and then has to find time to cook or is too busy and has to eat out all the time

we're talking about a guy who's livelyhood depends on his physical performance. This is a non issue. 10 lbs of that is probably water weight.

even at the pace of 2 lbs a week which is on the top end of a healthy amount of fat to lose...roughly 15 weeks x 2 = 30 lbs. as a regular "joe" that is attainable. as a professional athlete, that's a breeze

not to mention he has so much muscle mass that once he increases his physical activity and goes into a caloric deficit, the pounds will melt away. the more muscle mass = the more fuel you need and calories you require

#22 jets_fan_in_fishtown, May 13, 2010
    Last edited: May 13, 2010
  3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Look up some of tank's posts..

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

We're talking about a guy that had major knee surgery 7 months ago, he's still rehabbing and that's why he's 390 instead of 360. It's hard to train like you normally do when you lack the mobility that a healthy ACL provides. It's easy to say 'hey, he's a pro athlete, he knows how to lose weight', much harder to actually do it.

I think he'll be at 360 probably by preseason, but I won't be surprised if he isn't.

5. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

i remember reading something a while back about how towards the end of his first season with the jets, 2008 if im not mistaken, he was playing at close to 400 lbs when everyone had him listed at 350. he'll be fine, the dudes a fucking animal. probably the most athletic 350 - 400lb dude in the world.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

12,000 calories.

That's what I intake in a 10 day span.

7. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

FYP.

Two shots at him, two+ rounds after he was projected to be drafted. Passed both times.

8. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

That weight shouldn't be on that knee...

Hey KRIS - THIS IS YOUR CAREER - Right here and right now is possibly his last go round...

This is it buddy - I guarantee you if he blows out a knee this year he'll regret not doing more..

If it were me, I would have attacked this past offseason as possibly my last - I would have swam in a pool all day and eaten lettuce if that's what it took....

I would have come in at 340 and been ready to rock....

9. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

So there, it sounds like a real scary situation OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!:rolleyes:

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Eating lettuce and starving himself would most likely result in a loss of muscle mass. He's a professional athlete and needs to be able to maintain muscle while cutting fat, it's a tricky thing at the pro level.

I'm sure he probably didn't do exactly what he was supposed to if he ended up at 390, but a man his size takes in a ton of calories just to maintain, and it becomes a need for the body whether he's able to work out the same or whether he's laid up with sutures in his kneecap.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

It's not that tricky when you have access to the best possible people to help you and a full time chef and personal trainer...

You or I might grasp at straws (or Hamburgers) for a while - But, he doesn' thave that excuse - People should be telling him EXACTLY what to do.

And yeah, the lettuce thing was a joke but, I'm sure they could have set up a proper diet for his goals.

12. 624

624 Banned

Our 31 year old nose tackle that tore his ACL is overweight in May?!?!?!

He has professional dietitians, trainers, and coaches to help him come back from an injury he has already had before?!?!?!

And he has 4 months to do this?!?!

Oh no!!!!!!!

13. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

While I agree that his playing quality will be the same what I'm arguing is that reconstructed knees cannot take as much weight as healthy knees!

His ligaments don't care if the weight they're carrying is fat, muscle or a massive dick... they still have to keep it all together!

To me 390 lbs on 2 bad knees is a lot of weight... regadless of the position or even the sport.

PS Oh and one final thing... what problem did he have during his career? Was it something like keeping his weight under control? And risking injuries because of that? I can't seem to remember...

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...what the fuck?

15. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Are you trying to say he doesn't have one?

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'd think a guy that big can drop 30 pounds once his knee gets better and he's back up and around. If anything it would be more surprising if he wasn't up in weight right now.

17. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

He'll be fine. He'll drop some weight and be ready to go when the season starts. I don't think his knees are going to fare a whole lot better at 350 lbs vs. 390. Either way, that's a lot of poundage. I'd be willing to bet he's been near this weight in other previous off-seasons. I'm sure most nose tackles are fat in the off-season and drop weight prior to the regular season.

18. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If Kris weighs anywhere close to this when the season starts, Trent Edwards should just sit those two games against us out.

19. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Maybe he can get on Nutrisystem since they dropped LT.

20. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

He should just drop to his knees and sit there when the ball is hiked.

Or Maybe Just hug the center and step on the guard.