" Cimini Plays Doom and Gloom Card " ~ ~ ~

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, May 6, 2010.

1. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Cimini is a hack, why people read his drivel is beyond me...

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I guess he has to try to rip off someone else's style since that whole Peter King schtick never took off after TC last season.

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

You somehow must have missed it but Cimini is no longer employed by the Daily News he is now employed by ESPN radio in NYC so he does not have to worry any longer about selling newspapers

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Too much talk about some of these players disappearing after this year. We all might be pleasantly surprised to see Cromartie, Edwards, and Holmes hanging around. Having an attractive employer sometimes outweighs the benefits of a bigger payday.

5. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He's not worried about selling newspapers because he's far more concerned with page hits, which he can directly control by writing crap like this.

6. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

So basically he's just a moron...? Sounds about right.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Why do you care about Cimini? He sucked at Daily News. No reason to assume a shit can transform into something else in different environment. He's still shit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. The entire WORLD saw how ineffective TJ was down the stretch - and that's when we needed him at his finest. It's not even like he welcomed a #2 role with grace. This dead horse has been beat ad nauseum.

2. Faneca? You kiddin' me? His pass protection was down right awful. His cutting was, while not a popular one, not something one couldn't foresee. Again, beaten ad nauseum.

3. Leon? He gave a big F U to the franchise when the franchise offered extension, then got screwed hard right up his ass. Is that Jets' fault too?

Very well. I do envy Cimini in one aspect; he is getting paid to speak out of his ass. What a job.

8. Jetcentric28

Jetcentric28 New Member

In Tanny we trust, next.

9. JJB

JJB New Member

^^ what he said. Also Kelly is Hawt!

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Why is Cimini such an angry little toad?

Somebody probably drilled him while doing anal............. He sounds like......never mind no need to turn this into a Cimini brown wing thread.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yeah, see, I just can't see the bolded part above happening. Will either Santonio or Braylon be let go? Probably. Will Cromartie? Most likely no. Rex Ryan loves his Cornerbacks, and in today's NFL he has every right too because to get past the Peyton Manning's, Tom Brady's and Drew Brees' of this world and their profilic passing attacks, most of the time you're going to need 4 good Cornerbacks to get the job done. Right now we have 1 great, 1 good, and 2 question marks in Wilson and Lowery. Lowery is as inconsistent as they come and Wilson is a rookie, like it or not. He will still be a question mark going into year 2. Ever hear of the term, one year wonder? I can't see us letting Cro go unless he has another 7 kids.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

[​IMG]

He says this then references FANECA, JONES, Leon and Rhodes

Faneca: multi-time probowl player for the Steelers long before he put on a green jersey

Jones: Drafted by AZ, then played in TB, the Chicago, then traded to the JETS

Leon: turned down a contract extension, then got injured. I like Leon, but he rolled the dice.... and lost

Rhodes: He's the one that didn't want to be here, and hi performance showed it.

what a douche:shit:

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thanks johnny. glad i rate so highly in your world to come back and let everyone know.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Cromartie's status all depends on the deal Wilson signs. If somebody can pull up the contract numbers for the 29 overall pick in recent years I'm assuming the numbers aren't astronomical (maybe 2.5-3 million per season average). I can see Cro getting a 3 year deal with a lot of guaranteed money in the form of a big signing bonus so that a)he gets paid and b)we can still keep other guys on the team. Braylon AND Santonio will not both be Jets in 2011, it's a sad reality but for a 5th round pick it's a deal we had to make. If one of them doesn't play well, maybe they can come back on an incentive filled deal but IDK we'll see. It also depends on the new CBA (if it's 6 years before u can hit UFA then that'd be awesome), if we can tender Santonio at a 1st round level it won't be a big cap hit but if somebody offers a big deal for him we get a first round pick in return. A 2010 5th round pick into a 2011 first round pick? Sign me up

It'll be interesting to see how this all works out but in Tanny/Rex I trust

15. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

You're welcome.

Please, for the sake of websites everywhere and the future of the entire internet and therefore the human race, please don't c&p entire articles. Everyone on here knows how to use a mouse and open a webpage, it's how they got here to start with.

Thanks.

16. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

This guy is a douche.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yeah you know Pace, Jenkins, Faneca, Jones, Leonard, Scott, Douglas, Braylon (think of the running game), T-Rich, Damien Woody. All on the team last year. Almost half the starters are FAs.

yeah, hired guns just don't work.

18. GreenMachine

ceatl2.public.lib.ga.us

19. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

When I'm at work, I can't open most links, so whole article gets my :up:

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

One last gripe: I just don't understand why people are picking on the Jets with those loaded 1-year deals. From the way I understand it, Tannenbaum is being very, VERY smart with caps by reaching out those players for but a year of commitment.

The thing to consider is that, the owners want the cap in place (as that keeps the salaries of the players from getting exorbitantly high; Think Yankees or Manchester United or Real Madrid for that matter.) If the cap is not in place, then NFL will go into a lockout. Another piece to keep in mind is, that the owners want larger share of the pie called revenue. They can't have it both ways; you have to give something to get something, i.e. either get rid of the cap while getting larger share of the revenue, or keep the current (or similar) cap system.

Why am I mentioning this? Simple; if there is a cap, then the cap figure will likely increase when it does come back. Then, (Jets can get up to 20M under cap with a little cap purging) with bigger room in cap, Tanny will be able to hold on to all the core 4 guys (Mangold/Ferguson/Revis/Harris) AND extend those 1-year mercenaries as he sees fit.

If the season is there but the cap is not there, then again, Tanny has hedged his stance really well; he can just go on to grab all the guys he thinks this team needs without worrying about the team salary under the cap.

In the rare (and I think implausible) case where the team salary cap figure actually decreases, Tanny can just cut the ties with old ones and hold on to the core guys first, then either cut ties with 1 year mercenaries or extend their contract as he sees fit. Should this happen, however, a LOT of teams will be going over the cap, and there will be quite a number of quality FAs cut as a cap casualty. Expect Tanny to cut down the cap figure to grab those guys too.

All in all, Tannenbaum is in great spot to be - his stance is very well hedged and he will have ample resources to deal with whatever happens with the cap and the league.