Tebow Sets Jersey Sales Record for NFL Draftee, Topping Sanchez

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TommyGreen, Apr 28, 2010.

1. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I can't believe this.

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Good for the Broncos.

Idk why so many people hate Tebow...he's finally a good role model in sports and everyone shits on him.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Jesus freaks aren't good role models. They're annoying.

4. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

It bugs that this guy gets the kind of hate that he does. I mean, I know his faith and his willingness to be outspoken about it rubs some people the wrong way, but people seem to have it out for him more than they do for a piece of garbage like Vick or Leonard Little. That's pretty messed up.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Just because he's religious doesn't mean he's a Jesus freak. It sucks that this guy gets bashed for being a good person.

He's a great role model for kids - everyone was telling him he'd never play quarterback in the NFL, he'd never be a first round pick, he'd never do this or that...and look what the fuck happened? He worked his ass off and he's doing what everyone told him he couldn't do.

Who the hell cares if he sold more jerseys than Sanchez? Sanchez will be the better quarterback in this league and that's all that matters.

6. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Oh come on dude, don't be immature...the guy does a ridiculous amount of charity work in the Phillipines, works his ass off, and lives up to the high moral standards he sets for himself, and almost everyone likes to shit on him for no reason. I don't understand it.

7. Jam.

Jam. Banned

QFT.

Filla

8. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

i hate him every time i hear him speak, jesus babble or not. The guy is such a goody two shoes cocksucker and if i have to hear one more person gag on his cock while talking about his leadership, hard work, or intangibles, my head might just explode.

his speals about overcoming adversity and how much he loves his coaches, teammates, ect. are just fucking unbearable. If I'm Brian Dawkins, and this guy is pulling this shit in the locker room all the time I would tell him to shut the fuck up.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah but when Tebow gets moved to H-back, Sanchez will be the top QB rookie jersey sold...... i kid.

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

i actually agree. He is repetitive to the point where you begin to get annoyed by it. I would call it rhetoric at this point.... but its actually genuine. When he was about to take his wonderlic, he wanted to lead everyone in prayer. He was told to shut the fuck up by another prospect, and everyone laughed at him.

I can see that happening in the Broncos locker room. An old vet who's tired of being told "I appreciate you" 5 times a day is going to say something about it.

11. zhengster

zhengster New Member

we hear the same answer because everyone has asked him the same questions a million times. so what if he's a christian? everybodys going to pick something to hate on just because he was the best college player to play the game.

12. zhengster

zhengster New Member

broncos teammates will eventually respect him after they see how hard he works out. people earn respect as they see how much work they put in. no one is going to knock him because hes a "jesus freak"

13. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

They will be selling his jersey in 2 years,

14. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

Considering that half the state of Florida probably bought his jersey, it shouldn't be too surprising. That being said I really don't mind the whole religious act, but I don't really commend him for it either. Yes he's a great leader and whatnot, but spread offense QBs really don't work in the NFL.

15. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Yeah what an annoying person for working hard, leading his team, and being a Christian.

It's not his fault that people talk about him...

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

QFT

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The issue I have with the guy is the same issue I have with Duke in CBB, the media treats this guy like he is the only person in the world who works hard and has a strong faith in God. Guess what? Most of the guys in any pro sport have worked hard to get there and I'm sure a high perecntage of them have just as strong a faith and don't need to sensationalize it the way he has. Having been involved in pro sports I find that ones who don't advertise "How strong of a Christian they are" are the ones who usually have the strongest faith. Now I'm not doubting his faith but I get the feeling that he has tried to gain by using his faith. I have to play devil's advocate and ask if he wasn't white would he have gotten nearly half the media attention he has?

Now as far as him as a player, I'm no pro scout but from what I saw I don't see how he ever succeeds at the pro level. He seems like a nice kid and it's hard to root against that but I think once the media obssesion with him wears off he'll be another in the long list of Florida QB's that couldn't hack it in the NFL.....

#17 Barry the Baptist, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  18. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Again...why would you hate Tim Tebow because he's covered and revered by the media often? Why not hate the media outlets who cover him like that? It's not his fault...

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Fuck Tim Tebow. Fuck the coach that recruited him. Fuck the program he played for.

20. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

I'm with you on this.

When an athlete or other celebrity becomes overexposed, backlash is inevitable.
    That's just the way the public is.

Tebow has been thrown in everyone's faces by ESPN and the major media more than any rookie since Bush. That's because he has a squeaky clean, mom-friendly persona, and he also happens to be the best college player of all-time (arguably, at least).