John Henderson anyone?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenMachine, Apr 26, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

I think it's actually pronounced Bob Loblaw.

2. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

HAHAHAHAHA. You know I remember seeing this clip years ago, but I must have missed that audio. What a guy. Sign him now.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Henderson was great but how the hell can you even discuss signing him after cutting Faneca..you can't.

4. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

Because Henderson would be filling a huge void on our defensive line whereas we have 2 replacement candidates for Faneca...

5. Don

But Jacksonville thinks he is done. They didn't cut him because he is a young stud who they think can still be productive. Sound familiar?

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sounds like JT and LT.

7. ShAuN JoHN 9294

John Henderson at 31 is better than Marques Douglas or any other available FA we can get right now to fill the void. Fuck that, John at 31 is better than Douglas at his peak. This is a no brainer.

8. Don

Ok, I'll put it another way. If they sign him after just cutting Faneca they will create a schism in the locker room big enough to fly a 747 through.

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I agree... get him in here for christ's sake!!!

10. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jax runs a 4-3 single-gapping defense. Henderson's roll and responsibilities would be greatly reduced as a 3-4 NT. He just needs to tie up the center and a guard and not get pushed off of the line for abot 15-20 plays/game. If he's coming in as a backup then he has enough left in the tank.

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, they may not think he's done they just don't think what he as left is worth the $11 million he has left...huge difference between the two, and you can't jump to the conclusion that he is done simply because he is cut.

12. ShAuN JoHN 9294

I don't see Hendo being a 3-4 NT for us. Hes very tall and doesn't have a low center of gravity which will be tough on him. He is much more a 3-4 DE ala 6'6" Richard Seymour. Not saying he can't physically play NT but I think Jenks is/would be a much better NT.

13. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Faneca owed 7.5 million, Henderson if he signs owed a LOT less.

14. ShAuN JoHN 9294

The team understands that we are going all in for 2010. I know they are complaining now but winning games fixes everything. When your starting DE is Mike DeVito/UDFA and you can add a John Henderson, you do whatever it takes to make sure he signs on the line which is dotted.

15. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

We're going to run the 6-1-4 defense this year. Obviously this is Perry Fewell's new defensive wrinkle.

16. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

That was awesome.

17. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Unless he's signed to play guard I doubt it.

18. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Lol i joked with my some of my Giants fan friends that you guys should run a new type of defense
    2 DT
    4 DE
    2 CB
    3 S

or
    2 DT
    4 DE
    1 MLB
    2 CB
    2 S

19. GreenMachine

Really? Which one of his league leading 7 sacks given up will you miss the most? Or the 14 in two years?

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

If there is any possible way you can add Henderson to the front line of this defense, it needs to be done. He wouldn't be asked to do anything except stand up blockers and watch Talyor fly around the LT and get free shots on opposing QB's. then in the rare occasion a QB actually gets a pass off, he just needs to put those monstrous paws up and bat shit down.

Of all the possible guys on the market we could possibly add, Henderson would have the second most impact on our defense. First would be Sharper, but it will be quite a while before we have any chance to add him. Adding Henderson would be like the ultimate FU to opposing teams.

Think about it, how are you going to move the ball?

Can you run on Ellis-Jenkins-Henderson, with Scott and Harris almost always going untouched right behind them?

Or are you going to try and pass on Revis-Cromartie-Wilson-Lowery with Leonhard and Pool playing safety, oh did I mention you have Pace and Taylor coming to try and rip your head off?

Seriously who the hell is going to be able to move the ball on us? Go get me big John Henderson and our defense will be just down right filthy next year