Draft Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

For laughs: Walter Football's Draft Grades for Jacksonville:

10. Tyson Alualu, DT, California
    I love it. The Jaguars probably could have moved down 30 spots and still obtained Tyson Alualu. This is a joke. Jacksonville sets a new low for an NFL Draft grade. (Pick Grade: Millen on LSD)

74. D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech
    What!? Was the Tyson Alualu pick so bad that the Jaguars forgot that they made it? I'm sorry that Jaguar fans have to go through this. (Pick Grade: Millen on crack)

143. Larry Hart, OLB, Central Arkansas
    Another reach. Maybe all of these picks will be awesome and Gene Smith will look like a genius. But maybe I'll go out on a hot date with Alison Brie tomorrow too. (Pick Grade: C)

153. Austen Lane, DE, Murray State
    Finally, a Jaguars pick that I like. Austen Lane was a Round 3-4 prospect. He's a steal in the middle of Round 5. (Pick Grade: A)

2. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

A across the board. Given the resources we had and what was available where, we made great moves. People's ignorance (not stupidity, to make that clear) of these players in college or what is important to our roster is probably the only thing preventing people from not liking this draft across the board.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

That's kinda the point....

4. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Maybe all the drugs wore off by the fifth round.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Totally disagree with this shit.

F- across the board. The Jets should have traded up for Tebow.

6. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

QFT

This guy already said anything I was going to add.

7. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's funny, when we signed Taylor, everyone was saying the Jets were free to take BPA instead of addressing needs.

Then you have coach Ryan and Tannenbaun saying on 1050, it's great to be making decisions for the Jets because we have no NEEDS and are very flexible.

If they felt the players we took are what fit, then I'm going to defer to the guys getting paid to lead this team.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I give the draft a (B)

I absolutely love the Kyle Wilson and McKnight picks.

Ignatius mentioned it a few posts back, McKnight will bring what Leon brought to the table.

I don't look at Jets trading Leon for Conner, I look at it like the Jets upgraded w/ McKnight and supplemented with Conner.

#47 GQMartin, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

LOL we don't need another Rookie QB, we need a veteran QB to help out Sanchez!

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah you are right I was way too generous with my grades. I am such a homer.

10. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

McKnight was the top RB performer at the combine in 40 yard dash
    (4.47) , vertical jump (36.5"), and broad jump (120").

#50 GQMartin, Apr 24, 2010
  11. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Excuse me? Conner replaces Leon? Please re-think this. McKnight replaces Leon. The rich just got richer, that would be us. If some one thinks this re-think, if not sorry, my bad.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Yep. McKnight may not be as good of a returner in the NFL, but he's a much better pure running back as a prospect. Given that Leon never got the carries or yards we always expected, McKnight is almost certainly an upgrade in that regard. He has the chance to be VERY good in the league. I really like that pick, and I'm listening to those who have seen him several times about Conner. I can give a great grade to our players (A, A, A, assuming A for Conner), but I can't grade the draft until I see how that front 7 performs.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

B

Although I was joking, and you thought I was serious.

You have an excellent point.

If this season is an "all or nothing season" the Jets need a viable back up who can take the helm if GQ goes down.

#53 GQMartin, Apr 24, 2010
  14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

DT/DE Rex said he can develop Undrafted Rookies So i'm not to worried about our pass rush

15. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

I heard an interview out here with a gm from an NFL team (cant remember which team) stating that if you have 1 guy starting from the draft each year for 5 years and being productive you're a playoff team, if you have 2 guys each year for 5 years you are a superbowl contender... Bottom line, they did enough in the FA this year that the draft didnt need to be rediculous like the lions or someone with HUGE holes. They needed to have filler pieces. Connor is a filler this year and a starter next, the guard is a starter this year and Wilson will play in half our plays defensively.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

eh, 40 yd dash:

Jahvid Best: 4.35
    CJ Spiller: 4.37
    Ben Tate: 4.43
    Ryan Matthews: 4.45
    McKnight: 4.47

Vertical Jump
    :

Hardesty, Montario 41.0

Tate, Ben 40.5

Dixon, Andre 40.0

Paschall, Pat 38.5

Gerhart, Toby 38.0

McCluster, Dexter 37.5

Bell, Joique 36.5

McKnight, Joe 36.5

Broad Jump

Hardesty, Montario 10'4"

Tate, Ben 10'4"

Dixon, Anthony 10'1"

Bell, Joique 10'0"

McKnight, Joe 10'0"

17. ........

........ Trolls

One thing that I'm starting to really like about this draft:

Most teams go in to the draft trying to fill their holes and improve their weaknesses. Our FO said all along it wanted to fill the holes and improve weaknesses through FA so we could go BPA in the draft. That's not entirely what we did, though. Our picks were for our secondary, a run paving OG, and two RBs...one to smash holes, one to seize them.

Our running game and passing defense were the strengths of our team last year, even with a suspect secondary. We actually used this draft not just to grab BPA, but to improve our strengths. It's a solid approach, and I'm getting more excited about it as the day wears on.

18. zhengster

zhengster New Member

as much as i liked leon, we replaced everything he brought to the table and we'll be okay in the future.
    we got mcknight to replace him as a fast elusive back who has good hands and kyle wilson should be able to do a fair job in the return game

19. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

Well, as far as how I felt about the draft right after it happened, 2006 was my favorite draft ever. This one is behind that one, but not by that much. I feel great about all the picks. Combine it with the off-season (which supposedly isn't even over) and I'm really thrilled. Hats off to Tannenbaum and his boys.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/joe-mcknight?id=497192

The thing on the right, under "RB18" is misleading...I didn't click the links...