Draft Grade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 24, 2010.

1. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Assuming we don't make any more trades up give your draft grade. Besides Kyle Wilson I don't see anybody else who is ready to contribute and be a possible starter. I give the draft a D+, we still needed a OLB pass rusher and a DT run stuffer which were there for us to take.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's hard to like the draft at this point but I don't actively dislike it. If the first two picks work out then the Jets will be a stronger team next year than they were last year.

3. WarJets

WarJets New Member

I like it - Have to trust the coaches in situations like this. They obviously feel Jenkins is ready to roll and feel confident with Pouha in a back-up role.

Love the Wilson pick to lock down that nickel spot. I like the road paver of a guard we picked up, just have to wait and see if he can grasp the mental part of the game over the next year or so having not played football for very long.

LOVE the McKnight pick. Dude is an absolute baller in the open field. No one should expect him to explode out of the backfield in a true RB type role, but imo, he is Reggie Bush lite.

Not sure about the FB in the 5th round, would have liked it in the 7th, but regardless, we got a good one. This guy paved the road for a pretty good Kentucky running game in the toughest defensive conference in college football, the SEC. Bowling ball type blocker that could bust some holes up the gut, imo.

4. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

D-

I hate this draft... We lost a starting guard and a dynamic playmaker. Trading up in the 4th. Trading Leon and a 7th for a fucking 5th rounder. Taking a project olineman in the 2nd and taking a fucking CB in the first. Fuck the d-line. Fuck rushing the QB. Fuck this draft. Fuck John Connor. We did not bring on the Ditka. Fuck the Ditka.

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

How many guys is a team going to get in a draft ready to start on day one?

We got 2 guys who definitely will be seeing the field Week 1 and the new RB and FB will be change-of-pace backs and insurance for when/if the most-easily injured guys get injured. I give the draft an A-.

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Bahahaha you mad bro?

7. Bricket-head

Nah copesetic...

8. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Despite being a Leon fan, I like this draft and understand the trades/releases.

Don't forget, they also got Santonio Holmes AND Antonio Cromartie

For the prospects drafted and their talent? A-.

I think McKnight will be a GREAT compliment and playmaker. John Conner looks like a the future FB and is a PUNISHING lead blocker.

HOWEVER, this team can still find some potential diamonds from the undrafted class, as the Ravens defense really has in the past. So it's not over yet in a way.

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

You guys giving out D's are hilarious. I'm sure you guys are smarter then the Jets. You know more about Alan Faneca's play because you watch film on him after every week. You also must know more about Leon's injury. Do you see our depth at RB? I love Leon but lets be honest, you can find backs like him in almost any draft if you really wanted one. He was coming off a bad injury.

I'm also assuming you're giving out D's because there was this player you wanted who you've never seen play but he sounds good.

10. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I give it a B.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

haha that made me laugh. this is quotable.

we can talk about it again but i have concerns that rex thinks he can draft guys and just give em jobs. he said that wilson will be the starting nickel 3 minutes after we drafted him. that scares me that he would say that at that point. it scares me because of what happened with vlad and the release of faneca. i hope and pray that there is a plan other than putting the project rookie in there and he will do well.

the mcknight pick didnt make a ton of sense to me... i just dont see need for him. the trade up for a fb didnt make much sense either but richardson does need to be replaced after this year, hopefully it is AFTER this year!!!

12. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Maybe it will turn out to be like the 2007 Draft hopefully. If 2 of the 4 turnout to be contributors then it was a good draft. They still have UDFA's to sign so there is some hope there.

Vlad Ducasse will be thrown into the fire if the rumors are true about Faneca. Joe Mcknight runs a little to high and allows easy shots on him. O'conner was a need as far as Tony Richardson probably retiring but that could of waited.

13. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

I give this Draft an A-. Lets take a look at this...

We lost to the colts for a few reasons, reason number 1 Peyton picked apart all our defensive backs opposite revis. With Wilson pick in the first round we now have Revis/Cro/Wilson. This will create more time for our blitzes to reach the qb and with way better coverage on the field.

Reason 2 was the injury to SG. Once he went down we could not run the ball because thomas jones just could not produce. So we added another running back to our offense. If tanny and Rex like mcknight i like mcknight.

Now all season people were putting down faneca saying how much he sucks. Giving up 7 sacks and really showing his age. Now all of a sudden we make moves to replace him and people go ape shit. We must trust our organization. I like the Duccasse pick hes a great run blocker and with the best Oline coach in the league he will do great things.

Finally we picked up a replacement for T-Rich. Conner will get to learn under T-Rich for one year and from what i hear hes a special teams beast. So he should be a great contributor.

Overall great draft.

14. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

B
    Loved Kyle Wilson A
    Vlad the Impaler B
    Mcknight C
    Connor D

Holmes and Edwards added in could make it a B+ A- depending on their season

15. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

I gave it a D because of the Immediate impact for the start of the season..

16. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Draft Grade B.
    We drafted to our strengths.
    +1 CB; we had top 5 secondary, now we absolutely have top 5.
    OL rushing +1, why were we #1 last year OL or TJ? I think it was our OL. Losing Faneca kinda screws with this but outside that maybe Slaussen is ready to move up and hopefully Ducasse can contribute late in the year.
    FB+1; once again solidify the running game. This should show where our priority is.
    HB+1; Leon Replacement, This guy gets to learn from LT and hopefully can contribute out of the backfield. In years to come hopefully he gives us a dangerous one, two punch.
    +2 ST with Wilson and McKnight fielding kicks, this should help Westhoff. The poor guy always gets ignored.

#16 bloke911, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  17. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Yeah they just announced Faneca is out of here on Monday...

18. Bricket-head

I'm smart enough to use common sense. You trade your injured rb for an injury prone rb. Does that make sense?

You release your starting guard and draft a fucking tackle. Does that make sense?

NO IT DOESN'T! I MUST BE FUCKING CRAZY FLKDSJAF;LKSDJFSD;LKAFJSA;DLKJFAS;DLFKJD;SALKFJSDA;LFKJSD;LAKJ

19. newcomer

newcomer New Member

Losing Fanaca and Washington have nothing to do with draft.

Sounds tragic losing a starting guard who graded out almost at the bottom of his position and player who because of injury had zero impact on the team last year. Oh yeah, it also likely he will never be the same again.

20. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

According to Walter Football's Draft grades:

2010 NFL Draft Grades:

29. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
    How did the Jets obtain one of the top cornerback prospects in the 2010 NFL Draft at No. 29? Insane. (Pick Grade: A)

61. Vladimir Ducasse, G/OT, UMass
    This is not a need at all, but it certainly will be down the line when Alan Faneca moves on. Vladimir Ducasse fits the range and can play multiple positions up front. Another good pick. (Pick Grade: A)

112. Joe McKnight, RB, USC
    Great value, as Joe McKnight was a Round 2-3 prospect. LaDainian Tomlinson is old and Leon Washington is coming off an injury. The Jets had no sure thing behind Shonn Greene. (Pick Grade: A)

139. John Conner, FB, Kentucky
    A very good blocker, John Conner should be a quality fullback in New York for years to come. (Pick Grade: A)

We were the only team to receive straight A's for all of our picks.