Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Moving your best defensive lineman to a new position where he is woefully undersized. interesting.

That makes sense to you, yet according to you Kyle Wilson was a bad pick because the Jets didn't need him.

3. 624

624 Banned

4. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Hmm, if you researched before you post you would know Randy Starks played NT before we moved him to DE. He is 6'3 305, how is that undersized? He also played very well last year for the Dolphins and was close to getting in the pro bowl. So what are you talking about again?

#544 ElleClouds, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He wasn't "playing well" and "close to getting into the pro bowl" by playing NT. Wow is every single argument you make is intellectually dishonest. It is obvious you put zero research behind your jackassery.

6. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

He played both NT and DE last year. He got sacks and wreaked havoc at both positions and now he is playing NT going forward. So what are you talking about?

7. CatoTheElder

That's pretty undersized for a NT. He's lighter than Dewayne Robertson was when he was the Jets' NT under Mangini and two inches taller so he's pretty lean along with being light for the position. That is not a good combination because it lets centers get up into his chest and push him back and robs him of the leverage a stouter player would have. And as I seem to recall, he was never more than a rotational NT and not a full time starter. I'm guessing that happned for a reason.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

He was a DE. The fins defense was awful because they lacked a true NT to keep blockers off their shitty LB's. If he played NT it was out of necessity/desperation when Ferguson went down. So your argument is completely full of shit. Compared to a true 3/4 NT Starks is a midget.

9. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Randy Starks is one of the strongest players on the dolphins roster and I didn't see many people getting in his chest this past year. He is the same weight as our current NT (Ferguson) and became a full time starter last year at DE. When ferguson went down with an injury, he stepped in to play the NT. He is versatile, just like most of the lineman parcells has brought to Miami and plays with good levarage.

#549 ElleClouds, Apr 24, 2010
  10. ........

........ Trolls

Actually, they were talking today about the Dolphins running more sets with 4 down linemen now that Odrick has been brought in and Ferguson will miss time. Starks may not be solid as a NT, but the line should be just fine if it's true that they'll be shifting into more of a flexible front.

11. CatoTheElder

Jason Ferguson is listed at 5lbs heavier than Starks and taking a 2 second glance at him tells you that there is no way that measurement is accurate. Ferguson is playing somewhere around 320lbs. right now. Oh, and when he went down your DLine and your defense went to shit.

12. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

It's not man, good job pointing that out. I was going to but this guy is a waste. Ferguson is at the very least 25-30 pounds heavier than that.

13. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

So at this point you know the Dolphins personnel better than Parcells/Ireland and Sparano? Our GM was pleased to announce him as our starting NT, but I'm sure just like me, he doesn't know what he's talking about either. Why get a prototypical fat boy if he doesn't fit our scheme? Our depth and versatilty at DL will give Nolan alot to work with this season. And stop hating on starks, dude is a monster.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hey fucknut I dont pretend to know the fins roster better than them. I do however know it better than you.

15. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Funny how Ferguson went down and the Fins still managed to have the 2nd most sacks in the Afc and 3rd most in the league. Sheesh!

16. CatoTheElder

And 18th in the league against the run.

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny how the Jets were lousy in sacks (tied for 18th with 5 teams) and yet were the best pass defense by a country mile in the NFL. To be specific 30 yds per game better than the next best team.

Miami was 24th giving up 81 yards per game more than the Jets on average.

Figures lie and liars figure........................Sheesh!

18. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Ok that's good info but we were discussing Randy Starks at NT not
    pass defense. Nice way to find a way to compare the Jets and Fins with a stat favoring your home team. What's the point?

19. CatoTheElder

I agree. Randy Starks never did anything for the Dolphins pass defense as a nose tackle.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah that's what I did, try and throw in a stat to try and impress an internet jackass..

Which leads me to the bolded.......

You are an idiot.

#560 Miamipuck, Apr 24, 2010