jets tried to trade up...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by lobacz87, Apr 23, 2010.

1. lobacz87

lobacz87 New Member

Hey I'm on my mobile...so can someone please go to rotoworld and post the link?...

Says &es tried to trade up for Iupati and may target vladimi Ducasse in 2nd...

2. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Vladimir Ducasse-T-Player Apr. 23 - 11:29 am et

The Jets were reportedly "working the phones" during Thursday's first round in an attempt to trade up for an offensive lineman.

Mike Iupati was presumably their target. This news could provide a clue as to where the Jets will lean in round two. Vladimir Ducasse, a nasty run blocker built for a power scheme at 6'5/330, could be an immediate replacement for Alan Faneca. Faneca seems likely to be released after the draft.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

3. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i want a nasty mofo on our line. someone who gets off the line and steamrolls cornerbacks and outside linebackers.

4. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Kyle Wilson became a New York Jet with the 29th selection last night but it almost didn’t happen. The Jets did not expect any of the top rated cornerbacks to be available to them once Kareem Jackson came off the board so early. In fact they had their attention turned to the offensive line and were working the phones expecting to pick up a blocker at the selection. Even when Wilson slid into the 29th slot the team still took a while before making the choice. Don’t be surprised if they make a move up today to secure a prospect that can play offensive guard at the next level.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&Show=SKILL&majteam=NYJ

5. 624

624 Banned

Rodger Saffold or Linval Joseph please

6. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

I'm honestly happy we didn't trade up. I'd rather get a corner and get an o-lineman later in the draft or even next years draft

7. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah I think these reports are true. When I was taking a shower this morning, I was thinking about what Rex said. Rex was the one breathing down Tanny's throat to draft Wilson. But apparently, Tanny was willing to trade out of the 29th spot. Which shows that Tanny had someone else targeted that was off the board (or could not trade up for him).

And since Tanny wanted to trade down, I think he had targeted some one else that wasn't worthy of 29th pick. I fully expect Tanny to trade up and get his second targeted player, since the first one probably had a hefty trade up tag. Ducasse would be my guess as well. I hope we can package Faneca alone and trade up a few spots with someone else.

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Ducasse is underrated but I would still like to stick with a DT/NT or a DE in round 2.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I heard on the presser I think not 100% sure if I heard it right..that Tanny was getting a billion calls to go up, down whatever, but rex was like hang up already and give the commish the fucking card.

10. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

There was nothing said about a "billion calls" about trading back. Read the press conference.

11. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I think it was one of those times where you just couldn't pass up on a guy who was supposed to go in the top 10, but was still sitting on the board at 29, at a position that needed depth.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i listened to the press conf.

13. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

Even if they have plans to release Faneca?

14. ........

........ Trolls

They must really hate Faneca's play if they're going to release him and STILL have to pay him $7 million.

15. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

I think the problem with taking Ducasse there, is that it would be signaling the league that they're definitely releasing Faneca, thereby killing any potential trade value for him.

Plus, with our past history of doing well with OL taken later in the draft, they should really keep that one close to the vest and see if anyone makes an offer for Faneca today instead. We can grab a DL with the 2nd pick and come back tomorrow and get an OL at some point like Mike Johnson

16. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

I think the key there is that they were planning to trade up because they thought they would have no shot at a CB when #29 rolled around.

The fact that Wilson somehow miraculously fell made it the better move to stand pat in retrospect.

17. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Slauson or Hunter possibly could be ready to jump in. I trust Callahan if he says yes.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Do we really have better options than Faneca right now? How can a 2nd ord 3rd rounder possibly outperform him right away. We're trying to win a Superbowl next year...not rebuild.

19. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

I don't understand the need to dump Faneca this year. He's due 5.25 million guaranteed against 7 million salary. Why don't we keep him around this season and even if we draft an OG he can be worked in slowly. I think Faneca has enough left in the tank to get through this season.

Just my .02

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I just listened to the presser again. He didn't say 'a billion calls'. He said 'a few calls'.