Jets sign Taylor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

interesting press conference, he basically concluded it by saying what a few of us pointed out over the past few days...

He had no clue if the dolphins would actually have an offer for him after the draft, and if he waited, maybe the Jets would have pulled their offer and he would be left out in the cold with no job, and be forced to retire.

So he decided to wise up and go where he was wanted, to NY.

It was a press conference of remorse that he could no longer be a dolphin, he talked about how humbling it is that "of all the FA's they could have only 1under those final team rules, they wanted me to be that 1." So he seems like he wants to be here, but its killing him he can't be there.

2. S.Kolber set Joe up!

Kill yourself Taylor. We should have retired this classless s.o.b. This is a disgraceful pickup of a truly detestable human being. This is the only time I can ever remember where I would prefer to downgrade a position. Did I mention you should kill yourself Taylor?

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

He's a Jet now. Relax.

4. S.Kolber set Joe up!

No thanks. He can be your guy.

5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

the jets FO has sold their souls to the devil. i am honestly so disgusted right now. i dont tend to get too fired up about sports anymore but i really hate this fucking homo.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

if it bothers you that much, put you money where your moth is and root against the Jets out of spite for both their decision to sign him and Jason Taylor himself. if you don't hate Taylor enough to prefer to see him lose than the Jets win, you don't really hate him that much because the Jets are more important to you, and now that he is a Jet you inherently want to see him succeed to some extent. if that is the case, you have nothing to gripe about because you don't hate him enough to even root against him.

7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

On implosion of old Meadowlands Stadium in 2009: "Go ahead, they can turn it into a parking lot for all I care."

On the Jets' talking trash under Rex Ryan during 2009 season: "There comes a point where you've got to win with class, and you've got to lose with class, and we try to do that. We're not perfect. We do engage in some of the trash going back and forth, but at the end of the day we have two wins, and I think that gives us a little more reason to talk."

After Jets beat Dolphins 40-13 in Miami during 1-15 2007 season: "They suck, too. They beat us. They'll go home happy, and their fans will be happy that they got three wins this year."

On returning a fumble for a touchdown against the Jets in 30-25 win at Meadowlands in 2009: "To score a touchdown in New York against the Jets in the last time I'll be in the hellhole they call a stadium up there before they get rid of it and move to the new one, it was outstanding."

On relationship with Jets fans on Sirius NFL Radio in November, 2009: "The problem I have is with the Jets fans. It's not really a problem; it's kind of this rivalry that has gone on, and they love to hate me, and I love to hate them, and we've had some fun over the years. They've had a lot of fun at my expense. I've had some fun at their expense at times. It's the times like this where you beat them and they just keep talking. They just keep going, and they just don't know when to be quiet. You know, I've said a lot of things about Jets fans in the past, and I'm sure at heart they're good people. Most of them are good people. The Giants fans are a different type of people. Just put it that way. There's a little more class on the Giants' side, and some Jets fans take the 'c-l' out of class."

On playing possibly for the Jets as a free agent prior to 2009 season: "It'd be very, very, very difficult. At the end of the day, if I couldn't find a job anywhere else and the Jets called, I guess I'd have to retire or go play. ... "The Jets are the Jets. I've had a lot of history saying bad things about Jets fans. The fireman hat guy [Fireman Ed], and all of the people in New York that are Jets fans are not the ones that are working on Wall Street. I've said all of those things. So I've got to leave it at that."

Before a Dolphins-Jets game at Miami in December, 2005: "[Jets fans] don't have a whole lot else going for them, and they rely on the Jets beating the Dolphins. I wouldn't want to live in New York in November or December either, so they come down here and fill up our stadium. They sit there and yell their [J-E-T-S] chant. That's the only word they know how to spell."

Prior to a Dolphins-Jets game in 2004: "A bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don't care if they get mad at me or not. They don't like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don't care. ... I'm just being real. I'm telling the truth. You carry yourself with some class, and we'll talk about you as if you've got class. If you want to act crazy and do all the crazy things they do, I'll call a spade a spade. ... Oakland is the same way, but I love playing there. But against [the Jets], it kind of gets on your nerves."

8. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

yeah dude.. you should have just stuck to not getting fired up about sports..

Just wait until JT starts killing it on the field and then fans will get behind him.. then i want this thread bumped so everyone can remember all the bullshit they wrote..

9. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

the betrayal. I love it!

10. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I wonder how long it will be before we start seeing Dancing with the Stars pics over at finheaven?

11. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

LMAO it could be way way worse the Rangers could have signed Dennis Potvin.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

They're probably already there. It's the appearance of the Xerxes pics that I'm looking forward to seeing the retards on finheaven start posting.

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Not a big fan of this. I never really liked this guy but now he's one of us so hopefully he can perform well, 10 Sacks or GTFO.

14. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Im actually cooler with this mover than the one for Old Man River (Favre). Looks like it will be a one year experiment that shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

Look I would welcome satan himself to Jets if it brought is a lombardi trophy

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This move sucks. Oh well, he will be hurt before Week 5 probably. He is a weak baby. Worst move since Curtis Conway. Better keep the Big Katt. This move just ruined the fun that the Jets were for me. Taylor isn't even good.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Can someone please explain to me what Taylor has to do with Ellis?

17. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

For fuck sake look at the title under his name ..... now ask that question again.

18. alleycat9

ugh... i stopped watching hockey when the rangers signed eric lindros... and i still have never gotten back into it.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What happened? Just when I thought you were losing your title you go ahead and totally redeem yourself.
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4[/YOUTUBE]

20. alleycat9

the thing people are failing to realize is that its also about how you go about winning. if you go about it the wrong way its really not worth much of shit anyway.