Jets sign Taylor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LockDown24, Apr 20, 2010.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're reaching, and that foul ball is carrying well into the 10th row.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We've spent all winter upgrading the talent on the team by adding players with personal problems, older players well past their prime, and mercenaries just in it for the paycheck. We've added several players that fit more than one of those categories.

We're not becoming a better version of Rex Ryan's Jets from last year. We're becoming a better version of the Washington Redskins. That's a shame.

3. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Ya I heard on Lebatard's show where he mentioned the text Jason sent him...

It seems like he's begging for sympathy from Dolphin fans, and is trying stay in good graces with the South Florida folk, with holding of the press conference tonight. Kinda patheticl.

It's not that serious dude, you are New York Jet. They're a good team and you had to do what you had to do. That's all you have to say.

lol Never seen a situation like this where a guy signs with a team as a last resort, and makes it known that he clearly has no enthusiasm toward it.

I'd be pissed if I was a Jet fan, lol. But Rex is a big time motivator, so it it could end up working fine.

#323 F.I.N.S, Apr 20, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2010
  4. ........

........ Trolls

Weak moment for Bradway. This isn't like him; he's usually very much on top of things. I'm guessing there's a bit of the emotional side getting to him and clouding his memory and judgment.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Mercenaries? Really?

If you're going to try to tell me that the Holmes and Cromartie trades aren't great moves, then you're just being ridiculous.

LaDainian Tomlinson will be great for Mark Sanchez.

Jason Taylor gives the Jets a situational pass rusher and depth at OLB.

What's bad about any of these moves? Nothing. You're just pissed because Jason Taylor said some things that hurt your feelings.

6. TheCOTCH

TheCOTCH Member

Dude half the guys we brought in (Cromartie, Holmes) are young

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...and good, proven players.

LT and Taylor will be role players - great moves.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, the Redskins over paid veteran players and attempted to build a team on declining superstars because they were enamored by their names.

The Jets are signing veterans to fill needs as role players, not building the team with them, and are only going to depend on them to compliment the existing talent.

perhaps if you weren't so hysterical you'd see those obvious differences. signing LT to be the backup RB isn't the same as signing Bruce Smith to anchor your line, or signing Jason Taylor to do nothing but rush the passer in those situations as signing Deion Sanders to be your number one CB.

9. Phyr

Phyr Member

Everyone in the NFL is a mercenary.

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

My God, I can't believe the way some Jets fans are acting like this.. that all the moves the Jets made were pathetic and we are "selling out" to try and win.

Instead of LT, Holmes, Cromartie, and Taylor would you seriously prefer Jones who is a one-dimensional RB, David Clowney, Lito Sheppard, and Vernon Gholston running around out there? Really??

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Taylor knows he isn't selling any Jets jerseys. He has to try to make somebody like him.

12. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

We signed him because he can help us win. Do you have to like him, no but he's still wearing the green and white.

13. 624

624 Banned

That isn't their job in our system..

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

They didn't hurt Br4dw4y5ux's feelings!

15. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

He knows we hate his guts, and its probably killing him to wear the green and white, BUT

At the end of the day, all that matters is a ring.

And if this douchebag can somehow contribute to the cause who the fuck cares.

16. Coach K

Coach K New Member

it boils down to the fact we need to generate a pass rush without constantly using 5+ rushers.

but yeah his need to make excuses for himself is pretty ridiculous.

if i were him id care more about being at a place where I was wanted, and winning a championship.

not saving face, cause after he retires he intends to do his charity work in South Fla so yeah as usual hes carrying himself like a pansy.

just so happens this pansy can hit qbs. if anyone can milk a solid year out of someone at this point in there career, its probably Rex.

i much rather wouldve have held out and rolled the dice on acquiring Sharper, but as I said this is a much needed upgrade since Pace is the only legit edge rusher we have.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

People who lived the majority of their NFL lives in an uncapped era seem to still have trouble coming to grips with this simple fact.

18. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Some Zach Thomas quotes about today:
    Zach Thomas said he will never root for Jets -- not even if they're in Super Bowl with Taylor on the field. "I can't do it," Thomas said. "You need to respect players who have been good to the game, and the game will respect you back," said Thomas, who is Jason Taylor's brother in law. "If I have to go to a game up there, and I see Fireman Ed, I’d love to knock him off that guy’s shoulder."

I guess since being released by the Chiefs at the end of last preseason - he's got time to make quotes on his hands. Especially that last one about threatening physical harm to a fan. Class-y!

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

who the fuck cares?

edit-about the fireman ed comment. not the whole thing.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

My first instinct is to say "who cares?"

My second instinct is to almost wish Curtis Martin was classless enough to hire someone to bash Thomas' knee in with a led pipe with a spike sticking out of it. Obviously, the first instinct wins out because Curtis Martin is the classiest player I have seen in the NFL.