Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Hardly, we're going after a clearly homer-biased article because it's April and there is absolutely nothing to talk about except the draft and we're fucking bored. Apparently you get your panties in a bunch because the only person who could ever be wrong when talking about the Jets is employed by WFAN and loves the Giants. Of course when Puck and I go pointing out how much of a waste of time that is, you get pissy and start threatening bans because we pointed out that your thread and it's contents were pretty crappy.

Please see above statement about my options for activity.1.2.3.4.5.6.7.8.9. 9 edits.

#121 CatoTheElder, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

How else would you like to compare two teams? Paper is a great way :rolleyes:

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Hahahahah if this qualifies as logical then hey can I have some of the stuff you smoke with Santonio. Which incidentally is the gist of the article that you so vehemently agree with:

The Jets were adding big name after big name the past few weeks while the Dolphins sat frustratingly quiet. But this move changes our outlook.

New York, who's your daddy now?

Instead of going into next season's games against Rex Ryan's defense wondering if anyone can get open against Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, the question shifts.

Can either of those guys cover Marshall?

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

By who went further? By who had better team statistics?

The Bucs beat the Saints last year, I guess that means they are better?

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Ahh yes they beat the Jets, so they are better. :rolleyes:

6. Murrell2878

No. You don't like the fact that I'm bringing a dose of reality into the discussion.

7. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I fail to see what area of the game the Dolphins have an advantage over the Jets at?

The Dolphins have a good run game. The Jets have the #1 run game.

The Dolphins have a great receiver. The Jets have Revis to shut him down.

The Dolphins have a crappy secondary. The Jets have 3 really good receivers.

The Dolphins have a good o-line. The Jets have a better o-line.

The Dolphins have no nose tackle. The Jets have Kris Jenkins.

The Dolphins have Mike Nolan to coach D. The Jets have Rex Ryan.

The Dolphins have the 24th ranked Defense. The Jets have #1.

8. Murrell2878

We were 14-2 and the Phins were 4-12? Cmon now. Both teams are very close to each other and they beat us twice.

9. Murrell2878

That's usually how it works

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Jets and Fins had almost the same schedule. Jets won 9 games out of those other 14, plus 2 playoff wins. The Fins went 5-9 in those other games.

So your point about the Saints and Bucs is that there can be fluke occasions where a lesser team wins a game? Or is it whatever team wins means they are better? Which is it? Giants beat the Cowboys twice last year, were they better?

11. Murrell2878

Have the Dolphins improved on offense and defense? Yes. Did he Dolphins beat us twice last year? Yes. We have improved on offense. Hopefully we have improved on defense. ON PAPER we have but we will not truly know this until we play the games. But to say either team is better as of right now is way too premature. Outside of being a homer yourself of course.

12. Murrell2878

2 of our wins were gimmies down the stretch. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. It was a great ride but we were lucky to be in it. Had the phins got the Colts and Saints down the stretch then they get into the playoffs.

13. CatoTheElder

I have never seen a mod troll by posting the exact same thing over and over and over. This is altogether new to me.

As Puck said, maybe you should take your own advice here:

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Instead they played the Titans and Texans down the stretch and lost.. 2 teams the Jets defeated. And I can see how the Bengals game was a clear gimme that the Jets would have never won. I mean it's not like they went and beat up on them the following week in their stadium or anything..

So it's just always whoever wins is the better team, huh? Giants were better than the Cowboys cuz they beat them twice, Bucs beat the Saints so they were clearly better, Cowboys beat up on the Saints in New Orleans so they are obviously better.. list goes on and on.

15. CatoTheElder

Can I borrow your time machine that works in hypothetical situations?

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I just fail to see the logic behind saying a 7 win team is better than a team that was 1 half away from being in the Super Bowl. Totally baffling to me.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Murrell is right.

18. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

What did it get the Jets that they walked in the play offs off the strength of the colts and Bengals lying down.. Honestly, you guys weren't suppose to be there which sucks because it only ruined your pick in the draft. Granted, once the Jets were let in the playoffs, they became a legitimate force due to that stifling defense. Everyone knows this except a select few Jets fans who can't step outside of their own bias to admit that this team did not belong in the playoffs. And sir, those wins were not flukes. It's called football. You remind me of Bart Scott and Rex Ryan crying after they got pounded by the wildcat. Just suck it up and be the bigger man and stop crying over poor game planning and execution. The nerve of you calling special teams a fluke.

19. CatoTheElder

TT Forum back.

20. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

What did it get the Jets to make the playoffs? You mean besides the 2 wins? Besides Shonn Greene emerging as a potential star? Besides our young franchise QB getting valuable playoff experience?

The Jets showed they would have beaten the Bengals no matter what. Yes, the Colts laid down. That was lucky. But timing is everything in the NFL I guess.. just like the Dolphins were lucky to draw the Jets when they were going through their midseason funk.

The fact remains. One team had 7 wins. The other was 1 half away from the Super Bowl.