Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. skeleton_frames

Exactly.

I like when he says 'can either of these guys cover him?' It's clear he's never watched a Jets game. Can Revis cover him?:rofl:

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The writer is a Homer so why bother even thinking about his opinions anyway. Waste of time and energy.

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

well you could make that argument, except based upon the play of Revis last year, he has shut everybody down including Andre Johnson, Chad Ochocinco (2 catches in 2 weeks!) Randy Moss, TO.

AND he also shut Marshall down the last time they played in 2008, 5 for 55 was Marshall. While he wasn't as out of the game as others, those numbers are certainly not up to his usual standards...

5. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

No. Marshall's a great WR but Revis is a much better CB than Marshall is a WR. There's a much better chance Revis shuts him down twice, like he did with Moss and Ocho Cinco, than Marshall having his way once.

6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

The Fins have had a great offseason, bringing in Dansby and Marshall, so it's not crazy to state that they could be on equal footing with the Jets (though I think on paper, we're still more talented). It very well might just come down to who has the better year between Sanchez and Henne.

7. bloke911

bloke911 Active Member

Marshall is the next Pac-Man.

8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

this fucking guy is the biggest Dolphin homer out there. His journalism skills are completely marred by his delusional love for the dolphins.

ANYONE that knows football can look at the rosters for both teams, and clearly see the Jets are a superior team.

Fuck this dolphin screwing queer.

9. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

The thing is, it is not a lock that we sign them for long term. We still don't have long term contract for Edwards, do we? Besides, Edwards is not all that great. I like the guy, but Cotch outplayed him last year. Cotched proved he is a better player. My hope is we lock up Holmes, but as good as Holmes is, I'd rather have Marshall. Marshall is more proven, and is 6-4 #1 receiver, a huge target, and is there for years, while Holmes is only locked for 12 games. So, Miami scored pretty big as far as I am concerned.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They also signed Dansby and picked up Mike Nolan. Those are all big moves.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

THis guy is just reaching. The Phins now have ONE receiver, and they got rid of the one that always beat us. Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo and Brian Hartline aren't actually world beaters.

Revis takes out Marshall, Cromartie, Lowery and Leonhard/Smith/Pool(whichever one isn't blitzing) can handle the others. Passing problem solved.

Not to mention their defense is still older than my screen name and, as this joke of a journalist says:
    First round pick is only going to solve one of those problems.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

truth.

i dont get how they dont see that letting go of ginn makes sure we have one guy to worry about, who will end up on the island looking average like everyone else who takes a vacation there.

5 for 55 is not impressive, especially when you take into consideration that cutler threw for 357 that day. revis will have no problem minimizing the success of marshall. and with cromartie over on the other side shutting down one of there other scrub wr's, i dont see how much better they got when it comes to playing us.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Bess is a decent at best #2, and Hartline and Camarillo are average #3s on any other team. This is not a dangerous WR corps. Not to mention the fact that they have two aging HBs on their roster. Even if they take spiller or Bryant with their first, that still leaves their defense old and decrepit and, now, likely without their emotional[read: PMS] leader in Taylor.

14. firemanedjr

firemanedjr Active Member

You act like this is the football equivalent of LeBron signing with the Knicks: the fact is that Denver couldn't get rid of Marshall fast enough. Nobody was interested--remotely--until the Fins stepped in and gave up 2 second-round picks. Yes, Marshall is a great WR, but this was hardly a steal.

Yeah, and his chant of J-P-O-V or however the fuck you spell "Jets." Seriously, don't reporters understand that idiocy like that only erodes the little credibility they still have? "Haha look at me I don't know this guy's name. That makes me look professional, right?"

Brandon Marshall>>>Santonio Holmes + Antonio Cromartie + LaDanian Tomlinson + Brodney Pool. Not even close.

Probably the Patriots. But I'm being honest, here.

Do we really need to bring up how ridiculously dominant Darelle was last year? He shut down Andre Johnson. Shut him down. Shut down Randy Moss. And Steve Smith. Chad Ochocinco, twice. Vincent Jackson. I mean, odds are that he can. And if not, the Jets still had the #1 defense last year. Rex Ryan is still the master of the blitz. I'm pretty sure that the Jets can handle Marshall.

And in 2008, when Darelle Revis was one of the best cornerbacks in the NFL, he held Marshall to 5 catches for 55 yards. Nice selective use of games, douchebag. And I'm pretty sure the 2007 and 2008 Chargers didn't have, you know, the #1 defense in the league like the Jets did--WITHOUT KRIS JENKINS.

First of all--fuck you. The Jets ran the "wildcat" with Leon Washington under center when he first came into the league. Against the Patriots in 2007, we had Brad Smith running the option for the first half after Clemens got hurt. The Dolphins didn't invent jack shit. And frankly, the more the Fins throw it the better--our rush defense only ranked, what, 9th?

Oh, that's the objective of a passing offense. I was totally unaware. Thanks for teaching me what happens when you pass the ball.

But I thought this 1940s single-wing shit was working so well? Make up your mind, Armando.

More like crushing disappointment when you once again finish a distant third in this division.

I'm done. I can't handle the stupid any longer.

#34 firemanedjr, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

This is right on.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

it is pretty much the consensus that Miami was a #1 receiver away form being a legitimate AFC contender, wasn't it?

no, wait, it wasn't. my bad.

17. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

^ So true. I think acquiring Santonio Holmes was a bigger move for us than Marshall was for them. In my opinion, they had bigger needs such as safety and outside linebacker. Now they'll probably only be able to fill one of those because they spent two 2nd rounders and $50 mil on a thug.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

no .

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Eh. Whatever.

They have to be excited about something, and I don't think he'd be too popular amongst Fin fans if he wrote an article about how the Fish are still behind the Jets.

Let's shut him up on the field.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

"Who's your daddy now?" Not the fuckin' Dolphins....