Yet Another LOL'z article from South Florida-Fins Now Equal to the Jets. LOL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Good god South Florida papers employ the biggest bunch of hacks this side of Cimini. Between Salguero and Hyde you have enough stupidity to fill the short bus.

Wow what a fucking stupid article!- Link

IN MY OPINION

Big trade puts Miami Dolphins on equal footing with Jets

By ARMANDO SALGUERO
    asalguero@MiamiHerald.com

This changes everything.

We went to bed Tuesday night praying the Dolphins could somehow find a playmaker in the coming draft and awoke Wednesday morning with Brandon Marshall on the roster, proving that Christmas morning also can come in April.

We went to bed wondering if the Dolphins would ever make a bold move that could keep them from fading further in the New York Jets' rearview mirror and awoke racing wheel to wheel with Firemen Fred or Ed or whatever his name is.

The Jets were adding big name after big name the past few weeks while the Dolphins sat frustratingly quiet. But this move changes our outlook.

New York, who's your daddy now?

Instead of going into next season's games against Rex Ryan's defense wondering if anyone can get open against Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie, the question shifts.

Can either of those guys cover Marshall?

In 2007, when Cromartie was the best cornerback in the NFL, Marshall caught 13 passes in two games against him and the San Diego Chargers. Marshall caught 18 passes for 166 yards against Cromartie and the Chargers in one 2008 game.

The Jets now must worry about more than just Miami's Wildcat offense that they discredit so readily but actually copied during their playoff run. The Jets and everyone else now have to worry about the Dolphins throwing the football.

And completing the passes.

``Brandon Marshall to the Dolphins, huh,'' Revis wrote on his Twitter account. ``That's a good look for them.''

It's a good look because, praise be, the Dolphins finally have a No. 1 wide receiver and they can join the rest of the NFL in the 21st century!

This move updates the Dolphins and promises excitement.

CHANGE OF HEART

Bill Parcells has seemingly abandoned the old Giants template for winning a championship. He obviously recognizes you cannot win with just a good running game and good defense unless you have Lawrence Taylor, too, and the Dolphins have been lacking an LT and shown little alacrity for re-signing JT.

So being able to score points is the next best thing and the Dolphins should do more of that with a wide receiver corps that everyone must respect. For the first time since he has been Miami's coach, Tony Sparano now can say he likes Miami's receivers and we can actually believe him.

This trade, expensive in dollars and draft picks, also changes how we view the Dolphins off the field.

When Parcells arrived, he promised no ``problem children.''

The arrests of three Miami players -- Tony McDaniel, Will Allen and Ronnie Brown -- since January, and the signing of enigmatic guard Richie Incognito tested the limits of that promise.

It gets totally dismissed as lip service now that Marshall is on board.

Forget that Marshall was unhappy in Denver because of his contract. He has a new $50 million deal, and that should make him quite the good soldier in the locker room and on the practice field.

But one cannot dismiss the eight domestic violence incidents he has been involved in dating to 2006 and occurring as recently as May 2009. Those are troubling issues one hopes Marshall will not repeat in South Florida.

Regardless of how it plays out, the Dolphins, known for making relatively safe, logical moves, have climbed out on a limb. The risks are greater out there, but the rewards also are grander.

OTHER NEEDS

This move suggests the Dolphins now can go into next week's draft with an eye on defense. Defense is where I thought they were headed in the first round anyway, because at this moment, Miami lacks a starting free safety and starting outside linebacker.

But what if the Dolphins want to become truly radical? What if they pick Dez Bryant if he's available, or select electric running back C.J. Spiller?

Neither fits Miami's prototype. It would be the unexpected, unconventional thing for the Dolphins to do. But so was trading for and signing Brandon Marshall.

That move changed everything.

#1 Miamipuck, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've read other things from this loser.

Quite the gay.

He says Cromartie got beat up by Marshall, but makes no reference to the fact that Revis will be covering him all game and Revis and Marshall have faced each other in 08.

Ignorance is rampant since this trade.

EDIT: Marshall had 5 catches for 55 yrds in the game against the Jets in 08, with pro bowl QB Jay Cutler... quite pedestrian.

#2 NDmick, Apr 18, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2010
  3. Christian

Christian Active Member

I wonder what excuse this clown will come up with when Marshall ends up with 5 catches for 35 yards after playing the Jets twice.

Its really ridiculous when someone finds ways to put down the defensive mvp runner up just because their team traded for a playmaker. I really just don't see Marshall having his way with Revis.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I willing put up with any Jets bashing by other people, but what drives me INSANE is when they think they can dis Revis. The guy shut down the best of the NFL last year and saying things like "Can either of them cover Marshall?" is just blatant homerism.

What bothers me more is that the Fins fans are also fixated on the event of Ted Ginn burning Revis on that one play and believe he's overrated. How can they not realize that play was a fluke; it was clearly a blown assignment. How was Revis able to shut down Moss, Johnson, Ochocinco, etc. but have trouble with Ted Ginn? I just can't to hear what they will say if Marshall gets shut down.

Anyway, while it seems that Revis is focusing on playing Marshall, Fins fans are already going around saying they're our daddys. Certainly they're the ones that think they have the Superbowl locked up for 2010 in April.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

lol, that's the 1st thing I thought while reading that...... Marshall will make some plays, but I couldn't help thinking "doesn't this douche realize that Revis will be on marshall not Cromartie"

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

if we swept the fish last year and then signed brandon marshall to boot i think cimini would have penned the same rag.

on a side note, signing marshall for huge jack ($50m) hurts us. having a $50m receiver in the AFCE no less will not be lost on santonio holmes or braylon edwards. this move by the fish almost garuantees only one of those two will be here in 2011. fuckers.

7. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

This unfortunately is what we live in South Florida. i actually had some guy come up to me and start talking crap and I had to shut him up. fing idiot he was we have marshall and he is going to torch you. I asked why he was available for 2 2nd round picks and he has issues so lets wait and see I mean he even does accept some responsibility in the death of his team mat (the denver cb that was murdered) or the cop he beat up. I also mention I hope he does not move by me. Then I went in to Revis Island and what he did the last 2 years including his 5 catch game against him and that finally shut him up. You should hear the talk shows on how they got a better deal on marshall rather then holmes.
    I simple posted the fact both have issues marshall is on another level talent wise but over all a 5th for Holmes in this offense is great they don't get it here I seriously doubt they ever will

8. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

And if he puts up similar numbers against us this season, hes going to be irrelevant.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

So long as Marshall is playing he makes the Fins offense much more potent. Remember what Braylon did for our run game? Marshall should do the same for the Fins. That's not even considering what he can do as a receiver.

I'm actually not so worried about him vs. the Jets, as Revis should handle him like he did his list of top notch WR's last year. I'm more worried about how many more games they'll win against other teams with Marshall.

Regardless of the Jets impressive playoff run last year, the Fins did beat them twice. Clearly, the Jets weren't on another level than the Fins were last season. If they were they would have easily won both games. Instead they lost two close games. Have the Jets added a lot of talent? Sure, but so have the Dolphins. Talent does not always equal more wins, so we'll have to see how each team does with all the new talent.

Both teams have added pieces, both teams have players returning from injury (NT, RB), both teams have young QB's going into there 2nd year as a starter. There are a lot of similarities.

10. Tolan

Tolan New Member

I hate how people say we copied the wildcat offense, meanwhile Shotty has been using some type of option offense with brad smith ever since was drafted. Which was definetly before the fins started using there direct snap offense.

Btw the NFL is a copycat leauge, everybody copies everybody.

11. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

I hate to point this but when Ray Lucas was our QB and he was listed a wr weren't we running a version of the wildcat. The point is Dan H. has been doing this crap for years they are not the first nor will they be the last

12. mystikol

mystikol New Member

Honestly, what's most laughable to me is that he mentioned the need for a starting FS and OLB, but he completely misses that they have a desperate need for a NT.

Last night on the radio down here, they were qualifying the Jets' moves by saying they signed a bunch of 1-year deals and they throw around draft picks like nothing. I, of course, found this hilarious since the Jets have 1/2/4 this year, while the Dolhins have a 1/3/4. And next year, the Jets are down either a 3 or 2, while the Dolphins are guaranteed to be out a 2. Translation: we have better draft picks than they do the next 2 years. Waaaaah.

13. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

lol did miami invent the wildcat?

14. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, unless you live in S FL you really can't express the total D-bag mentality of fin fans to people that don't live here. S. FL is definitely a melting pot of folks that root for teams from all over the country, but without exception, they pretty much hate the fins because of the relative low IQ of the average fin fan. As most of us here have said, Marshall is a big pick up for them, but the Jets stand the best chance of defending him because of Revis. A lot of fin fans say that Ginn toasted Revis, therefore Marshall will own him...

15. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

All of this is true bu the moves they fins have made all 1 of them does not equate to more wins. While there are alot of similarities in the teams there quite a few differences.
    Both have 2nd year qbs with good offensive lines and running back but as a group in total the Jets Offense is on paper is clearly better from top to bottom and let the defense talk for itself. I will go on record and say last year was an aberration as in the scheme of things I don't thinnk the coaching staff expected the team to perform as well as they did and go that deep in playoffs. The moves the Jets have made only solidified their run and they are trying to make sure they poised to make this run for several more years. While as the fins move seem reactionary to the moves the Jets did. The only reason the Patsies have not done anything is because they are gambling on the draft and while they have good success recently they are hoping they can get at least 4 starters with their picks. Can they maybe but recent history shows out side of the first pick their luck has been marginal at best one good pick one bad pick with several players not even in the league. So they need to get really lucky here or it could be trouble in the upcoming years.
    http://www.fftoday.com/nfl/drafttracker.php?o=by_team&TeamID=9003

16. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Revis is awesome, there's no denying that, but so is Marshall. How about an even split?? One game where Marshall has his way, and one where Revis owns him?? Sounds reasonable enough to me...

~BK~

17. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Say what you will about Dolphins, but this was a great move for them, which I didn't want to see happen. And they only gave up 2nd rounders, while having a great young receiver locked up for years to come. It does make them that much better. As good as the Jets? Hopefully not, but I would rather have Marshall on our team signed for several years than Holmes for 12 games and Edwards (who is FA). Also let's remember that they handed our asses to us last year as well. Miami is not going to be a pushover next year.

18. mystikol

mystikol New Member

But they had to pay Marshall. The Jets still have the option to pay Holmes or Edwards, but they can choose not to. It's not like the Edwards and Holmes will automatically not re-sign after the season lol

19. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Best part of this trash....

Teams are trying to get equal with....US!!! Not the Pats!

20. ILL-AL

ILL-AL Active Member

not to mention marshall is one strike away from a 1 year suspension! if they couldnt keep him outa trouble in colorado good luck down here in miami lmao!