Jason Taylor seeming likely [edited]

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dcm1602, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Phinstd

Phinstd New Member

Yup. An unfortunate name selection when I was a youngster...just easier to keep the same one rather than remember a new one.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

And it's easy to remember a user name like PhinSTD because cheering for the Fins is a symptom of AIDS.

3. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I agree, Ellis had the same amount of sacks as Taylor last year and is 2 years younger. If Taylor doesn't want to play here, Tannenbaum needs to move on. Problem is, Ellis is probably seeking more than what we can offer.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Last year's salary was $3,000,000. He would have to be willing to take a 50% pay cut if he wanted to sign with the Jets, not exactly ideal. Then again, he hasn't received any offers so who knows.

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Wasn't Ellis cut?

6. CatoTheElder

He was, but the fact that his name hasn't come up seems to mean that he's looking for more money. I can't see either Rex or Tannenbaum completely ignoring him because Tannenbaum has his policy of due diligence on every player and his size is prototypical for Rex's system. It's either money or they got the feeling that he doesn't want to move to the East Coast.

7. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Well, considering Ellis' age he's the type of player you'd consider after the draft if you couldn't get the player(s) you want...that's probably why his name is off the radar. Quite frankly, if Sharper wants to play here for the some money JT wants I say tell JT to fuck off and sign Ellis instead. Or find a way to select Graham. Or wait for Adalius Thomas. Or find a clever combination of those scenarios preferably with Graham involved.

8. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Report now the Dolphins called off the meeting with Jason Taylor. That'll prob piss him off.
    dunno how credible this is.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Dolphins-call-off-meeting-with-Jason-Taylor.html

9. ........

........ Trolls

10. flgreen

flgreen New Member

There’s a bit more to this then what the Herald mentioned. It has been on the Sports radio talk shows all week out of Miami.

According to the radio shows, the Dolphins contacted Taylor and told him they wanted to talk to him, but didn’t want to tip their hand for the draft by making it public so they asked him to keep it secret. He didn’t even tell his agent or Zack Thomas his brother in law.

Then the Dolphins (Tuna) leaked it to ESPN. The purpose of he leak was PR. The fans down here were livid that the Fish had not contacted him since the season ended, and were letting him go to the Jets. The Fish wanted to make it look like they were doing all they could to keep Taylor to quit the fans down, and make him look bad.

Supposedly Taylor was furious, and went on vacation, which brought up the conference call which Taylor was not a part of. The current rumor is that Taylor will sign with the Jets as soon as he returns.

We’ll see

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

If that's all true (I have my doubts), then it sounds like Taylor is going to sign with us out of spite. How is that supposed to make the fish fans happy? Not that I care, but all these politics seem to be muddy the waters even more. As long as he makes his decision clear before the draft that's okay. If he's going to prolong this beyond Wednesday, just shut the door.

#311 Vorrecht, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

13. CatoTheElder

"I don't even know how two women could make love. I mean, unless they scissor or something."

14. flgreen

flgreen New Member

The Sparano-Taylor meeting off on wrong foot
    Tony Sparano called Jason Taylor in recent days and with all the charm and charisma that convinces so many Dolphins to play hard 100 percent of the time, the coach told Taylor the two of them needed to meet this week.
    Man to man. Coach to player.
    Nobody needed to know about it, Sparano told Taylor.
    And so Taylor didn't tell anyone about the meeting.
    Taylor didn't tell his agent Gary Wichard. He didn't share it with any of his close confidants, either. So on Monday afternoon when ESPN senior insider Chris Mortensen reported on NFL Live that the meeting was coming this week, everyone connected with Taylor denied they knew about it because, well, they didn't.
    But obviously someone inside the Dolphins organization told Mortensen. So the same organization that swore Taylor to secrecy leaked news of the meeting to the Worldwide Leader -- a figurative national bullhorn.
    What is the deal with these Miami Dolphins? On the one hand, they're asking players to keep in-house matters in-house. On the other hand they're planting stories in the national media.
    And what is the point? On the one hand, they seem to be reaching out to Taylor. But, in fact, by leaking the story, they have actually done damage to whatever they might be trying to accomplish. Taylor was disappointed with the team late Monday night when he learned news of the planned meeting leaked from the team after he was told to tell no one.
    The Dolphins have been in lockdown mode on the Taylor issue for weeks. General Manager Jeff Ireland calls Wichard regularly every time facts about the Taylor-Dolphins negotiations -- or lack of negotiations -- get out in the media.
    But Ireland is working for the very organization that slips ESPN interesting little notes -- like Ronnie Brown being on the trade block or Joey Porter not playing the rest of the season after his 2009 suspension. Granted, sometimes the information is flawed, but apparently the tuna can that is the Miami Dolphins isn't very well sealed.
    The greater point is the Dolphins work in unorthodox ways. They have asked players to betray their agents -- as with the Ricky Williams contract extension that excluded agent Leigh Steinberg. And they betray their players -- as in leaking news of Taylor's private meeting with Sparano.
    Weird.
    The now well-chronicled meeting, by the way, is still scheduled for the next day or so. Taylor is scheduled to go out of town with his wife late in the week. (No, he isn't going to New York to sign a contract.) At least that wasn't the plan late Monday before Taylor found out the meeting was all over the Internet.
    So where does this meeting go? What purpose does it serve?
    It should probably start with Sparano apologizing to Taylor. The coach put his reputation on the line in asking Taylor to keep things private, but his team instead turned around and opened its information pipeline to ESPN. That cannot help the Dolphins' agenda unless the agenda is to simply make a public relations move -- one the Dolphins want publicized on national TV.
    Maybe the meeting is meant to tell Taylor to go quietly into the night -- or in this case to simply take an offer from the New York Jets.
    But if the point of the meeting is to be sincere and try to convince Taylor to be patient with the Dolphins, to wait until after the draft and hedge his bet Miami might want him back, this definitely is a strange way to go about that.
    Strange and wrong.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolp...anydolphinsplay-hard-100-p.html#ixzz0lO8TxU3i

15. CatoTheElder

That should be slightly easier to read.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if thats the case then he is just being a douche, which shouldnt surprise anyone, and playing games. this is EXACTLY why i wouldnt want him on the jets in any way shape or form.

17. CatoTheElder

So Taylor being pissed off at the Dolphins for lying to him makes him a douche? A hate the guy as much as the next Jets fan but that one doesn't even make sense.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Only 300 more posts and the Jason Taylor topic beats out Brett Favre.

19. Phinstd

Phinstd New Member

Classy my friend...

20. XxceenxX

XxceenxX New Member

I think that Tanny is gonna draft a Corner.Because rex loves corners and there is gonna be a good one by the time our pick comes around..There is alot of DT's,DE's,and LB's in the mid rounds..so i think our draft might look like this ...rd1=CB rd2=OLB/ILB rd4=DT/safety.rd6=KURT THOMAS/safety.(love this guy's toughness and would be great for special teams)rd7=best OT/OG