Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Can we just dead all the bullshit?

This is all I want to say: Henne vs Sanchez for the next 10 years...

Gonna be fun to watch. I think we can all agree on that.

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

All the bullshit seems to be flowing from South Florida....just sayin'.

3. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Hey! Not all people from South Florida don't know shit about football...just Dolphins fans :)

4. ........

........ Trolls

I agree on the 2nd point, although I still maintain that Henne's more of an unknown at this point thanks to the threat of the Wildcat. Teams have had to devote ample amounts of practice time to preparing for the niche offense, and haven't spent as much time looking into Henne. That's going to have to change now that you can't afford to keep your backfield together.

As far as the first point, it does make it difficult to take seriously the posters who signed up right around the division win by the Dolphins and ONLY show up when the DOLPHINS, not the JETS, do something memorable. This is a JETS messageboard, and looking at your old posts, I don't think you're here to consistently talk about football in a productive manner. You're here as an opportunist, and it's tough to take that seriously.

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha..didn't mean to generalize, junior.....i was just referring to Phins fans and Miamipuck :smile:

6. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

HEY! what are you trying to say! lol

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I honestly believe Henne's enlarged brow will pose a problem.

That has to curb his vision.

That's a damn good point about preparing for the WC, now that the league has seen what Henne can do they will have prepared much more for his role in the game too.

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The fact that the Dolphins have sucked picking 2nd rounders doesn't mean 2nd round picks hold no value. It just means they hold no value for the Phins.

9. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

Thats a crap excuse "we coudn't stop henne because we had to prepare for the wildcat".

If the jets spent so much time during practice preparing for it, they woulda been a helluva lot better stopping it.

Didn't realize jets had the #1 rush attack in the nfl last year, so good post on your part.

I'm not here trying to be an opportunist. If I was, I would wait till the jets had a 4 win season to come back.

The truth is this: In my opinion, The Jets and the Dolphins have both had great offseasons. Both teams have improved. Both teams may have even passed New England in the race for the division.

I think now more then ever this rivalry is going to get even more intense than it ever was (hard to believe).

Previous poster made a good point about the Henne vs Sanchez battle. That topped off with Marshall vs Holmes (two pro bowl caliber wr's who came out in the same year) toppled off with Ginn vs Braylon (who will have the most drops in the nfl this year).

I think both staffs have young great coaches that will be around for a long time.

I am for the first time in a long time, excited about the dolphins chances and the rivalry with the jets this upcoming season. As far as im concerned, both our matchups should be monday nighters.

I still hate you guys with a passion, but the jets and the jets fans i love to hate. I would say goodluck this season, but why bother if I dont mean it?

10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Dolphins are going to get swept this season by the Jets, and we won't see you again until the 2011 offseason.

11. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

Big words coming from a team that lost two strait to us.

Like Revis stating before the game " I got ginn covered all day " the same day he gets burnted for a 53 yard touchdown.

Like Rex Ryan calling out channing crowder who ends up getting 20+ tackles in both games combined.

12. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

What happened your last four games? How were the playoffs man?

13. ........

........ Trolls

The Jets WERE equipped to stop it...in the 2nd game. The combo of limited tape on Henne and heavy reliance on the WC killed them in the first game.

If you're not an opportunist, you sure pick funny times to post. My guess is you can't wait long enough to see a Jets 4 win season, so you take what minor "victories" you can get.

I wouldn't call the Dolphins' and Jets' offseasons great in the same breath. I wouldn't equate them at all. The return value is entirely different, and our FO didn't take nearlythe same gamble. You must have missed the recent article in that Fish wrap about "everyone" being available off the Phins roster. That doesn't sound like a team that feels it has closed the gap and is about to compete for the AFC East. That sounds like a team that's hoping to rebuild and compete a few years down the line.

Of course, it could also be that you have some FO figures who aren't exactly on the same page with their visions for the team. It's hard to reconcile that statement with the Marshall trade. It should be interesting to see how that dissent plays out if that's the case.

14. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

Your right, the dolphins had a way better offseason. We aquired pure talent while the jets aquired washed up under achievers.

Trading everyone? The only guys on the block are Smiley (backup guard) and Ginn (our 4th wr on the depth chart). I'd hardly call that rebuilding.

15. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

Aren't we talking Jets versus Dolphins? Yes, we are.

Not dolphins last four games of the season

16. ........

........ Trolls

Scroll up. I posted it in this thread. It was an article from YOUR hometown newspaper saying that the Dolphins were open to trading "almost everyone".

EDIT: What the hell, I'll give you the link again:

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...1_ginn-miami-dolphins-staff-writer-omar-kelly

#376 ........, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  17. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

Actually I think we were talking Brandon Marshall until you ignorant Phin fans showed up. As much as it hurts losing to the Phins, I'll take 2 losses to you fucks and an AFC Championship apperance every season, especially one in our QB's rookie year. But hey, have fun not making the playoffs again.

18. ........

........ Trolls

I know Derrick Strait bounced around after he left the Jets, but I'm fairly certain he never went to Miami. That still only accounts for one "Strait". Who is the other one?

Source, please. If you put it in quotes, it must be a direct quote. I'd love to see where it was printed.

1) Tackles are one of the most overrated statistics in football, particularly when you're talking about a game (the second) in which the Jets ran 77 offensive plays.

2) According to NFL.com, Crowder had 4 tackles in both games combined. That's awfully different than 20+. Of course, that shouldn't be too surprising since he was inactive for the 2nd game against us. Why bother saying combined when he didn't play in one of them? Where exactly are you getting your statistics?

19. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

LOL Should have known this guy wasn't all there when he asked us to compare Leon Washingtons stats last season with Ricky Williams.

20. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member