Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Holmes is on his last strike for smoking weed and failing drug tests.

Marshall is on his last strike because he continually beats women.

Big difference in terms of character issues.

2. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Miami was looking to add a talented #1 WR long before the Jets off-season began...

~BK~

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

yeah, from a severity angle, it's like apples & oranges.......but they're both still on their 3rd strike.....regardless of their history of offenses.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Your ignorance is amusing. Im sure everyone here recognizes that Marshall is an elite talent, but simply put....having the best cover corner in the league makes this pill very easy to down. Marshall will be blanketed by Revis, which will likely turn his gaudy numbers into very pedestrian.

It's still a good move though. Now get your head out of your ass...

5. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

When you're stoned you don't feel like beating anybody up... pass the fuckin' cheetos!:breakdance:

6. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

True. But if you are gonna compare one player to the other, it has to be taken into account.

Bottom line, and I think most will agree, I'm happy we got the pot smoker for a 5th without an extension as opposed to the wife beater for two 2nds and a 50 mil extension. Even if Holmes doesn't have as high of a ceiling as Marshall.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're not allowed to disagree, it is the internet way.

no doubt they were looking to add a number 1, everyone is, but at what price? that's my point, the price they paid was pretty high and obviously it became a greater necessity to do so after the Jets off season moves.

8. Muck

Muck New Member

Miami had to make this deal. New York dictated it. I heard Marvez quote a Dolphins source this morning: "We had to do something."

It's definitely a risk I'm apprehensive about. But I expect both Holmes and Marshall to be on their best behavior this season. After that, all bets are off.

If Ted Ginn can get one over on Revis, why can't Brandon Marshall? Nobody's perfect. It'll be fun watching those two go at it. The three and four letter networks will pee themselves anticipating that matchup.

9. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

So Holmes just smokes weed, huh?

They're the same dude. Miami is investing alot more in their guy, though. But he is also a better player.

#229 F.I.N.S, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

No doubt this makes the Dull-Phins better but the overall talent on both teams has to be lopsided towards the Jets.
    We've got better/more playmakers then they do on both sides of the ball.

11. Fin-atic

Fin-atic New Member

This is classic Jet fan. I think I can establish team dominance by throwing weak insults. I love it that Orange and Teal colors are "gay" colors. I didnt know colors could be "gay"...does that mean that the Jaguars and their teal are gay? The bears and the Broncos and their orange are Gay? Exactly what is they Gay color wheel? LOL!

Inferiority complex? Why would we feel inferior to a franchise that hasn't been to a Super Bowl in 41 years and until they made a playoff push this year has been the armpit of the division always chasing Miami and NE? Inferior about what? Our sweep of you? The fact that we have gone into your house for two years in a row and spanked you in your house?

Please! Late the hating continue...this is an awesome move for the Fins and it will impact the balance of power in the division. If you cant admit that then you are infected with a bad case of homerisim.

#231 Fin-atic, Apr 14, 2010
  12. ........

........ Trolls

I hope so. Trade back and miss out on Thomas, Williams, Graham, and Odrick. That'll show us!

13. ........

........ Trolls

In Miami, it'll be "I was upset. He took my black cherry."

14. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

They've had similar problems, sure, but from everything I've seen they're hardly the same dude due to the magnitude of those problems. I mean, in addition to the multitude of police reports filed against him, there are two seperate 911 calls where he has blocked the exit of a woman in a car, gotten out of his vehicle, threatened her verbally, and was banging on the glass and/or threatening to break it with a brick.

While they both have "domestic abuse" on their records, Brandon Marshall is on a whole 'nother level.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

dude...it's irrelevant.

My point was...they're BOTH ON THEIR 3RD STRIKE WITH THE LEAGUE....it doesn't matter what they've done......if either one of them fucks up again.....1 year suspension.

I agree that Holmes is the better citizen....that wasn't the point i was making.

16. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Double post my bad.

17. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

:lol:

It's nuts though - that was his real response to Bob Ley playing one of the two 911 calls where he had blocked the woman's exit with his car, approached the vehicle aggressively, and had her screaming to the operator hysterically that he was trying to break the window and get to her.

"I was upset - she had my blackberry."

18. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

A goon is a goon, bro.

The reality is they both have issues and a checkered past.

There is a REASON Holmes was had for a 5th round pick. And there is a reason why the Denver glady took a second round pick for Marshall, as talented as he is.

#238 F.I.N.S, Apr 14, 2010
  19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

any player can get one over on any other player. but if you are depending on winning games by simply being able to get one over on Revis you have a misguided view of what it takes to win. to win consistently, you have to outplay or keep pace with your opponent the entire game.

I'll gladly have Marshall get one over on Revis for a TD if that is all the Fins get. that's the point.

20. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

As long as we still have Revis this shouldn't make too much of difference when we play them, but the fish surely just added another 2-3 wins against teams with inferior secondaries with this move. Man I'd hate to be a Pats fan right now.