Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I share the same sentiment.

I would've shit my pants if Tanny did the same thing with Holmes........but Tanny has intelligence....thank god.

2. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

He's actually a pretty good blocker. Much better than any WR they had there last year, which means he will actually be a more dangerous threat out the WC because he can break off his blocks instead of say, a FB or TE being out wide.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i was hoping Sparano would have him taking the snaps.... :smile:

4. GreenHornet27

GreenHornet27 New Member

Ha, your team makes one move, that may hurt the future of your franchise and your wondering what Jets fans are thinking. You might want to wonder more about what your franchise is thinking.

Yeh you get a stud WR that is one incident away from being suspended for an entire season. Go ahead give him the big money like they did to Ricky Williams. Then watch him earn his millions from his living room. Of course, any man can change and he has a high upside, but the risk is certainly there and cannot be ignored.

This move was about just trying to keep up with the division, and one move isn't going to do that. If you think the Jets and fans are worried because of this, you and your fan base are foolish.

5. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Brandon Marshall is a top 3 WR behind only Fitz and A. Johnson. No denying this guy is a beast on the field. Great pickup for the the Phins talent wise.

Off of the field, he is a total piece of shit. That second video, for the first four minutes he is talking about how his girlfriend is such a liar, and how her police reports were bogus. Then the last three minutes of it he is swearing by what she wrote down in response to other eyewitness accounts. Complete Jackass.

Best quote "Yes. I tapped the glass"

How you could root for that guy is beyond me. Thank God he is not a Jet.

6. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

I'll be honest, I still think the Jets should be considered "the team to beat" in the AFC East. However, there's no denying that Miami just improved their chances offensively. We need some defensive help, but adding Nolan this offseason didn't hurt...

Why should we feel inferior?? And as for taking cheapshots at Rex Ryan, I happen to really like the guy. I think he's a great coach, and he really knows how to get the most out of his players. He's a perfect fit for the Jets in my opinion, and should continue to make you better...

Ok...

~BK~

7. FinNasty

FinNasty Member

Do not be surprised if Miami trades down in the 1st to recoup that lost 2nd.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I will do cartwheels if you guys end up drafting Taylor Mays in the first round.

9. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

"I was upset - she had my blackberry."

10. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

While he's absolutely a top 3 player in the league period, he's also the most likely player to be suspended for a year, and most likely player to end up in jail. The dude's a wife beater in every sense of the word. I would have loved if the Jets got him for what the phins did, but at the same time, I'm happy we didn't because tomorrow he could wind up in prison.

In that case, I'd take Holmes for the 5th, even with his suspension.

11. F.I.N.S

F.I.N.S Member

Not gonna fucking happen.

They made a movie about Taylor mays back in the 60's, it's called Lost in Space.

I'll take Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen in the third, or the second (if we can get another pick in a trade down) though.

12. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Miami has needed a legit #1 WR for quite some time. Adding a WR like Marshall has been a long time coming. I highly doubt "keeping up with the division" had anything to do with it...

I don't care if you guys are scared or not. You were scared last year either...

~BK~

13. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

kind of risky? it is extremely risky. as good as he is, and undoubtedly makes them scary on offense, the contract reveals it was a desperation move by the franchise in response to everything the Jets have done.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

What's with all these fin fans? I don't know what your looking for from us, but I'm sure you can find someone to blow at the fins forum. I mean any time anything happens it's like you faggots have to come over here to get our approval or something.

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

And Holmes is no Marshall..not even close.

16. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

How so?? Marshall was going to get paid no matter where he was traded to. His new contract has nothing to do with the Jets, period...

~BK~

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

you're out of your mind if you don't think the Fins didn't sign him to whatever he asked for if they weren't concerned about keeping pace on the field with the Jets.

and there is no indication he was going to get paid no matter where he was traded to. in fact, the fact that no team was willing to meet the initial trade demands or meet the Fins trade could be interpreted that no other team was willing to take on the risk at that price other than the Dolphins.

good trade for the Fins, I already said that, but that doesn't mean it wasn't in response to the Jets. it certainly was.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

they're obviously not the same person....but in the eyes of the NFL....they're both on their last strike before getting slapped with a year long suspension.

That's the point i was trying to make.......

Tanny was smart and didn't throw any money at Holmes right away.....taking the wait n' see approach was certainly the smartest route to take.

In regards to Marshall and the Dolphins....they did the exact opposite....and it reeks of desperation. The Phin fans can come on here all they like and deny the fact their FO acted out of desperation...but i'm not buying it....not when they could grab a wideout in the draft with that 2nd rounder.

Parcells pooped his pants.....plain and simple.

19. Don

Parcells wanted him because he is Keshawn Johnson++, the type of player Parcells covets.

20. Don

Oh, ok. I thought you were talking about the money part.